DFC Official News

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DFC Official News

Post by shawry » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:36 pm

No. They are automatic, replacing the posts Charlie used to do

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:43 pm

And it's the automaticness that's the issue!

A separate forum would work for me. One click on that forum and everyone can follow the links they choose - meanwhile this board remains unchanged.

I welcome important stuff from "it" but looking at what's on this page now, most are trivial.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh yes the items on page 2 which have been shifted...

Fans Lottery winner from last week, South Shields attendance, a joke thread about White leaving, a weather warning from 2 weeks ago, a guess that the Barwell match would be re-arranged for yesterday, scores from 2 weeks ago...

Nothing I particularly feel I am missing out on...

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm

lo36789 wrote:Oh yes the items on page 2 which have been shifted...

Fans Lottery winner from last week, South Shields attendance, a joke thread about White leaving, a weather warning from 2 weeks ago, a guess that the Barwell match would be re-arranged for yesterday, scores from 2 weeks ago...

Nothing I particularly feel I am missing out on...
Well I can see your point lo :o , but another way of looking at it is this -- out of the fifty posts on page 2, thirty of them are from DFC Official News, twenty of them are from us. "it" is using this board half as much again as "us".

B.T.W. there's quite a few who would welcome a solution to this problem. A quick count up on this thread gives me 12.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:41 pm

I would say if there has been no response from a real person in 48 hours the thread is deleted.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:08 am

Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Here's what I'll do - I'll archive off the posts made by the Official News poster into their own subforum a couple of days after the post has been made unless there's a discussion ongoing - essentially, what lo is suggesting (so someone agrees with him!) - with the addition that when discussion stops I'll archive them then as well.

They will continue to appear in this area of the forum to start with and remain here if people are replying to them. I'll have to do this manually as well, for now.

I trust this will be satisfactory, and I will ban the first person who, at some point in the future, complains that the board isn't active enough any more and that the first page of topics now spans about a month and a half's worth of discussions. ;)
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:38 pm

mikkyx wrote:Here's what I'll do - I'll archive off the posts made by the Official News poster into their own subforum a couple of days after the post has been made unless there's a discussion ongoing - essentially, what lo is suggesting (so someone agrees with him!) - with the addition that when discussion stops I'll archive them then as well.

They will continue to appear in this area of the forum to start with and remain here if people are replying to them. I'll have to do this manually as well, for now.

I trust this will be satisfactory, and I will ban the first person who, at some point in the future, complains that the board isn't active enough any more and that the first page of topics now spans about a month and a half's worth of discussions. ;)
Thats a fair enough compromise I reckon, as it will mean that only active threads from them remain visible.

Mikkyx - I thought you'd put something in place to stop all the youth team stuff from populating anyway?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:48 pm

shawry wrote:Mikkyx - I thought you'd put something in place to stop all the youth team stuff from populating anyway?
I have, but it relies on picking up certain key phrases within the headline - if they aren't used then the story will still get through. Might expand this to check the body copy (well, the abstract my feed reader has access to) as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm

There are 7 DFC Official News threads in a row and not one has drawn a response. The situation seems to be just getting worse by the day.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

You can please some of the people......... Etc, etc.

Being away from the footballing hot bed of the north east I appreciate the info. Obviously a lot of us prefer to be a fan following the team and not the club.

I guess it's not suitable for everyone.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There are 7 DFC Official News threads in a row and not one has drawn a response. The situation seems to be just getting worse by the day.
And they will be moved in due course, like I said about four posts above you.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There are 7 DFC Official News threads in a row and not one has drawn a response. The situation seems to be just getting worse by the day.
pretty much confirms darlo_pete deliberately writes things to provoke.

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Milky, we appreciate your help with this.

I'm sure most of us also visit the official site as well to keep up with the news.

And I agree that Pete just posts to stir things up.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:57 pm

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:You can please some of the people......... Etc, etc.

Being away from the footballing hot bed of the north east I appreciate the info. Obviously a lot of us prefer to be a fan following the team and not the club.

I guess it's not suitable for everyone.
Genuine question, do you visit the club website for news?

Because it's the same info from the website that's being posted here.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 pm

LOL, the official site is now posting half time updates too!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Haha I burst out laughing at that. Reckon Official Site is doing it deliberately to wind up people.

Darlo Official Site has a cruel sense of humour.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:

But at least he's not a robot :evil:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:07 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

But at least he's not a robot :evil:
Do you have proof of this?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Proof ? yes, just about nailed-on - I once saw Darlo_Pete eating a pie and Robots don't eat.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 am

Hmmm I remain doubtful

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:06 pm

The new system doesn't seem to be making much of a difference, as 7 of the top 10 posts were from the DFC Official News.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The new system doesn't seem to be making much of a difference, as 7 of the top 10 posts were from the DFC Official News.
I think I'm going to change my name to "Terms and Conditions", since apparently you ignore everything I say ;)

I'll say it one more time - the Official News posts will be moved - MANUALLY FOR NOW - 2 days after they're not being posted in any more.

I know that Tapatalk is showing the posts as unread again when I move them but I'm not sure what - if anything - I can do about that.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 am

29 of the last 38 topics posted by DFC Official News. 24 of those with no interest or replies going back to 16th December. When is enough enough

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 am

Unfortunately the forum is just about finished, Darlo news or not.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:22 am

Don't think the postings have helped, from a personal point of view I look at the forum see a number of threads from DFC which I have read on twitter and I just stop looking at the forum.

The DFC threads have had a negative effect on the forum, to what scale I guess we don't know.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Don't think the postings have helped, from a personal point of view I look at the forum see a number of threads from DFC which I have read on twitter and I just stop looking at the forum.

The DFC threads have had a negative effect on the forum, to what scale I guess we don't know.
It is ruining the board like.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:05 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Don't think the postings have helped, from a personal point of view I look at the forum see a number of threads from DFC which I have read on twitter and I just stop looking at the forum.

I don't have a problem with the DFC News flashes...I simply ignore if I am not interested or click the "read more" link if I am interested.
I would much rather see the DFC News than the panicky weather reports on Mondays and Tuesdays...

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:23 am

My opinion wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

I don't have a problem with the DFC News flashes...I simply ignore if I am not interested or click the "read more" link if I am interested.
I would much rather see the DFC News than the panicky weather reports on Mondays and Tuesdays...
Me too, but have you seen the forum recently? The main board is almost entirely posts by DFC Official News.

The odd post every now and again would be fine (which is how it was when Charlie did it by hand) but this is silly.

It's like an infestation.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:14 pm

I hate to come on here and criticise, but these automated posts are killing the golden goose!

Mikky's plan isn't working, and why Scott doesn't take action seems a mystery to me.

The solution is simple though - it is (as Darlo on the up alludes to ) to go back to when Charlie put the odd post up by hand.
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!