Alan White - the future

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Alan White - the future

Post by divas » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Reading between the lines it seems like Alan was read the riot act at training last night and judging by his comments on Twitter his future may be in jeopardy.

It would be such a shame to lose someone with Alan's experience, passion and talent, but on the other hand I can see where Gray is coming from - at any club you need to treat players equally and set boundaries and he certainly overstepped the mark at the weekend. What kind of an example does that set to others if he isn't treated the same as someone like for instance Liam Hatch?

We've no idea yet on length of ban but I hope he's given a last chance once it's completed as he's proved in the last few games that he's needed at the back (when he has his head on).

Since dropping out of the league I think he's shown the officials a lack of respect which he needs to rectify, even if he doesn't agree with them.

Robbie Painter

Re: Alan White - the future

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Martin Gray is a pragmatist. Like you say he is still a vital member of the squad. I'm sure he'll be back in contention once he has completed his ban.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Do as I say not as I do.....MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm

I'd like to think that White can still have a big part to play, in the remainder of this season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Do as I say not as I do.....MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has Gray ever pushed an official?

As much as I like White, he stepped a long way over the line on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't spell the end of him here - he's still a very effective player, in addition to being a cult hero, and a link to our heady days of pro football. With what he has written on twitter, its clear that White knows that he was in the wrong. Hopefully he can curb the excessive side of his behaviour - I'm sure nobody wants him to curb his passion and clear pride at playing for the club, but there are times when he needs to tone it back a little.

I'll be disappointed if he isn't given a second chance.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Could I suggest a little look at the club's youtube channel.... :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5XQaXLeZXc

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Common sense prevails.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Perhaps the public admonishment will also encourage the authorities to be slightly more lenient with their punishment...

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:36 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Do as I say not as I do.....MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat ont shitter
It would be my guess that the final warning has come from higher up than MG

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:32 am

And to be fair to Gray, he's curbed his touchline antics a lot recently. I think I can only recall Salford (A) last season the last time he was sent off, and that was the only time that season. Compared to 13/14 when he was sent off 4/5 times.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 am

4 game ban & final warning from MG

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:45 am

Only problem now is players will try to wind him up even more

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:06 am

darlo reborn wrote:Only problem now is players will try to wind him up even more
I don't think it is players that wind him up.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am

lo36789 wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:Only problem now is players will try to wind him up even more
I don't think it is players that wind him up.
No, clearly not. His problem is a lack of respect for officials at this level. Although he was sent off plenty of times in previous spells it was usually for foul play rather than dissent. White has gone on record to say that refs at this level can't take the swearing and criticism that they used to in his football league days. I'm not sure whether that's a non league thing or just a sea change in refereeing in general, but he really needs to learn to respect the officials, even if he doesn't agree with them or his career will be over pretty sharpish

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:00 am

I am pleased with this response from the Club, and MG's clear statement that enough is enough. Quite simply it is over to Whitey now it is really in his hands.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:06 am

I was thinking last night, what would be the chances of dialling B for Brown to cover a couple of games while White/Hunter are suspended?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

divas wrote:His problem is a lack of respect for officials at this level. Although he was sent off plenty of times in previous spells it was usually for foul play rather than dissent. White has gone on record to say that refs at this level can't take the swearing and criticism that they used to in his football league days.
I think it can be more noticeable at this level. Noise travels further.

A referee will look after his own back, and if there is a 38 year old that from the stands (where the assessor is) looks like he is influencing your decision making you need to get rid of him basically.

I have seen him following referees around the pitch, constantly going on. I don't remember that in his football league days he generally stayed in his position and perhaps said things when the referee was closer.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:40 pm

I think it'll be very hard for White to not react if he is provoked. When the red mist descends, he'll get into trouble.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:11 pm

This Alan White situation brings to mind my favourite Steppenwolf song "The Pusher" - great song :D
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:This Alan White situation brings to mind my favourite Steppenwolf song "The Pusher" - great song :D

God Damn! :roll:

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 pm

What can I say about White that I've not said before? He is a liability because he is an idiot. Why do people make excuses for this moron? Time, time and time again he will let us down. He sets a bad example to our younger players and fans. I've seen the likes of Mitchell getting involved with officials and opposing fans following White's lead. Compare his behaviour to the professionalism of Leon Scott who gets panned on this forum. He's only still with us because of defence is not up to the level of our other departments; the majority of our midfielders and forwards would walk into any of the top sides in this league, our defensive personnel would not. Before people come out with the old argument that he's not going to change his ways at 38, well flip it this way like; he's 38 for christ's sake, he needs to act like a man not a pubescent school boy. Grow up White.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Quaker Mod wrote:What can I say about White that I've not said before? He is a liability because he is an idiot. Why do people make excuses for this moron? Time, time and time again he will let us down. He sets a bad example to our younger players and fans. I've seen the likes of Mitchell getting involved with officials and opposing fans following White's lead. Compare his behaviour to the professionalism of Leon Scott who gets panned on this forum. He's only still with us because of defence is not up to the level of our other departments; the majority of our midfielders and forwards would walk into any of the top sides in this league, our defensive personnel would not. Before people come out with the old argument that he's not going to change his ways at 38, well flip it this way like; he's 38 for christ's sake, he needs to act like a man not a pubescent school boy. Grow up White.
You're doing an absolute disservice to a player who has almost played 200 games for us.

White has been sent off three times for us over the past 3 seasons (and one of those was not down to his aggressive side). Yes what he did last Saturday was inexcusable, you can't condone it, but Alan has been an excellent servant to the club and is currently our best centre half.

To say he is a liability is very harsh.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Liability, idiot, moron, sets a bad example.

Words that much better describe you QuakerMod than Alan White.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:34 pm

I know in the past I have not been Whitey's biggest fan, but QuakerMod those words you use are OTT. Whitey has been a great servant for the club and he should be cherished not abused.

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Liability, idiot, moron, sets a bad example.

Words that much better describe you QuakerMod than Alan White.

We still on for that drink tomorrow night Rob?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Whitey will be in the bar after the game next week Quakermod,would love it if you shed your cloak of annonimity on here and told him he is a moron to his face.Dont think it will happen somehow.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:34 am

Hi Alan. :lol:

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 am

TDS wrote:Hi Alan. :lol:
Cue "The Eye of the Tiger" :lol:

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:32 am

Emdubya wrote:Whitey will be in the bar after the game next week Quakermod,would love it if you shed your cloak of annonimity on here and told him he is a moron to his face.Dont think it will happen somehow.
Why, what do you expect him to do Emdubya?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 am

Pat your bum in a manly fashion.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!