B&B

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

B&B

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Reckon another young keeper may come in for the bench

Feethams 1966

Re: B&B

Post by Feethams 1966 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Agree with above. Won't miss Brobell. Never liked his hair style.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:55 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Youhill has looked match fit, maybe that is all those players were there for was filling in whilst he was out of it. We now effectively have our first XI available.

GK - Jameson
DR - Hunter (CB)
DC - White (ST)
DC - Burgess
DL - Watson (LM)
MR - Mitchell (RB/CM/LM)
MC - Portas
MC - Turnbull
ML - Thompson (RM/ST)
ST - Cartman
ST - Armstrong

We also have the following available to provide flexibility, I am not convinced a new striker will come to sit on the bench...

Scott - LB/MC
Gibbons - RB/MC
Youhill - RM/LM

If worst comes to worse we can play that Corbyn Mitchell upfront. He might only be 12 years old but 11 goals in 3 games...they always say that the goal is the same size - except in this circumstance it isn't he is scoring in a much smaller goal...
Either Youhill or Galbraith should be in the 1st choice XI, especially when there are crosses and free kicks to be delivered accurately. Plan A may be for Watson & Mitchell to rotate with them, but this would be modified in game time to deal with potential and real injuries & suspensions. (e.g. Thommo being hacked repeatedly)

Some temporary attacking support is needed, at least while Dowson is out. I have some doubts about Nowakowski up front as he seemed to be too slow and off balance before his injury at Harrogate Railway.
I thought Thommo was a striker when he first arrived here? He could play up front surely?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:16 am

Thompson is not hacked repeatedly either...Neil would just prefer it if football was non-contact.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:30 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Youhill has looked match fit, maybe that is all those players were there for was filling in whilst he was out of it. We now effectively have our first XI available.

GK - Jameson
DR - Hunter (CB)
DC - White (ST)
DC - Burgess
DL - Watson (LM)
MR - Mitchell (RB/CM/LM)
MC - Portas
MC - Turnbull
ML - Thompson (RM/ST)
ST - Cartman
ST - Armstrong

We also have the following available to provide flexibility, I am not convinced a new striker will come to sit on the bench...

Scott - LB/MC
Gibbons - RB/MC
Youhill - RM/LM

If worst comes to worse we can play that Corbyn Mitchell upfront. He might only be 12 years old but 11 goals in 3 games...they always say that the goal is the same size - except in this circumstance it isn't he is scoring in a much smaller goal...
Either Youhill or Galbraith should be in the 1st choice XI, especially when there are crosses and free kicks to be delivered accurately. Plan A may be for Watson & Mitchell to rotate with them, but this would be modified in game time to deal with potential and real injuries & suspensions. (e.g. Thommo being hacked repeatedly)

Some temporary attacking support is needed, at least while Dowson is out. I have some doubts about Nowakowski up front as he seemed to be too slow and off balance before his injury at Harrogate Railway.
How on earth do you deal with "a potential injury" if it hasn't actually happened?

I may potentially injure my forehead by repeatedly headbutting the keyboard in exasperation at your nonsensical posts.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:24 am

[quote="lo36789"]Youhill has looked match fit, maybe that is all those players were there for was filling in whilst he was out of it. We now effectively have our first XI available.

I think Youhill still neeeds a good bit of game-time - he was blowing after about 20 mins on Saturday and i was surprised he lasted as long as he did. he kept at it but i wonder if his fitness might let him down in the last quarter against a stronger outfit than Rammy?

Unless he's just one of those that always looks knackered!....

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Think he has a touch of the Chris Waddle about him.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:39 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think he has a touch of the Chris Waddle about him.
You mean he can't pronounce "Penalty" either? :roll:

divas

Post by divas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 am

Brobbel has turned up at Whitby

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:21 pm

divas wrote:Brobbel has turned up at Whitby
Was he invited?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:01 am

divas wrote:Brobbel has turned up at Whitby
Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us when we play them.