Gray refuses to speak to media, again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Gray refuses to speak to media, again

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:34 pm

I've just seen that Martin Gray hasn't spoken to Stod or Ray Simpson following the match for the second game in a row.

I sincerely hope there's a good reason for this, because it just looks as if he's a bad loser.

Yes you can be angry at a defeat, but not speaking to the press for no reason looks childish and unprofessional.

Like I say, there could be a personal issue, but if there isn't, then it's bad form and incredibly poor leadership.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Gray refuses to speak to media, again

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Agreed.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Didn't do pre match media or programme notes either. Totally unacceptable unless like you say there is a genuine personal reason for not doing it.

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:26 pm

I would suggest that Gray has his reasons for this and has my full backing.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 pm

He probably is making sure he doesn't say anything he'll regret later, as he is very passionate about Darlo.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:16 am

Could Atkinson or another of the coaching staff not have spoken to the press instead?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:27 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:Could Atkinson or another of the coaching staff not have spoken to the press instead?
Think BA did

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:58 am

I hope it's cause he knows he's dropped an absolute bollock by not learning a single thing from last week's defeat.

Actions speak louder than words for me, he has to change things for Monday and get a positive reaction.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:05 am

divas wrote:I hope it's cause he knows he's dropped an absolute bollock by not learning a single thing from last week's defeat.

Actions speak louder than words for me, he has to change things for Monday and get a positive reaction.
That for me is the most disappointing thing, we had 90 mins to observe them, full video of the match to look through and change things, then we send out the same squad nearly and similar tactics which didn't work again.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 am

Yup, I can take defeat, it happens, but when you've played the team a week earlier, been done over and done nothing to counter that it really irks me. I couldn't make yesterday but again it sounded like it was again 2 on 2 at the back numerous times and getting caught in possession in dangerous areas.

I thought the "hoofball" thread on here was quite ironic given over the last 2/3 games we've been caught in possession far too much trying to play a tight ball in our own half rather than playing in the opponents half as we've done in the past. The reason for that IMO is the lack of someone to win the ball up top and hold it up as Armstrong does when in full flow, White just doesn't offer that.

Someone mentioned last week that it was the worst performance since Kendal away - for me the performance last week, and by the sounds of yesterday were very much like Kendal - outpaced constantly up front, too many people pushing forward, full backs all over the place and too many individual errors.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:47 am

We were actually much better than last week. We gifted Hyde their goals but in terms of total chances for Hyde it was much less than last week.

Individual errors cost us, terrible kick by Jameson when he had time to take a touch for the 1st and Portas for the third.

Overall we were more organised, better team shape, more threat going forward and better in possession.

The main problem for me was in the last 20 mins we looked knackered, especially Portas (hence his terrible pass), and this caused us to lose team shape and allow Hyde back into the game.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:59 am

Heartened to hear it wasn't quite as bad as the horror show the week previous. Not sure if Portas is 100% fit at the moment since the knock he had a couple of weeks ago. Can't think why any of the others should be particularly knackered

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:55 am

Darlington played the better football,however individual mistakes cost,and they made us pay,simple as,no excuses basically beat ourselves ,it's how we overcome
These errors that will make our season,I believe in martin gray he will as he's done before get things put right.keep the faith we are still second all top teams getting beat so we are not alone.it's a difficult and different league and we are doing well I would have taken where we are as a sign how far we have come in a short time.
It will be sorted no doubt about that at all.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 am

To be pushing for top place is great, but the individual & tactical errors need attention, rather than just expecting 5% more with the same combo.

Yet another season is underway with a lack of a sufficiently defensively minded RB.

If we really must play 2 wing backs then why not play 3 centre backs. (Galbraith, Scott & White available)

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:51 pm

:eh: ^ definitely smokes
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:26 pm

If we can go to Ilkeston tomorrow and win then everything will be back to normal. 3 tough away games upcoming now.
Last edited by AndyPark on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:09 pm

We can definitely go to Ilkeston Andy -so that will be fine :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Edited. Ooops.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:48 am

............Gray refuses to speak to media, again

or not as the case may be. All that happened after the last two home games was that someone shouted Martin.....Hyde so he did. He obviously responded better to the shout after last night's game of Martin.....I'll Kill Stone.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Well he's obviously found his voice and is speaking again after last night's result.