Man of the match

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Man of the match

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Well as far as I know one wasn't announced, well there's a surprise. The crowd wasn't announced either.

Bogratsteve

Re: Man of the match

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Guess at 700 tops tbh, MOM was Mitchell for me

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:42 pm

I'd go for Bell, did nothing wrong when he came on and did a great cross near the end. I reckon high 800's.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:46 pm

902 apparently

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Nobody could tell me the attendance and no sponsors so given the result I thought there was no point in a motm.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Defo Mitch for me shame he is playing out of position, but he is class

Sat ont shitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Wonder when Gibbons will be back, as don't want to leave Mitchell at left back for long?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Wonder when Gibbons will be back, as don't want to leave Mitchell at left back for long?
He has been playing at Right Back.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Thompson for me but there wasn't much competition, I thought Mitch got found out at right back today, defensively he was very poor

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Well as far as I know one wasn't announced, well there's a surprise. The crowd wasn't announced either.
Either you are a bloke who simply struggles to ask a question straight - if this was genuinely a thread asking who was man of he match. If not, you really are the strangest bloke who raises issue over absolutely nothing.

Have you ever written in to points of view - and do they just call you on a weekly basis nowadays to save you money on stamps.

HarrytheQuaker

Man of the match

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:59 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Wonder when Gibbons will be back, as don't want to leave Mitchell at left back for long?
Pete doesn't know his left from right.lol

Sat ont shitter
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Well as far as I know one wasn't announced, well there's a surprise. The crowd wasn't announced either.
And half time results weren't given either

Sat ont shitter

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:20 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Pete knows fine well where Mitchell was playing.

In his weird world, it's funny to get something deliberately wrong and have people reply to it.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:34 pm

It's interesting to see a few thought Mitchell was MOM as some people on twitter were wanting Gibbons back to replace him as they thought he was defensively poor

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Mitchell looked decent when bringing the ball forward but totally abject defensively, his lack of height and physicality works against him from a defensive perspective.

We looked massively exposed each time he went forward and got caught up the pitch although I'm assuming that was his instruction from MG.

Defensively we need to be much more solid. Gibbons hasn't been a patch on Brown but he's been more solid than Mitchell. I'd sooner rather have a defender playing at RB tho

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm

D_F_C wrote:It's interesting to see a few thought Mitchell was MOM as some people on twitter were wanting Gibbons back to replace him as they thought he was defensively poor
People I know don't rate Gibbons so who's right??? The game is about opinions ain't it........

Sat ont shitter

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Gibbons is better defensively than Mitchell. He's still not a natural RB though, and it's the main area we need to strengthen in.

Mitchell was very poor defensively yesterday, although did OK going forwards.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:34 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
D_F_C wrote:It's interesting to see a few thought Mitchell was MOM as some people on twitter were wanting Gibbons back to replace him as they thought he was defensively poor
People I know don't rate Gibbons so who's right??? The game is about opinions ain't it........

Sat ont shitter
Absolutely.

One thing I do know about darlo fans is, is that they are never happy

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Gibbons has been made the scapegoat by a lot of people because of the so called right back situation, there not going to be happy unless someone is signed who is principally a right back and can play no other position but right back
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:36 pm

We don't want to play "hoofball" but then argue about Gibbons and Mitchell not being good enough defensively. Seems strange to me. Both add a great deal going forward linking up with Portas / Turnbull + Winger. Yes neither will be Brown in the air or in the tackle but they are both good footballers. From memory theres only been a handful of occasions they've been caught out. The reason we were so bad at the back Saturday was Burgess and Hunter (two players I do rate) having very poor games for their standard.

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm not sure why people can't just have their opinions on the ability of footballers we see a lot of nowadays? Everyone has to know-nowt, or be making scapegoats etc.

Ultimately he's not looked great and that's not because he's not Gary Brown, or I need somebody to blame, he's just not been comfortable for me. I'd like improvement if he's going to become a regular.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Gibbons has the makings to be a decent RB, but like Mitchell he should learn to be more present when needed in defence. Pity there is no reserve games for them to improve in this position.

It appeared on the highlights that our captain Burgess was wandering about and not organising his defensive line to counter Hyde's high quality & pacey counter-attacking.

He didn't look guilty of making contact when conceding the penalty, from the camera view.

Darlo should be able to sort themselves out & be more cautious, for the league match on Saturday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:22 am

Burgess had a bit of a mare against Hyde, hopefully we'll be able to put things right this Saturday.