Halesowen Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bertbanger
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Halesowen Match Thread

Post by bertbanger » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:02 pm

good result

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Ginge01 wrote:Salford must be good!!! Holding on to 1-0 away with 9 men
2 straight reds for Garry Stopforth and Scott Burton, wonder when they will kick in, mind you they will just buy another couple of players :lol:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Today was a job well done.

We didn't play particularly well, despite the score line, but neither did we need to as Halesowen were dire and we were comfortable throughout.

We took the lead early, dominated at set pieces and kept it safe and kept our energy levels high for Tuesday evening.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Another good win. Being in 2nd place with 5 wins from 7 is a great start, better than I thought we would do at the start of the season.

The game against Ramsbottom looks winnable too.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:11 am

it would be nice to get one over them thugs and keep them bottom

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:29 am

bertbanger wrote:it would be nice to get one over them thugs and keep them bottom
When England play Norway do you still get irate about Viking invasions?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:20 am

Did not play particularly well but won 3-0, pitch was not good. Cartman when put through in a good position was about to shoot, the ball bobbled he had to let it run on and was closed down. Their goalkeeper very poor and was responsible for two of our goals.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:01 am

bertbanger wrote:it would be nice to get one over them thugs and keep them bottom
Not the same Ramsbottom team or management, so revenge isn't appropriate, so Darlo should just concentrate on improved defending and reaping another 3 points.

With Ramsbottom not improving from last season some Darlo players may be rested / hidden ahead of the FA Cup game with Hyde, as its obviously best to reach the next round at first attempt i.e. without a cup replay.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 am

Neil Johnson wrote: some Darlo players may be rested / hidden ahead of the FA Cup game with Hyde, as its obviously best to reach the next round at first attempt i.e. without a cup replay.
I reckon we could squeeze Tom Portas and Ian Watson down the back of the sofa

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 am

Neil Johnson wrote:With Ramsbottom not improving from last season some Darlo players may be rested / hidden ahead of the FA Cup game with Hyde, as its obviously best to reach the next round at first attempt i.e. without a cup replay.
You talk some s***! We need to play our best team for every game.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:47 am

AndyPark wrote:We need to play our best team for every game.
Not quite, we need to play a team who can win every game.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:07 am

Resting players because of a perceived easy game against Ramsbottom is a sure way to lose. Need to play the best team from players available on Tuesday. Then worry about Saturday's cup match.
With Salford home to Blyth also on Tuesday we could go top.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:24 am

banktopp wrote:Resting players because of a perceived easy game against Ramsbottom is a sure way to lose. Need to play the best team from players available on Tuesday. Then worry about Saturday's cup match.
With Salford home to Blyth also on Tuesday we could go top.
I agree, we can't afford to take any opposition lightly. If players are fit then they should be picked.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:59 am

Only when and if you are winning the game comfortably can you consider resting people

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:34 pm

We'll see what team is selected.

YeltzRob
Team Supported: Halesowen Town

Post by YeltzRob » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:28 pm

0-3 and I don't think your lads had to get out of second gear. We're very much a team in transition and we need to do a lot better at the basics. Thought your fans were great that traveled to Halesowen and we hope you enjoyed the visit as well as the result!
Thanks to those fans that donated to our goalkeepers fund for new teeth! Shame the FA can't look after the players a little better.
I look visit to our visit there later in the season.

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:56 pm

YeltzRob wrote:0-3 and I don't think your lads had to get out of second gear. We're very much a team in transition and we need to do a lot better at the basics. Thought your fans were great that traveled to Halesowen and we hope you enjoyed the visit as well as the result!
Thanks to those fans that donated to our goalkeepers fund for new teeth! Shame the FA can't look after the players a little better.
Nice little ground, nice set-up and friendly people. I had a good chat with some of your fans too so I heard all about the way your side has been "strengthened" :shock:

It was also nice to see so many people there taking advantage of the offer for season ticket holders of the local clubs that weren't playing. I hope that the performance doesn't put them off coming back and supporting you in the future.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 pm

YeltzRob wrote:0-3 and I don't think your lads had to get out of second gear. We're very much a team in transition and we need to do a lot better at the basics. Thought your fans were great that traveled to Halesowen and we hope you enjoyed the visit as well as the result!
Nice little ground, nice set-up and friendly people. I had a good chat with some of your fans too so I heard all about the way your side has been "strengthened" :shock:

It was also nice to see so many people there taking advantage of the offer for season ticket holders of the local clubs that weren't playing. I hope that the performance doesn't put them off coming back and supporting you in the future.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Agreed.

Gray is prudently utilising that depth of the squad to keep players as fresh as possible; we could easily end up playing 50+ games this season. One of the (very pleasant and good craic) Halesowen supporters told me he has attended all 56 games last season...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Beano wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Agreed.

Gray is prudently utilising that depth of the squad to keep players as fresh as possible; we could easily end up playing 50+ games this season. One of the (very pleasant and good craic) Halesowen supporters told me he has attended all 56 games last season...
That's true loyalty at our level of football, especially if your side isn't amongst the front runners.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:36 pm

I once did nearly 6 years without missing a game back in the 90's......watching aylesbury united

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:27 pm

The nearest I got to watching Darlo for a full season, was in our Conference season just over 20 years ago. I missed 2 consecutive games due to a ski-ing holiday, that was booked well before the season started.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:59 am

You've been going downhill ever since.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:26 am

I think me and Geordie Quaker both managed 100 games on the spin a good few years ago. Back when we were students I think so its a good few years ago now....

Last season, without really planning it, I managed 47 :-/

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 am

Don't have this chip on my shoulder some seem to have as regards Ramsbottom. In three games against us, they were easily the better team. Their management team at the time outwitted ours, we let them get under our skin, and in the play off match, our behaviour was far from exemplary. Be more interesting to see if we've finally learnt our lessons when we face Salford.

Let's not build tomorrow up into more than it is - another chance to gain three points against a struggling team.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Don't have this chip on my shoulder some seem to have as regards Ramsbottom. In three games against us, they were easily the better team. Their management team at the time outwitted ours, we let them get under our skin, and in the play off match, our behaviour was far from exemplary. Be more interesting to see if we've finally learnt our lessons when we face Salford.

Let's not build tomorrow up into more than it is - another chance to gain three points against a struggling team.
Absolutely spot on. I don't seem any real rivalry with them. Do we hold a rivalry with every team that deservedly beat us in the last few years. It just sounds bitter

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am

I should take your advice and also take on board what happened to my uncle, a wizard turned him into a lemon, but he wasn't bitter