Anybody know who I need to contact within the club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

stimmo4
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by stimmo4 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi sorry to bother you all,

I run a junior football team and I was wondering if anyone knew who I need to contact to try get my players to be guard of honour, or walk out with the team and do penalties at half time etc. I'm looking to give the kids a fantastic opportunity and I thought what better than to show off the team I love to the kids

Cheers

AndyPark

Re: Anybody know who I need to contact within the club

Post by AndyPark » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 pm

I'd say email Dave Mills or Anth McMaster.

Details should be on the official site mate :thumbup:

stimmo4

Post by stimmo4 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Cheers pal, can't seem to find any contact details on the official site, (too be honest I wouldn't put my email address on the site as you'd get any tom dick or harry emailing you) only a commercial email which I have sent two emails to already.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Will message you

stimmo4

Post by stimmo4 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Cheers

Mrs Money_Penny

Post by Mrs Money_Penny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

The contact details are available via the official website by opening the 'about 'window on the top bar although it seems a lot of people have problems finding how to locate where they appear (me until yesterday) I am old school but even M&S has a 'help' window to open rather than contact details appearing on the home page. Is there any way to make it easier/clearer for contact details to be found?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:12 am

Mrs Money_Penny wrote:The contact details are available via the official website by opening the 'about 'window on the top bar although it seems a lot of people have problems finding how to locate where they appear (me until yesterday) I am old school but even M&S has a 'help' window to open rather than contact details appearing on the home page. Is there any way to make it easier/clearer for contact details to be found?
I agree with you, though I also think it needs to be much easier for fans to send a message to the "club" as a whole, meaning a one-stop contact point for people who don't know whether they should be contacting the FC or the Supporters Group.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:53 am

stimmo4 wrote:Hi sorry to bother you all,

I run a junior football team and I was wondering if anyone knew who I need to contact to try get my players to be guard of honour, or walk out with the team and do penalties at half time etc. I'm looking to give the kids a fantastic opportunity and I thought what better than to show off the team I love to the kids

Cheers
It just so happens that there is an article in the Blyth match programme about this. The contact is Andrew Alton at schools@dfc1883.co.UK or 07837 816646

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:29 am

I have read this week of plans by Bayern Munich to have two sets of mascots walk out with the team, with each player holding the hands of a German child and that of an asylum seeker to show their support for the current global crisis.

Is this something that our club could do? I know it's on a much smaller scale but the meaning would be just as great and would also get the club some good media coverage. My mother works at a doctors specifically set up for asylum seekers which is in Stockton, I'm sure they'd be happy to help organise this.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Has anyone ever told you what a lovely guy you are, davidcorks 40yard OG?