Brown not going for a song.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Brown not going for a song.

Post by princes town » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 am

http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/13 ... m=facebook

How much do they want like. Not sure at this level you can be too chewy.

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brown not going for a song.

Post by onewayup » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 am

Garry brown is a top player at this level,martin gray knows his true value,anyone wishing to take Garry brown,should be prepared to pay the true value for his services,you get a ready made comfortable accomplished captain all round
committed player,and very good honest hard working team player.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 pm

His true value is what someone is prepared to pay, which I fear won't be very much.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Do a deal against the rent and get him to Bishops for crying out loud!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:37 pm

LLB wrote:Do a deal against the rent and get him to Bishops for crying out loud!
Good thinking :clap:

You getting him mixed up with Hatchy, Pete?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was surprised to read this in the Echo this morning, I thought a deal had already been done Sunderland RCA. It's good to hear that Brown may stay with us for some time. The only issue would be continuity, if he plays home games and localish away games.
Hatch went to Sunderland RCA, not Brown.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:45 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I was surprised to read this in the Echo this morning, I thought a deal had already been done Sunderland RCA. It's good to hear that Brown may stay with us for some time. The only issue would be continuity, if he plays home games and localish away games.
Hatch went to Sunderland RCA, not Brown.
Yes of course my mistake. Sorry.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm in full agreement with Gray here, and the reason being is he knows what type of fees he's been quoted to take players from the clubs interested in the past.

Why would he now turn round to those same clubs that priced their players out of a move and give them someone at a cut price fee? Yes Brown wants to leave, but I'm sure there's been a few players under contract that would have liked to move to Darlo too.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm

divas wrote:I'm in full agreement with Gray here, and the reason being is he knows what type of fees he's been quoted to take players from the clubs interested in the past.

Why would he now turn round to those same clubs that priced their players out of a move and give them someone at a cut price fee? Yes Brown wants to leave, but I'm sure there's been a few players under contract that would have liked to move to Darlo too.

Agree 100% with this.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 pm

divas wrote:I'm in full agreement with Gray here, and the reason being is he knows what type of fees he's been quoted to take players from the clubs interested in the past.

Good point, and how long before we're being slagged off on NBZ for being greedy, and arrogant, and just who do we think we are? And not forgetting that we'll be ruining the players life by asking for an unrealistic fee...

Yet nothing was ever said when Spenny asked for transfer fees for their players, nothing was said when the likes of West wanted big money for players like Moffat - then it was clubs protecting their interests.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:44 pm

On the note of player requesting transfers. I saw Andrew Stephenson has requested a transfer from spenny due to work arrangements. Big loss for them, especially with Roberts leaving too. Thought they were both stand out in the playoffs