Harrogate RA v Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Harrogate RA v Darlington FC

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Looking at our line-ups today, the team that started the second half is the team I'd expect to see us line-up with against Buxton, with obviously the possibility of RB changing and Armstrong coming in.

Staunch had a good half against Durham, and it sounded like he had another good one today.

Our forwards are an interesting one. Purewal is probably not going to be back until September/October but Armstrong is now back in full-training and I expect him to be involved from the Whitby friendly onwards all being well. However, we have seen what happens when injuries hit (Dowson & Purewal were out for significant periods last season) and Gray is evidently looking to strengthen our forwards based on recent trialists. Kneeshaw looks quite likely to sign for Gateshead judging from Crosby's interview.

Dan Maguire is rumoured to be struggling with the commute to Halifax after joining them from Blyth in May. He's not been involved in training and pre-season friendlies from what I've read. I think that Gray will be monitoring it. Question marks over finance but we are set to receive fees for Hatch & Brown.
Yes this article confirms that about Dan Maguire, I only wish.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-7369340
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Id expect Terry Galbraith to start at left back in the new season, that'll sort penalties out, misses the odd one but overall is very good from the spot
Cartman was Harrogate's regular taker, don't think he missed many for them.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:35 am

poppyfield wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote: Dan Maguire is rumoured to be struggling with the commute to Halifax after joining them from Blyth in May. He's not been involved in training and pre-season friendlies from what I've read. I think that Gray will be monitoring it. Question marks over finance but we are set to receive fees for Hatch & Brown.
Yes this article confirms that about Dan Maguire, I only wish.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-7369340
Reading that article, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him end up here, finances permitting. Would certainly be a good signing.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 am

Maguire sounds like a similar player to Dowson, but a much more clinical finisher. If he became available you'd have to think Gray would be interested, but I guess it all comes down to finance.

With Gateshead having recently signed Johnson & Bowman as well as having Shaw already there and looking increasingly likely to sign Kneeshaw, at least temporarily to cover Marwood's injury it's unlikely they'd be an option.

Which leaves possibly Harrogate Town, Whitby/Spennymoor and us if he does want to return to the area.

No follow from Brian Atkinson yet tho....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 am

I take it that Cartman got a good reception from the RA fans?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I take it that Cartman got a good reception from the RA fans?
Not sure there weren't that many of them...

Sat ont shitter

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I take it that Cartman got a good reception from the RA fans?
It seemed to be very positive.

Should also have mentioned that Cartman was very sharp the whole game.

I was a bit sceptical initallly about the Turnbull/portas combination because of their similar style of play. However, its pretty clear that Portas can do more than a holding role. His goal was superb. I'm convinced we can see a lot of goals from Portas this season. It also looks like Martin Gray is trying Mitchell out in a new role. More of a free advanced midfield role.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Very pleased with the performance.

Cartman was very well received by the 200+ home supporters and had two in the net early doors, but both offside.

2 howlers from the Darlo keeper and 2 Cartman goals prior to half time. Dowson and Cartman linked up well once they were in possession.

The second half Darlo line up operated with a lot more pace and passing accuracy, rather than the first half tendency to loft long balls into the home half.

Shots were more convincing in the second half, but Nowakoski (?) looked well out of position up front. Harrogate RA were pacy and attacked in numbers testing our changing defence and bring out some good personal, rather than teamwork defending.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Cartman was very well received by the 200+ home supporters and had two in the net early doors, but both offside.
They don't have 200 home fans. You sure you was there?