Online home and away programme subscriptions

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

charlie

Online home and away programme subscriptions

Post by charlie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Programme subscriptions for all the home league games for next season £75 including p&p are now available from the online shop. Also away programme subscriptions for league games is £70 including p&p. Available for a limited time only so don't miss out.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Online home and away programme subscriptions

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 pm

The home programmes wouldn't happen to be readable online or downloadable, would they?

I suspect not looking at the product descriptions here:

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/shop/

An online addition something like this would be nice - you can put links and video etc. in them, here's an example of a page with video...

http://go.epublish4me.com/ebook/ebook?id=10018703#/16

There'd probably rival services out there but it's something which could be developed to help boost ad revenue if the reader could just click through to a website in an advert. It could have clips from our YouTube Channel in there too - and clickable links to stuff like sale items in the club shop.

They seem easy enough to produce as well - you just upload the pages as PDFs for the basic edition, though the one where you can add likes and sound/video files is a paid "Pro" version and needs to be tinkered with once you upload it, to add all the bells & whistles.

Something to think about for the future?

Whispering Assassin
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Whispering Assassin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 am

Anyone know what the hurry is with this and what to do if the shipping address isn't recognised?
You only choose once so choose wisely..................

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 am

Whispering Assassin wrote:Anyone know what the hurry is with this and what to do if the shipping address isn't recognised?
Do you mean whether you'd receive the programme before kick off? That would be good but I have no idea - in my case I'd be looking at a several week delay so that's why I'd prefer an electronic version - even just a PDF available for subscribers to download on the morning of the game would get my money.

I'd guess the vast majority of overseas fans would cough up for a subscription like that as well.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Whispering Assassin wrote:Anyone know what the hurry is with this and what to do if the shipping address isn't recognised?
Do you mean whether you'd receive the programme before kick off? That would be good but I have no idea - in my case I'd be looking at a several week delay so that's why I'd prefer an electronic version - even just a PDF available for subscribers to download on the morning of the game would get my money.

I'd guess the vast majority of overseas fans would cough up for a subscription like that as well.
Im subscribing,if you want me to scan when I get each one and send onto you (if the club dont mind)I will do it for you Mr Tibbs.If you think its going to take a long time to get to Tbilisi through the post think about how long if you were in Colchester? ;)

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:24 am

A quick plug for this.........
Having been in contact with Lynn at the club who's now sorted out the shipping details issue with this;it is now so easy to get a subscription by using paypal or card details.
If you collect programmes it is the way to go. Most clubs don't print enough or sell out early if Darlo roll into town.
Having been a subscriber for seventeen years this is the best way to guarantee getting one after each game. They usually come within three days of the game being played.
I'd just like to thank the fantastic people who help run this club for keeping people like me who don't live near involved.
You only choose once so choose wisely..................

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:55 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:

Mr Tibbs, leave it with me and I'll have a word with Ray when he's back off his holidays. I'm sure we can get a decent quality pdf done and uploaded somewhere for you to download to save waiting so long.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:07 am

TFDM wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

Mr Tibbs, leave it with me and I'll have a word with Ray when he's back off his holidays. I'm sure we can get a decent quality pdf done and uploaded somewhere for you to download to save waiting so long.
Great, thanks :thumbup:

£75 x at least a couple of dozen exiles = another couple of grand or so in the coffers?

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:11 am

Yeah it sounds like a plan mate. Leave it with us and we'll see what we can do :-)

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:27 am

Sent an email to Ray and Dave Mills to see if we can do something we can do. Thinking perhaps a dropbox folder which is password protected and then you can just have a look around the time of the game and download it. Saves clogging up emails etc. Will get back to you.