Peter Kirkham

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

oldboy
Team Supported: Darlington

Peter Kirkham

Post by oldboy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Does anyone remember debonair wing wizard who played for the Quackers in the early 90's, bumped into him at a charity tournament at the weekend, he still has silky skills and is the double of a young John Travolta

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Peter Kirkham

Post by princes town » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Nice enough player I recollect.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Played against him the season just gone in the Sunderland and District Over 40's, plays for Marden.

Played on the right but the ball was stuck to his left foot, destroyed us second half scored 2 in a 4-0 win for them. :thumbdown:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Peter was a very skillfully player I always thought he would have gone on to play at a much higher level than he did,I spoke to peter many times while he was with us ,a very nice lad,but seemed he had the skills but not the lions heart,he could do everything gazza could and more, but without the heart. For competitive game while young,

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 am

I asked why he didnt move from the left wing, so that he could participate more in games, rather than be ignored, despite his frantic arm waving.

He was following manager Murray's orders to the letter. Darlo were effectively a man down by creating un-used width.

Being on the wrong wing he seemed to always want to cut inside when taking on a full back. Needed proper coaching and passes from the "seniors"

Class prospect wasted.