Blackwell meadows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

norwich darlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Blackwell meadows

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:49 am

with the retail pulling out of Blackwell meadows is the move back to Darlo going tits up?

Ingleby

Re: Blackwell meadows

Post by Ingleby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 am

Yes or no. Perhaps. I don't know. Who knows. Your guess is as good as mine.

Already a thread on this btw but nvm.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Post by RonJeremy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:40 am

Yes, well sort of, expect a press release in the coming days.

The Quaker

Post by The Quaker » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Last edited by The Quaker on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Quaker

Post by The Quaker » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:41 pm

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 pm

The Quaker wrote:Was told the deal is dead by a lass from work whose dad is on the rugby club board. She said the rugby club where getting new owners and they don't want the football club there. Don't know how true it is just what i was told

But hasn't a deal already been agreed?

alec.g.white7

Post by alec.g.white7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Lets face it the news coming out of DFC regarding Blackwell Meadows seems to indicate that we are plugging the plug to moving to BM. First the news that the rugby club had moved the "goalposts" over certain agreements that had been made and now to take the club shop out of BM only confirms the situation.
Where to now - the Arena?
We have to get back into Darlington ASAP so we can maximise our potential hospitality income and to keep the supporters happy and increase the crowd numbers.
A move to the Arena, although with some drawbacks that we all know about might however be a good move if the finances stack up.
What next for Darlo?

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:55 pm

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

I cant do it again I just cant
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 pm

alec.g.white7 wrote:Lets face it the news coming out of DFC regarding Blackwell Meadows seems to indicate that we are plugging the plug to moving to BM. First the news that the rugby club had moved the "goalposts" over certain agreements that had been made and now to take the club shop out of BM only confirms the situation.
Where to now - the Arena?
We have to get back into Darlington ASAP so we can maximise our potential hospitality income and to keep the supporters happy and increase the crowd numbers.
A move to the Arena, although with some drawbacks that we all know about might however be a good move if the finances stack up.
What next for Darlo?
No it doesn't 'confirm the situation'.

A statement from one of the two clubs, or both, would confirm the situation, not a bit of internet speculation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Darlo will wrote:no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

It doesn't seem to bother the rugby fans much.

Nor has it bothered the many Darlo fans that have been back there to watch a rugby match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo will wrote:no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Nor has it bothered the many Darlo fans that have been back there to watch a rugby match.
I don't think Mowden would want us, nor would a sizeable number of our fans want to go back there on anything other than a short term basis.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Nor has it bothered the many Darlo fans that have been back backin thre to watch a rugby match.
I don't think Mowden would want us, nor would a sizeable number of our fans want to go back there on anything other than a short term basis.
If mowden would have us and the price is right i would go back to the arena. I think what our fans really want is to own our own ground (or the council own the ground). Gives us so much more security. But realistically having the capital to make this possible would take years to get together. Dartfords ground' princess park' circa 4250 capacity cost 7million to build and it is a simple 1000 seats and small terraces. the club needs to be back in the town and if this is the way to do it, for a while at least, then so be it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Dartford were utterly ripped off then.

FC United got their 4,400 for 6.5million and that is quite a nice looking stadium with hospitality areas in the main stand!

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Worrying that posts have been possibly moderator edited in this thread?

Especially when they contain such disappointing information.

I've never 100% bought in to the rugby club development but it was our best chance of a speedy return.

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 pm

TDS wrote:Worrying that posts have been possibly moderator edited in this thread?

I've never 100% bought in to the rugby club development but it was our best chance of a speedy return.

No posts have been edited by moderators

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:11 pm

lo36789 wrote:Dartford were utterly ripped off then.

FC United got their 4,400 for 6.5million and that is quite a nice looking stadium with hospitality areas in the main stand!
All money we don't have though, although I wouldn't say robbed, they have a nice ground although it could do with a few more seats. http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -park.html

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:27 pm

charlie wrote:
TDS wrote:Worrying that posts have been possibly moderator edited in this thread?

Oh sorry my bad. Thought it had been as both posts are empty. Waiting game for official info then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:28 pm

TDS wrote:
charlie wrote:

Oh sorry my bad. Thought it had been as both posts are empty. Waiting game for official info then!
A quick check on Companies House website shows that Darlington RFC is a company limited by guarantee ie owned by the members. So any suggestions that they have'new owners' seems to me to be a poor attempt at trolling.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 pm

I think 'new owners' has been confused with a new board/committee

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:00 am

If, and it is still only if, this deal does fall through, then will the grants that have been awarded be withdrawn? Were they awarded against a specific build etc?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 am

silence from the clowns in charge says it all , fans owned club my arse
nothing ever changes , clubs been fucked since we left Feethams
We will be playing all next season in front of sub 700 crowds at Bishop FACT

Entire set up is rotten to the core

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:54 am

Silence from the club.... apart from the statement put out last week?

And rotten to the core? Think not, the club's got some of the hardest working and dedicated people behind the scenes that its ever had. Hugely disrespectful comment.

I can't even be bothered writing any more than I here in reply to that statement.
Last edited by TFDM on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:55 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:silence from the clowns in charge says it all , fans owned club my arse

The comments on this thread suggest there are some matters that DFC and DRFC need to resolve. Are you seriously suggesting that you should receive a daily update on progress on an unofficial forum?

"Entire set up is rotten to the core" - very strong words. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 am

TFDM wrote:Silence from the club.... apart from the statement put out last week?

And rotten to the core? Think not, the club's got some of the hardest working and dedicated people behind the scenes that its ever had. Hugely disrespectful comment.

yep , i'm right and your wrong gumbo...deal with it

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:57 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:silence from the clowns in charge says it all , fans owned club my arse

The comments on this thread suggest there are some matters that DFC and DRFC need to resolve. Are you seriously suggesting that you should receive a daily update on progress on an unofficial forum?

"Entire set up is rotten to the core" - very strong words. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate.

{MOD EDIT}
Completely uncalled for load of shite. Learn to talk like an adult! Consider this a last warning...
{/MOD EDIT}

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:57 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
TFDM wrote:Silence from the club.... apart from the statement put out last week?

Off you go then. Prove it.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:01 am

TFDM wrote:

{MOD EDIT}
Completely uncalled for load of shite. Learn to talk like an adult! Consider this a last warning...
{/MOD EDIT}
Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am

Guess that response means you've decided not to substantiate the claims you've made then?

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am

Love a good rant but this is palpable nonsense.

The club released a comprehensive statement just over a week ago - perhaps you missed it or do you think we are due a further update?

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/ret ... on-update/

I was one of those that said we needed an update but now that we've got one then we should let the directors work on reaching an agreement or wait to see what other options we can explore. Its highly frustrating but if DRC don't want to work with us then there is little we can do.

The setup at the club right now is the most open & engaging since I started supporting Darlo (mid 80s). Sure not everything is perfect but then we are only 3 years in to starting again from scratch and looking back on those 3 years the progress we've made has been excellent.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 am

TFDM wrote:

{MOD EDIT}
{/MOD EDIT}
Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.