Hatch on Transfer List....again (JOINED SUNDERLAND RCA)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Hatch on Transfer List....again (JOINED SUNDERLAND RCA)

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:59 pm

As above really, from Stod's tweet.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Hatch on Transfer List....again

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:03 pm

WTF.. Can't believe this we need the hitman great asset up front and in defence

Sat ont shitter

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Gutted, I loved seeing him play for us.

Sentiments aside, we have books/playing squad to balance and if this means us bringing somebody else in or balancing the budget after the signing of Turnbull then so be it. I think, realistically, Hatch wouldn't have been here currently if we had Armstrong, Purewal, Cartman and Dowson all fully fit going in to pre-season (I think the Armstrong injury was feared to be more long-term). It seemingly surprised a few when he was kept on, including himself who was telling people he was leaving!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:50 pm

But we won't start the season with Armstrong and Purewal both fit, so don't we need the HITMAN until then?

Gutted to be honest and I struggle to see what has changed in 6 weeks other than various reinforcements in other positions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Spyman wrote:But we won't start the season with Armstrong and Purewal both fit, so don't we need the HITMAN until then?
Which makes me think of 1 of 2 things:

1) someone else is lined up
2) there's a potential disciplinary issue

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Or Hatchy wants more 1st team football?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:46 pm

AndyPark wrote:Or Hatchy wants more 1st team football?
He was getting plenty of football towards the end of last season and word was that he wasn't fit enough to manage many more minutes than he was getting.

He's in a great position to earn himself a starting spot during pre season, so would seem strange to think he'd ask to leave.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:41 am

Reckon another Striker is coming in!

princebishop

Post by princebishop » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 am

My initial reaction from reading the article is that it's not a football related decision. Suppose only time will tell, but something has changed in a short space of time. Club don't normally tout it on their website either do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:33 am

princebishop wrote:My initial reaction from reading the article is that it's not a football related decision. Suppose only time will tell, but something has changed in a short space of time. Club don't normally tout it on their website either do they?

Yeah, at this level if a player is listed they'll advertise on website/social media.

From the tone of Stod's report in today's Echo it certainly sounds as if there's been some kind of falling out

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:32 am

Hatch is a fans favorite so it would never be a popular decision to see him go. But I think maybe we have to show a little trust in Gray he's build two promotion winning squads in 3 years, im sure whatever the reason is for his turn around that it does have some basis.

Looking at the squad when all are fit, it would be hard to see him getting massive amounts of game time. Armstrong, Cartman, Dowson and Purwal are all good attacking options when we have them all fit. Added to this Nowakowski can play CF, CM or CB. Added to the fact the addition of Burgess now means we're well covered at the back. I wouldn't see him getting a massive amount of game time so may be Gray utilizing his budget in different areas.

davey247

Post by davey247 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

I have 2 theories.

MGs planned squad numbers are currently too high with either expectation of departures or the Turnbull signing coming as a bonus...

...or it could be a change of heart from Hatchy. He apparently lives down south and hops on the train every Saturday to sit on the bench. Could be that he wants something a bit more local.

MG knows Hatch can only make a limited number of games & training sessions, so I dont believe this is an issue on his part.

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 am

davey247 wrote:I have 2 theories.

MGs planned squad numbers are currently too high with either expectation of departures or the Turnbull signing coming as a bonus...

...or it could be a change of heart from Hatchy. He apparently lives down south and hops on the train every Saturday to sit on the bench. Could be that he wants something a bit more local.

MG knows Hatch can only make a limited number of games & training sessions, so I dont believe this is an issue on his part.

Wouldn't call M'Boro down south

davey247

Post by davey247 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 am

Ahhhh I was under the impression he lived Peterborough way or something hence couldn't make most week night games... My bad

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:34 am

davey247 wrote:Ahhhh I was under the impression he lived Peterborough way or something hence couldn't make most week night games... My bad
No probs , I only know because of end of season bash x

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:19 pm

charlie wrote:
davey247 wrote:Ahhhh I was under the impression he lived Peterborough way or something hence couldn't make most week night games... My bad
Did you end up back at his? :o :problem: :shh:

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:

God no lol, he took his time going home so we asked him where home was

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Spyman wrote:But we won't start the season with Armstrong and Purewal both fit, so don't we need the HITMAN until then?

Gutted to be honest and I struggle to see what has changed in 6 weeks other than various reinforcements in other positions.

Should have worded it slightly better. Point being that I don't think Hatch would have been kept on had Armstrong not suffered that injury against Bamber Bridge. Armstrong now looks likely to return at the beginning of August and we appear to be looking at other options judging by the trialists.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

Should have worded it slightly better. Point being that I don't think Hatch would have been kept on had Armstrong not suffered that injury against Bamber Bridge. Armstrong now looks likely to return at the beginning of August and we appear to be looking at other options judging by the trialists.
Maybe so. Seems a shame when we have someone so committed and who, along with White is a connection to the previous era, but if there's better out there then so be it.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Very disappointed at this news, I have a lot of time for Hatchy and the about turn on him, doesn't reflect well on the club.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Very disappointed at this news, I have a lot of time for Hatchy and the about turn on him, doesn't reflect well on the club.
I'd say it doesn't reflect well on Hatch. Clearly he's pissed Gray off in some way.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Stoddart has a habit of reporting things in a way that makes people read between the lines. The way it was put up was that Gray has told him Hatch is on the transfer list with immediate effect - "hatch has been transfer listed" wouldn't have sounded so bad and when is a player ever transfer listed and it not be with immediate effect?

It is just as likely as being work commitments as anything mentioned above. Last season if memory serves me right Hatch couldn't make mid week games, other than the play off? Is it at all possible that he has picked up work on a Saturday evening/morning which makes it unlikely he could make games?

i think it was mentioned he works with youth offenders, or something similar, I am guessing that isn't exactly 9-5!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:04 am

It's not just Craig's report though. Two other people (Kev being one) asked him the reason and were given very short thrift. You would not give that reaction if a player was simply being moved on as they were surplus to requirements or had work commitments.

I imagine Craig wrote it a certain way as there message was fed to him in a certain way/tone. The bit about this being the last time he'll be on the list was very telling.

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Journo's are now in the habit of creating news rather than reporting news.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 pm

It's fair enough from MG in my opinion, you only get so many chances
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 pm

quakersam wrote:It's fair enough from MG in my opinion, you only get so many chances
Tell us more Sam?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:27 pm

lo36789 wrote:Stoddart has a habit of reporting things in a way that makes people read between the lines. The way it was put up was that Gray has told him Hatch is on the transfer list with immediate effect - "hatch has been transfer listed" wouldn't have sounded so bad and when is a player ever transfer listed and it not be with immediate effect?

It is just as likely as being work commitments as anything mentioned above. Last season if memory serves me right Hatch couldn't make mid week games, other than the play off? Is it at all possible that he has picked up work on a Saturday evening/morning which makes it unlikely he could make games?

i think it was mentioned he works with youth offenders, or something similar, I am guessing that isn't exactly 9-5!
Ever thought that it was written so that the reader was expected to use his noggin and read between the lines?
"With immediate effect" indicates that the situation is unresolvable . You just have to compare it to how it's been reported about Brown, two totally different situations reported in different ways.

mark.adams.792

Post by mark.adams.792 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Quaker Mod wrote:Journo's are now in the habit of creating news rather than reporting news.
Im not sure how that is creating news. Either he is on the transfer list or he isn't.

I think Divas has hit the nail on the head, the echo will have picked up on the feelings from how the story was given to them.

You can't honestly expect a journalist to get a story and pick up the general vibes, then put it into an article exactly how they sense it. The end result would be they would never get another interview or news feed from the club.

It's an art to put the story out there without burning bridges.

I totally understand everyone's frustrations at the moment, personally I put it down to the lack of "from the horses mouth" info coming from the club.

Never mind the season will start soon.