Adam Mitchell

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davey247
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Mitchell

Post by davey247 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:14 am

Does anyone know whether Gillingham or any other club are continuing their interest in Mitchell?

Would obviously be a blow to the paying staff, but losing players for them to go full time would be a nod to both the progress of the club and the player since joining us.

quakersam

Re: Adam Mitchell

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 am

No, they aren't
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 am

I think his challenge is he will now by competing with the latest crop of academy players who each have one or two years on him.

They may be deemed a safer, less risky investment that Mitchell. Another year or two with us and a promotion in there and he may no longer viewed as a prospect and more as an established player - which could be beneficial.

I am sure I read that he might be back in full time education but I might be wrong?

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 pm

On the subject of Mitchell's, i see his brother David is registered for Bishops again. Do you see him also remaining on your 'books' and playing in reserves/first team if required? Same with Adam Cocks also actually?

Cocs did not feature a great deal for Bishops last season but looks to have decent potential from what i saw of him.

Mitchell played more regularly and had some decent games. Lot of development to come though obvioulsy.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Tbh i haven't seen enough of D. Mitchell to know how far he can go with us. He showed enough against New Mills in our final league games of last season that i think he has some decent attributes. I imagine ay game time in a darlo shirt would be with the reserves rather than the first team as we're quite well covered. Cocks is similar in my opinion quite a tidy player but perhaps a little bit light weight to be starting for the first team (especially looking at the players we've brought in in that position).

Allowing both to be at bishop and get more game time than they would with us in a proper standard mens league can only be benefical not only for the players but for both clubs too.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Might be wrong but it looked like Adam had bulked up a bit over the summer and appeared to be carrying more muscle, this may well be a good addition for battling on the wing and RB.

I saw David a few times last season and he seems to be progressing well.

Silversun1981

Post by Silversun1981 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:38 pm

We have a number of young players coming through, lovegreen, cocks, Mitchell, Pennal. Will be interesting to see what happens to them this season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:Might be wrong but it looked like Adam had bulked up a bit over the summer and appeared to be carrying more muscle, this may well be a good addition for battling on the wing and RB.

Hard to imagine he could've put on a huge amount of weight in just 6 weeks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Agreed Spyman, just how he looked, maybe some muscle

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Spyman wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:Might be wrong but it looked like Adam had bulked up a bit over the summer and appeared to be carrying more muscle, this may well be a good addition for battling on the wing and RB.

I dunno, I remember Tommy Wright's first pre-season with us. He turned into an absolute beast from the end of one season to the start of the next

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Isn't Cocks a left footed centre mid?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm

D_F_C wrote:

Isn't Cocks a left footed centre mid?
I was talking about Mitchell not Cocks

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Spyman wrote:

Strength and conditioning sessions that Ian Watson put on will have helped massively
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quaker Mod

Post by Quaker Mod » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Not good enough to play League football. Great at this level.