Ian Wilkinson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Ian Wilkinson

Post by divas » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:57 am

Does anyone know if Ian Wilkinson is still involved with the club? He was on the CIC board a while ago but I've not heard of him mentioned for a while?!

Vokuhila

Re: Ian Wilkinson

Post by Vokuhila » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

I know he had to step down due to work commitments quite a while ago now, but whether he's come back into the fold since then I'm not sure.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Still see him at the matches

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm

He's not on the current Supporters Group board.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Ok thanks, it's a shame, from the dealings I had with him in the early days I know he was/could have been a huge asset.

I'm genuinely worried about the club having the skills required in it's volunteer base to move certain things forward and also worried that we're overloading others we cannot afford to lose.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Not so sure.

Those involved in the ground move - if you look through the documents on the council website a number of those are volunteers who have lent their skills (mostly in engineering) to the cause.

There have been various calls to arms for support with the shop (retail expertise), matchday secretary (previously did same role at Biggleswade Town). Similarly a chartered accountant is in place following Laura's departure on the accounting side. I have seen a few other things posted as well where we have gone out for skilled resource.

I'd have previously said PR but with professionals on board now you'd hope that was taken care of.

The one area we could always do with more support is in the fundraising I think. New ideas, new energy and new inspiration are the key to that activity.