Congratulations

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

Congratulations

Post by footifan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:56 pm

To uncovered member... Comeondarlo...
His son Martin was a member of the gold medal swim team 4 x 100 mtrs at the European Games.
Off subject I know...It was fun watching Coddy in his Union Jack shirt cheering on the team was brilliant. Got as much coverage over here as the swim ;)
Martin came with us to Wembley for the Trophy win... quiet as a mouse... but by hell can the kid swim. :clap: Darlo fan too :)

comeondarlo

Re: Congratulations

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 am

That's good of you Chris, thanks.
I treat swimming supporting as I do footy. I get some strange looks sometimes with my pie and my pint! It's Martyn with a 'y' btw.

Not so quiet nowadays!
Last edited by comeondarlo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:44 am

Well done.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:34 am

You must be proud Coddy,well done Martyn.. :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 am

Congratulations COD!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 am

Well played - Spencer will be preparing his scoop as we speak!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 am

Well played - is this the competition that's been on BT Sport recently?
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 am

Fantastic stuff, Coddy. I'd been wondering how your lad was progressing.

footifan - I've been attending a conference this week which has also been attended by many Texans. They've been fantastic company. Ripped one bloke from Houston in particular for having 7 (seven) televisions. I've been quizzing them about property prices in the sticks - might retire there myself!

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Henley wrote:Fantastic stuff, Coddy. I'd been wondering how your lad was progressing.

footifan - I've been attending a conference this week which has also been attended by many Texans. They've been fantastic company. Ripped one bloke from Houston in particular for having 7 (seven) televisions. I've been quizzing them about property prices in the sticks - might retire there myself!

Coddy: Martyn daft bloody spelling LOL Sorry mate ;)

Henley... Well you will see for yourself when or if you get your & your lasses ass's over here... As for moving , you will need a lot of advice... Terms reasonable/... PM with you schedule ;) Only 7 TV's is he poor. Prices compared to the Sarf where you are compared to here ( Not Houston ) are brill in fact sell your gaff & you could buy half of Texas :crazy:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Well deserved praise. I know how much time Coddy has spent helping his son over the years. That gold medal is as much Coddy's as his sons.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 am

Thanks everyone, he's won a Gold, two Silvers and a Bronze so far.
Really proud, Azerbaijan is a cracking place btw if anyone thinks of a cheap holiday.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:38 pm

comeondarlo wrote:Thanks everyone, he's won a Gold, two Silvers and a Bronze so far.
Really proud, Azerbaijan is a cracking place btw if anyone thinks of a cheap holiday.
Amazing effort that, congrats! :clap:
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:25 pm

footifan wrote:
Henley wrote:Fantastic stuff, Coddy. I'd been wondering how your lad was progressing.

Coddy: Martyn daft bloody spelling LOL Sorry mate ;)

Henley... Well you will see for yourself when or if you get your & your lasses ass's over here... As for moving , you will need a lot of advice... Terms reasonable/... PM with you schedule ;) Only 7 TV's is he poor. Prices compared to the Sarf where you are compared to here ( Not Houston ) are brill in fact sell your gaff & you could buy half of Texas :crazy:
Footifan - the last PM you sent me was a couple of weeks back and all it included was a quote containing my previous PM to you. I thought it was strange but just assumed you sent it accidentally. Look at your sent PMs to see what I mean.

When are you next back in the UK btw? If you fly into Gatwick, you can spend some time at ours.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:27 pm

comeondarlo wrote:That's good of you Chris, thanks.
I treat swimming supporting as I do footy. I get some strange looks sometimes with my pie and my pint! It's Martyn with a 'y' btw.

Not so quiet nowadays!
I've just noticed that your lad is 187 cm tall. You were no where near 187 cm even with your helmet on!

I assume you've never gone wanting for dairy products delivered to your doorstep.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Henley wrote:

Not so quiet nowadays!
I've just noticed that your lad is 187 cm tall. You were no where near 187 cm even with your helmet on!

I assume you've never gone wanting for dairy products delivered to your doorstep.
You've met his uncle though - clear which side of the family the 'giant' genes come from!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Spyman wrote:
Henley wrote:

Not so quiet nowadays!

You've met his uncle though - clear which side of the family the 'giant' genes come from!
Stop spoiling my fun!

Anyway, you're about 187 cm tall, aren't you? :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Henley wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Henley wrote:

Not so quiet nowadays!

Stop spoiling my fun!

Anyway, you're about 187 cm tall, aren't you? Image
This is also true...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DC