Welcome Kevin Burgess

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo.For.Life
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Welcome Kevin Burgess

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Ramshaw has just signed a new one year contract at Gateshead.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Sam Russell has signed for Gateshead

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 pm

And Turnbull looks as if he's staying put. The Chronicle's team of students get it wrong again.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Adam Bartlett now released by Gateshead. From the North-East and settled with a job with NUFC's Academy. No doubt Blyth will be interested after losing Jeffries.

I think he's worth a look.
Really? Unless someone came in for Jameson or we tear up the deal Provett has just signed, I don't see it happening.

Three goalkeepers would be a waste of money, particularly when the two we have are more than capable.

In fact, there's no one from Gateshead's released list I'd be particularly keen on.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Adam Bartlett now released by Gateshead. From the North-East and settled with a job with NUFC's Academy. No doubt Blyth will be interested after losing Jeffries.

I think he's worth a look.
Really? Unless someone came in for Jameson or we tear up the deal Provett has just signed, I don't see it happening.

Three goalkeepers would be a waste of money, particularly when the two we have are more than capable.

In fact, there's no one from Gateshead's released list I'd be particularly keen on.

Yes - Gray is always looking to improve, and I think I'd be wrong in saying that signing Provett as back-up was the plan all along.

Has Provett signed a contract, or is he simply on non-contract terms? If it's the latter then I see no problem in him retaining his coaching role - should a better goalkeeper than Jameson become available.

For the record, I think Jameson is a great goalkeeper who has, and will continue, to go strength-to-strength. But, if a goalkeeper with strong FL and Conference experience becomes available in the area, then I think it would interest Gray.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Yes - Gray is always looking to improve, and I think I'd be wrong in saying that signing Provett as back-up was the plan all along.

Has Provett signed a contract, or is he simply on non-contract terms? If it's the latter then I see no problem in him retaining his coaching role - should a better goalkeeper than Jameson become available.

For the record, I think Jameson is a great goalkeeper who has, and will continue, to go strength-to-strength. But, if a goalkeeper with strong FL and Conference experience becomes available in the area, then I think it would interest Gray.
I'd be disappointed if Gray signed Bartlett as a new number one and relegated Jameson to the bench.

From what I've seen of Bartlett, I honestly would rather Jameson. He's developing, is part of a settled defensive unit and will only get better.

And, as an older player from higher up the pyramid Bartlett would cost more, I'd imagine. There's nothing I've seen from him that would justify shelling out more for a third keeper we don't really need.

Plus Bartlett started his career at Blyth and by all accounts was popular there, so they'd be the more likely destination, given they'll be looking for a new keeper.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm

[quote="Darlogramps"][quote="Darlofan97"]
There's nothing I've seen from him that would justify shelling out more for a third keeper we don't really need.

Ok maybe I am being thick but if we do have a Reserve Team (who may play on a Saturday) don't we need a third Keeper so Provett can be on the bench? Or does everyone assume the Under 18's keeper is the Reserve team keeper as well?

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:11 pm

Sorry just realised this thread is about KB but seems to have been hi-jacked by discussion bout how many keepers we need. Don't blame me!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 pm

bga wrote:Sorry just realised this thread is about KB but seems to have been hi-jacked by discussion bout how many keepers we need. Don't blame me!
Don't apologise, it's the way conversation works.

As for goalkeepers, I was under the impression it would be the U18 keeper. Although given the Development League situation, that may not even prove to be a problem.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:Sorry just realised this thread is about KB but seems to have been hi-jacked by discussion bout how many keepers we need. Don't blame me!
Don't apologise, it's the way conversation works.

As for goalkeepers, I was under the impression it would be the U18 keeper. Although given the Development League situation, that may not even prove to be a problem.
I agree that would seem the sensible way forward. Just hope they sort out a league for our Reserve team before MG holds those trials!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:55 pm

It wouldn't surprise me too much if we didn't name a sub keeper on the bench a lot of the time next season. Provett will travel with the first team anyway to do warm ups with Jameson. But statistically I don't think Jameson actually misses many games through injury etc. Excuse me if I'm wrong but I think the only time he was unavailable for selection last season was the Playoff final where he was suspended. This being the case I can see Provett being used very sparingly even as a sub to allow Gray another outfield option on the bench.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 pm

JE93 You may be right MG didn't always name Bell as a sub last season. I don't know why but I just feel that the higher up the leagues you are the more important it is to have a proper keeper as a sub. Anyway guess MG will make that decision.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 pm

JE93 You may be right MG didn't always name Bell as a sub last season. I don't know why but I just feel that the higher up the leagues you are the more important it is to have a proper keeper as a sub. Anyway guess MG will make that decision.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:11 pm

If Provett is fit, then he should be on the bench, it would be too risky not to have cover on the bench.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:If Provett is fit, then he should be on the bench, it would be too risky not to have cover on the bench.
Agreed. The time you don't put a keeper on the bench will sods law be the time you need one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:And Turnbull looks as if he's staying put. The Chronicle's team of students get it wrong again.
Or not...

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5441/turnbull-moves-on

Sign him up Martin.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:39 pm

He'll end up signing for Spenny obviously.

Because they are only interested in signing either a) Darlo rejects, or b) Darlo targets by throwing more money at them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Turnbull could sign for Blyth.

However he recently followed Atkinson, and he follows back. So it passes the Atkinson Twitter test.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.