Burgiwatch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

OHDFC
Team Supported: Darlington

Burgiwatch

Post by OHDFC » Mon May 25, 2015 6:29 pm

For anyone interested in how former players are getting on, Darlo cult figure Franz Burgmeier is now a member of the most successful Vaduz team of all time as they secured their best ever final league placing and thus avoided relegation from the Swiss Super League for the first time with a game to spare. Despite losing 0-1 at home to Grasshoppers today, Aarau's 5-1 defeat in St Gallen leaves Vaduz four points ahead of Aarau with one game to go.

Franz has been captain for most of the season but has been a (used) substitute in the last few games, including the only one I managed to get to, away at FC Zurich last Thursday, where he played the last ten minutes of the 2-2 draw that secured the point that means that Aarau can no longer catch them.

Congratulations Franz

Darlo_Pete

Re: Burgiwatch

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 pm

I always look out for Vaduz's results, as I have visited the town in Liechtenstein once many years ago. Franz you'll always be a legend in Darlo. Who can ever forget our televised game against Bradford, when he got a last minute winner and jumped into the crowd.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed May 27, 2015 11:00 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I always look out for Vaduz's results, as I have visited the town in Liechtenstein once many years ago. Franz you'll always be a legend in Darlo. Who can ever forget our televised game against Bradford, when he got a last minute winner and jumped into the crowd.
Watched that on Sky in the Stavanger Sports Bar pub in Norway, spat out £5 (half a pint) of cooking lager when that goal went in.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

and I watched it in a bar in Gran Canaria with the (not overly impressed) missus. swedish bloke sat near us liked my slightly OTT celebration when Franz's goal went in as I'd been sat quietly pretending to be listening to the wife while watching the game!

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:49 am

I was having a look at the TV schedule for the weekend, and BT Sport are apparently showing the Swiss League this season.

Vaduz are live on Sunday (I think)

I'm sure Pete will be pretty pleased with this news :lol:
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:52 am

face bothered?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:08 pm

It would be good to see him playing on TV, unfortunately i'm busy on Sunday.