Ryu Williamson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dickdarlington
Team Supported: Darlington

Ryu Williamson

Post by dickdarlington » Fri May 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Just signed for Chesterfield. Brilliant news for him. And the first success of our youth team in this generation.

Another great advert for joining our club, either as a youth or older.

On a selfish note, I hope we get some sort of compensation. He is under 23 and he was on our books.

Spyman

Re: Ryu Williamson

Post by Spyman » Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 pm

This was mentioned the other day. Not sure I'd call him a success yet, but promising nonetheless.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

I wonder what sort of agreement is in place between Dfc and MG's academy if a player is sold on.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 22, 2015 5:47 pm

I think Martin Gray will be quite happy with this deal.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 pm

quakerste wrote:I wonder what sort of agreement is in place between Dfc and MG's academy if a player is sold on.
yes a rather confusing situation.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 22, 2015 7:42 pm

quakerste wrote:I wonder what sort of agreement is in place between Dfc and MG's academy if a player is sold on.
Hopefully one which means Martin Gray is happy to continue to offer extensive man hours from him and his coaching team at an affordable cost!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Ryu Williamson

Post by Beano » Fri May 22, 2015 7:57 pm

The financial gains here are irrelevant.

This move demonstrates to talented youngsters that we are a serious option and will further our reputation and ability to attract talent to our youth ranks.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 am

dickdarlington wrote:
On a selfish note, I hope we get some sort of compensation. He is under 23 and he was on our books.
Unless Ryu was a contracted player and being paid, I don't see how any compensation would be due.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:35 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
Unless Ryu was a contracted player and being paid, I don't see how any compensation would be due.
I thought it might work in the same way that Burnley will be due compensation on Danny Ings in the summer even though he's out of contract, because he's a player under 23. Pretty sure the FA brought in the rule to stop big clubs encoraging young players to let their contracts run out, after which they'd sign them up for nothing.

Tbh im not really sure how the rule works, who it applies to or how the court of arbitration decide upon the value to be paid for the player.

Either way great news.for the young lad to get a deal with a good club like Chesterfield. He certainly showed off his talent in the new mills game. Maybe he'll return in the future when darlo are back up a few more leagues.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:20 pm

JE93 wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:
I thought it might work in the same way that Burnley will be due compensation on Danny Ings in the summer even though he's out of contract, because he's a player under 23. Pretty sure the FA brought in the rule to stop big clubs encoraging young players to let their contracts run out, after which they'd sign them up for nothing.

Tbh im not really sure how the rule works, who it applies to or how the court of arbitration decide upon the value to be paid for the player.

Either way great news.for the young lad to get a deal with a good club like Chesterfield. He certainly showed off his talent in the new mills game. Maybe he'll return in the future when darlo are back up a few more leagues.
You need to have been a contracted player. Then you need to have been offered a contract renewal by your current club and decline the offer.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Indeed I think it is not just offered a contract - offered a contract with at least the same terms as your current deal - I recall reading into it when the change came in for champ man purposes - couldn't afford to lose my youth talent on the cheap!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun May 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Shame to lose the kid, but best of luck to him.

I don't think anyone can be compensated except Darlo by FA rules, but whether a youth team player is "contracted" enough and therefore subject to compensation may be worth some enquiry with the FA.

There may be some rules that only favour "academies" and "centres of excellence", but not the youth development set ups at clubs lower down the pyramid.

Maybe we will get a friendly against Chesterfield though.....

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Maybe we will get a friendly against Chesterfield though.....
Step away from the keyboard, you're typing ridiculous things.