Any news from tonight's forum?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Any news from tonight's forum?

Post by D_F_C » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Great news that the squad is just about intact and that there may be an addition arriving soon.

I wonder if Darlo have considered playing 3:5:2 or 5:3:2 so that they can play any 3 from Brown, Hunter, White & Hatch at the back.
If you've read a recent post from I believe to be AIDO, you will see martin grays success in the last 3 years and that was by playing 4-4-2. No idea why you'd want to change a successful formula. If it ain't broke...

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:47 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Great news that the squad is just about intact and that there may be an addition arriving soon.

I wonder if Darlo have considered playing 3:5:2 or 5:3:2 so that they can play any 3 from Brown, Hunter, White & Hatch at the back.
If you've read a recent post from I believe to be AIDO, you will see martin grays success in the last 3 years and that was by playing 4-4-2. No idea why you'd want to change a successful formula. If it ain't broke...
Absolutely! This seasons success has been built on solid defence. No way would or should he change that

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon May 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Quaker0006 wrote: Absolutely! This seasons success has been built on solid defence. No way would or should he change that
It's difficult to think of many teams ever that have won anything without being based on a solid defence.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Dunno - from what I have seen from Bournemouth this year they just make sure they out score their opponents!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 26, 2015 7:46 am

lo36789 wrote:Dunno - from what I have seen from Bournemouth this year they just make sure they out score their opponents!
Newcastle tried that under Keegan
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 am

lo36789 wrote:Dunno - from what I have seen from Bournemouth this year they just make sure they out score their opponents!
... just checked on them .... second best defence in their division .... 20 odd clean sheets out of 46 ..... but they certainly know where the back of the net is .... a bit like us I guess .... we may have finished runners up but we had the best attack and the best defence ... :thumbup:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 am

lo36789 wrote:I'd ask if the gopro's could be used to do that over the summer but have no idea what life they have - and also what the chances are of them being robbed...
Not sure the batteries would last that long :lol:

I might see if I can find a wifi webcam we can point out of the window and then somehow make the feed (or a static image - wouldn't want to use up BM's bandwidth!) available on here somewhere.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:39 am

mikkyx wrote:Not sure the batteries would last that long :lol:

I might see if I can find a wifi webcam we can point out of the window and then somehow make the feed (or a static image - wouldn't want to use up BM's bandwidth!) available on here somewhere.
Gonna have to save myself here - I do know that the batteries wouldn't last the whole summer! The real question is whether they could last an 'appropriate' level of time to be refreshed by someone as I don't imagine much work would take place on a night so nothing would be missed during a changeover.

You have called out what seems a simple solution is set up a fixed camera somewhere and there just needs to be a photo taken on a regular basis. I assume a camera (with internet connection in someway) could be programmed to take a photo every half hour?...I have no idea on the how!

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Have alook at the brinno construction camera. We use them for work. There pretty decent, need a camera/memory change every 3 weeks

TS3

Post by TS3 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:50 am

Is the club shop open over the summer? Could one of the volunteers take a picture each morning? Would be 3 a week, enough to see changes happening

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed May 27, 2015 10:17 am

lo36789 wrote:
mikkyx wrote:Not sure the batteries would last that long :lol:

Gonna have to save myself here - I do know that the batteries wouldn't last the whole summer! The real question is whether they could last an 'appropriate' level of time to be refreshed by someone as I don't imagine much work would take place on a night so nothing would be missed during a changeover.

You have called out what seems a simple solution is set up a fixed camera somewhere and there just needs to be a photo taken on a regular basis. I assume a camera (with internet connection in someway) could be programmed to take a photo every half hour?...I have no idea on the how!
The GoPro cameras get about through about perhaps 50-55 minutes before dropping down onto the last bar on the display when I've been using them for the football. I'm reliably told you can get about anywhere between 60-90 minutes depending on conditions. However I've not tested them yet as I always swap the batteries out at half time time with a fresh pair to make sure they last.

There are different modes like time lapse - both video and photo etc which in theory would last longer. However I've not had a chance to play with these yet. I'm planning to have a play with the different modes over the summer once I've got some time. My only initial thought with using the GoPro for something like this is possibly the memory cards. They only support a 64gb card which is about enough for 4 hours of video. Recording time and battery life may increase dependent upon the mode used but I doubt it will be by much - a couple of articles I've read have suggested maybe two hours battery life for a time lapse.

With the four batteries we've got and two memory cards you could possibly get half a day out of them but you'd need someone on hand to swap batteries / cards etc. The brinno construction camera that Neil_Heaneys_Pace recommended looks more suited to this sort of thing in all honesty. You could possibly do something with a GoPro camera but its probably not ideal, its action camera at the end of the day. A GoPro might be more suited to one or two occasions when you know there is going to be a big bit of work going on that you want to capture rather than a set up and forget for two weeks sort of thing.