DarloTykes Fans Forum -questions for thursday night

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

strangetown
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by strangetown » Sun May 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Anyone who has a question that they would like to ask Martin Gray about this season or past seasons, post it on this thread and I will take them along on the evening for the question and answer session, cheers.

Beano

Re: DarloTykes Fans Forum -questions for thursday night

Post by Beano » Sun May 17, 2015 9:11 pm

What are his expectations for the coming season?

When does he think Purewal and Armstrong will be available?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 pm

What positions is he looking to strengthen?

Is he looking mainly for players in this area or are we now looking for players from outside this area?

Thanks and hope you have a good turnout on Thursday evening.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 am

1. Are there more like players like Adam Mitchell dropping out of the Big 3 academies who can seamlessly progress to first team football, straightaway? (It seems very hit and miss what we have had)

2. What advantages does Martin perceive in having a reserve team?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

One comment from MG that had me thinking was regarding certain clubs who were "disrespectful" to us last season and who were wanting us not to go up for whatever reasons. Other than Lancaster and Warrington, it would be interesting to get an insight off Martin on what went on and which teams other than these 2 he is referring to.Now we are rid of these low lifes he might just open up about it as I can imagine a hell of a lot went on that fired him up and as he put it, raised a glass or 2 to those that wished us luck.

Would like some clarification on Adam Mitchell and how many other players he wants to bring in.Also who he sees as the main challengers next season.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 18, 2015 11:21 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:One comment from MG that had me thinking was regarding certain clubs who were "disrespectful" to us last season and who were wanting us not to go up for whatever reasons. Other than Lancaster and Warrington, it would be interesting to get an insight off Martin on what went on and which teams other than these 2 he is referring to.Now we are rid of these low lifes he might just open up about it as I can imagine a hell of a lot went on that fired him up and as he put it, raised a glass or 2 to those that wished us luck.
I was wondering about the same thing. Why did these teams dislike us/will this bad feeling continue in our new league?

M.G. won't mention names though.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

strangetown

Post by strangetown » Tue May 19, 2015 6:00 pm

thanks for the questions so far

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

C'mon folks - here's your chance to ask MG anything that bugged you last season or about anything you're concerned about for next year.

Get your questions in and they'll be asked at the Q&A session on Thursday night.

Anything (sensible) asked on this thread before 6PM Thursday will be used at the event.

Tony
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Will you be able to post all of the questions asked and his answers to them on here?

THE PRINCE OF WALES

Post by THE PRINCE OF WALES » Tue May 19, 2015 8:58 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Will you be able to post all of the questions asked and his answers to them on here?
come along Pete,just down the road from you.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:C'mon folks - here's your chance to ask MG anything that bugged you last season or about anything you're concerned about for next year.

Get your questions in and they'll be asked at the Q&A session on Thursday night.

Anything (sensible) asked on this thread before 6PM Thursday will be used at the event.

Tony
1) How is Graeme Armstrong?

2) Training. MG has said in past his biggest frustration is having so little time with the players (compared to FT players). Do the players still train 1 night per wk or is it 2 now? Will training schedule be increased as we move up into premier division?

3) John McReady - any interest in him?

4) Will home midweek fixtures be on a Tuesday or Wednesday night once we return to Darlo?

5) How is Amar's rehabilitation going? How is the club supporting him with it? When does he expect him back?

6) Does he anticipate Gillingham or others showing further interest in A Mitchell?

7) Thompson - performance level last season was below the year before. Why does he think that was & how can he help him return to his best?

8) What does MG think of some of our own fans / opposition fans / managers labelling us a long ball team?

9) Has the current uncertainty at Gateshead opened up any possible player signings from them?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed May 20, 2015 9:10 am

Who will be managing the reserve team and where will they be based?

quakermass

Post by quakermass » Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am

1) How many more players is he hoping to bring in and what positions are a priority.
2) Why the u-turn with Liam Hatch. On the transfer list last season yet one of the first to put pen to paper this season (delighted we signed him BTW).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 20, 2015 7:18 pm

quakermass wrote:1) How many more players is he hoping to bring in and what positions are a priority.
2) Why the u-turn with Liam Hatch. On the transfer list last season yet one of the first to put pen to paper this season (delighted we signed him BTW).
Presumably the answer to your second question is quite simple - form towards the end of the season and we have two strikers injured for the foreseeable future.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 pm

A quick thank you to Strangetown, The Fleece and Martin for putting this event on. Really well attended and it looked as though everybody enjoyed the evening. A couple of hundred quid raised which will be used to sponsor a player next season.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:25 am

Can someone come on and let us know what was said last night, could not make it last night but dying to see what was said.Cheers.