Hatchy stays! Welcome Rob Youhill!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Hatchy stays! Welcome Rob Youhill!!

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu May 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Get in! Very pleased with today's news.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/new ... contracts/
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hatchy stays! Welcome Rob Youhill!!

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 14, 2015 7:18 pm

What's our official retained list? I've lost track of who will be with us next year.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Laughing at those posters who said Hatch was gone & even that he'd landed a job down south!

magic1

Post by magic1 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 pm

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Sounds like just Weldon, bell and probably mota to go then, although not seen an official list. Fair enough, last season's players deserve a chance. Guess youhill in for mota, unless mitchell is on his way. really pleased hatch is staying.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Laughing at those posters who said Hatch was gone & even that he'd landed a job down south!
Exactly. Someone said he had a "well paid job" down south. Except the reason he is up here in the first place (and didn't sign for Grimsby when they tried to lure him away) is because his lass is from up here!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Get in! Very pleased with today's news.

Have to say I'm pleased that The HITMAN is staying, although I'm thinking that perhaps it means we're going to be missing Armstrong for a long time.

Youhill looks like a good signing.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Delighted with this official news.

Hopefully linking up with Youhill reignites the absolute best in Cartman (not that he's been too shabby so far)!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu May 14, 2015 7:46 pm

What I like is that the hitman has been given a new contract, despite being made available last season. It shows that our management is able to change their minds without feeling like they are admitting they made the wrong call :)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 14, 2015 7:54 pm

But we've got to remember it was Hatchy who wanted to leave as he wanted 1st team football. So glad he is staying.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu May 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:Get in! Very pleased with today's news.

Have to say I'm pleased that The HITMAN is staying, although I'm thinking that perhaps it means we're going to be missing Armstrong for a long time.

Youhill looks like a good signing.
Yep my thoughts as well, pleased to retain Hatch but I can only assume Armstrong and/or Purewal will not start the season

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Also good to see Portas has signed a new deal.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Great news about Youhill, I love pacey wingers but equally fantastic news about Hatchy as he really came into his own towards the back end of the season and had a great presence up front when he came on as substitute. Even without any more signings we have a very strong looking squad that will do well next season, MG has got it spot on and has tied down Portas to a long term deal as well, everything so positive about the club, long may it continue.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu May 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Delighted with this news is Youhill the right winger from Harrogate?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 14, 2015 8:23 pm

I can see the reignition of the magic hat song next season with this news.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu May 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Youhill seems an excellent signing and keeping Hatch is a very good move especially with the current situation with Armstrong and Amar.

Pretty good news coming from the club.

darlodave1974

Post by darlodave1974 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Great news

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm going to be really smug and say I called the Youhill signing: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28145&p=362265&hili ... ll#p362265
On another, more speculative note, it was interesting to see Harrogate RA midfielder Rob Youhill was in the crowd on Wednesday, and from Cartman's tweet to him, he'll be there on Saturday too.

Complete speculation on my part, but could he be arriving this summer? Replacement for Mitchell?
Okay, so it was a guess, but quite a good one.

And I'm delighted Hatch is staying - and not just because it's one in the eye for the clueless fools who pretend they've "heard" something.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Hatchy demonstrated his abilities towards the end of the season and showed what an asset he is to the team, both as a substitute striker and as a replacement centre-half. I think he will be used a lot more next season. :thumbup:

Welcome to the club Rob. :wave:

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu May 14, 2015 10:23 pm

So pleased for Liam, cant wait to see Youhill next season really excited. :D

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 am

Darlogramps wrote:I'm going to be really smug and say I called the Youhill signing: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28145&p=362265&hili ... ll#p362265
On another, more speculative note, it was interesting to see Harrogate RA midfielder Rob Youhill was in the crowd on Wednesday, and from Cartman's tweet to him, he'll be there on Saturday too.

Complete speculation on my part, but could he be arriving this summer? Replacement for Mitchell?
Okay, so it was a guess, but quite a good one.

And I'm delighted Hatch is staying - and not just because it's one in the eye for the clueless fools who pretend they've "heard" something.
Judging by twitter there's a bit of bromance between Youhill and Cartman, so it wouldn't surprise me if young Nathan played a big part in getting Youhill on board - not that it can take too much persuading when you get the chance to jump up a division and play for the best supported team at that level.

DC

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:07 am

So, where did the 'Hatch is leaving' misinformation come from in the first place? Glad he's staying on for a while longer like.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:So, where did the 'Hatch is leaving' misinformation come from in the first place? Glad he's staying on for a while longer like.
Think it came from the man himself.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 15, 2015 9:13 am

Some great news. Youhill sounds like a good player, and will give us some serious pace, which is something I think we have lacked at times. I'm glad Hatch is staying. But for me the best news is that Portas has signed a long term deal. He's absolute quality.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:17 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:So, where did the 'Hatch is leaving' misinformation come from in the first place? Glad he's staying on for a while longer like.
Think it came from the man himself.
If that was the case then I expect he is on a short(ish) term deal until Army and/or Amar are back and match fit again. Hope he stays around all season though. Speaking of Army and Amar, if they need easing back into things then the Reserve side is an ideal vehicle for it. They can slowly build up until Martin feels they are ready and still keep the competitive edge by playing in the Wearside set up.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 15, 2015 10:02 am

Back to Rob Youhill - he's got a cracking right foot on him, as we found out when they visited HP in October...

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/6173#videos
Join - Shop - Collect

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri May 15, 2015 10:07 am

Just watched Rob Youhill's goal against us at HP in October a few more of those for us next season would be nice :)

just a reminder,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4S_DZVVl_k
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri May 15, 2015 10:10 am

Youhill is a decent signing. But with Mota expected to leave, will he be happy with sitting on the bench? Or is Gray anticipating that Mitchell is on his way. I hope not, but if he gets the chance to progress, he has definitely earnt it.

Happy Hatch is staying. And ecstatic that Portas has signed long term. #cartwheels

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 15, 2015 11:12 am

dickdarlington wrote:Youhill is a decent signing. But with Mota expected to leave, will he be happy with sitting on the bench? Or is Gray anticipating that Mitchell is on his way. I hope not, but if he gets the chance to progress, he has definitely earnt it.

Happy Hatch is staying. And ecstatic that Portas has signed long term. #cartwheels
We'll need options. Mitchell dropping to right back if Brown is out, or if Brown is needed in the middle for example. Thompson playing off a lone striker while we are without Armstrong and Purewal.

DC

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri May 15, 2015 11:26 am

Very true Spyman, and next season we'll need a bigger squad too, especially with the four extra games, further travelling, and always the possibility of a cup run to put extra strain on the playing resources.