Any news players/stadium developments!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Any news players/stadium developments!!

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:02 pm

love it! wrote:Inside knowledge tells me that the rugby club want to provide all catering at Blackwell meadows and they have bought a porter cabin to provide an outside bar. They seem to be hugely underestimating the number of fans we will be getting. They won't allow for burger vans down Blackwell meadows and they keep suggesting we will have around 1000 fans per match. Obviously the football club won't agree to this as we will miss out massively on takings if we go into an agreement on this basis.

I'm sure there are a lot more issues but the issues above are what I've heard from people at the rugby club
Right of the board to stand their ground, hopefully a mutually satisfactory agreement can be reached.

Can't believe that DRC believe crowds will be around 1k, given we average that at Bishop. It's beyond obvious that we will attract significantly more than that.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Ok, so possibly late Autumn for the return to the town. Hopefully the team will be in a good position in the league by that point and give a real impetus to coming 'home'

A 'measured' statement from the board. In my opinion, Jesper and Mills are still doing a magnificent job of running our club.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 pm

love it! wrote:Inside knowledge tells me that the rugby club want to provide all catering at Blackwell meadows and they have bought a porter cabin to provide an outside bar. They seem to be hugely underestimating the number of fans we will be getting. They won't allow for burger vans down Blackwell meadows and they keep suggesting we will have around 1000 fans per match. Obviously the football club won't agree to this as we will miss out massively on takings if we go into an agreement on this basis.

I'm sure there are a lot more issues but the issues above are what I've heard from people at the rugby club
You'd think a flexible agreement could be put in place to give us time to prove them wrong. Common sense says the first few games will see the biggest gates, so get extra catering in for these and follow demand from then on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Also to add, that if we didn't even make it back next season, its just one year in our future history.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Seems the hold up was the funding which is now agreed with the FSIF and still some aspects of the Commercial agreement seem to be causing agreement issues.

Seems quite crucial that we strike an agreement that benefits the Football Club and the Rugby Club long term.

I did expect us not to be at BM for the start of the season but hopefully we will be in this year.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:38 pm

I fully expect us to be there this season.

Start of 2016 possibly?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:34 pm

Fully back the board's decision to not spend a penny until all of the agreements are watertight.

The frustrating thing is that I thought all of the commercials were locked down a fair while ago.

The statement fits with the rumour I posted regarding an individual at the rugby club who was trying to make things difficult. It seems this person was elected in January when the deal was in progress and has decided that the rugby club aren't getting a fair deal / or given we've out all of our eggs in the BM basket that they would try and hold the football club to ransom.

That, along with some "design changes" and the FSIF money being delayed seem to be the main factors. Happily 2 out of 3 are now solved.

From what I gather, the rugby club need us there as much as we need to be there, so hopefully a deal can be agreed soon. The frustrating thing is that on the face of it, it seems there is still work to do. If only we had an option b which would give us some more leverage in the deal.

Quite surprised about the comment around the pitch not being ready until late autumn even if everything was sorted tomorrow - I take it that means the rugby club will not be playing on the main pitch for a portion of the season.

A good update and exactly what was required.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:16 pm

It's great to be finally updated. Do we have a plan B, somehow I doubt it, unless it's continuing to play at HP?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:16 pm

divas wrote:Fully back the board's decision to not spend a penny until all of the agreements are watertight.

The frustrating thing is that I thought all of the commercials were locked down a fair while ago.

The statement fits with the rumour I posted regarding an individual at the rugby club who was trying to make things difficult. It seems this person was elected in January when the deal was in progress and has decided that the rugby club aren't getting a fair deal / or given we've out all of our eggs in the BM basket that they would try and hold the football club to ransom.

That, along with some "design changes" and the FSIF money being delayed seem to be the main factors. Happily 2 out of 3 are now solved.

From what I gather, the rugby club need us there as much as we need to be there, so hopefully a deal can be agreed soon. The frustrating thing is that on the face of it, it seems there is still work to do. If only we had an option b which would give us some more leverage in the deal.

Quite surprised about the comment around the pitch not being ready until late autumn even if everything was sorted tomorrow - I take it that means the rugby club will not be playing on the main pitch for a portion of the season.

If there is a mentality of 'us' and 'them' between the football & rugby clubs this simply won't work long term. We need to become one club really, and as much as that may hurt the pride of some small minded individuals, it is the only realistic way the two sports can thrive.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Spyman wrote:
divas wrote:Fully back the board's decision to not spend a penny until all of the agreements are watertight.

If there is a mentality of 'us' and 'them' between the football & rugby clubs this simply won't work long term. We need to become one club really, and as much as that may hurt the pride of some small minded individuals, it is the only realistic way the two sports can thrive.
Reading the rugby clubs riposte in the Echo it seems that all is not rosy in the garden.

Not good so early in the relationship....

trevstanley
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by trevstanley » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 pm

They could always threaten DRFC with the Arena! I'll get me coat..............

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:03 am

Sensible decision making from the board, in our position we can't afford to invest without all the I's being dotted and the T's crossed. It's frustrating for everyone involved, especially the board as this project will have put an awful lot of work at their door. Hopefully it won't be long before all things can be sorted out and the clubs reach an amicable agreement. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks so that work can start and we can be moved into our new ground by Winter.

Also looking forward to this seasons shirts being released. really liked the look of the home shirt chosen hopefully it will look as good in the flesh.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:09 am

Has there been any word on the new shirts yet? I'm sure I read that they were going to be available to pre-order but I've not seen anything.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:29 pm

[quote="divas"]

The statement fits with the rumour I posted regarding an individual at the rugby club who was trying to make things difficult. It seems this person was elected in January when the deal was in progress and has decided that the rugby club aren't getting a fair deal / or given we've out all of our eggs in the BM basket that they would try and hold the football club to ransom.(quote="divas")

Apparently this chap doesn't want us at BM but can't stop the groundshare as the lease has been signed so is making things as difficult as he can in other areas ie commercial agreements. What I don't understand is how he has got so much control over things in the first place!

Also the council are ready to do the car park but can't start as DRC still haven't agreed a lease with the landowner. They also haven't started on the changing rooms yet (which, surely, must be done before the rugby season starts) even though they have the grant
money. They have, however, been refurbishing seats in the lounges which, as they apparently don't have any money, seems a bit strange.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:15 pm

divas wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Reading the rugby clubs riposte in the Echo it seems that all is not rosy in the garden.

Not good so early in the relationship....
Agree,not good....at least it shows DFC are in very good hands at board level and wont be bullied.....they have the fans backing and the power to walk away if they have to.