Interesting spread sheet

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

karlo-cardiff
Team Supported: Darlington

Interesting spread sheet

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun May 10, 2015 3:02 am

As always makes pre season an interesting read regarding which teams are in which league

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view#gid=0

AIDO

Re: Interesting spread sheet

Post by AIDO » Sun May 10, 2015 6:52 am

.... I know when we've looked at these in the past, there are usually one or two subtle changes which the FA tweak up. They do their restructuring meeting on Thursday this week so it will be interesting to see if Stourbridge and Halesowen DO move south and Kings Lynn stay put. Seems about right I guess, with Stamford and Grantham their local rivals.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sun May 10, 2015 7:34 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:As always makes pre season an interesting read regarding which teams are in which league

They appear to assume Brizzle Rovers will beat Grimsby next week.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun May 10, 2015 7:59 am

Is it just my computer but where is Darlo`s league

divas

Post by divas » Sun May 10, 2015 8:10 am

Scroll right

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun May 10, 2015 12:39 pm

must be my computer not able to

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 pm

AIDO wrote:.... I know when we've looked at these in the past, there are usually one or two subtle changes which the FA tweak up. They do their restructuring meeting on Thursday this week so it will be interesting to see if Stourbridge and Halesowen DO move south and Kings Lynn stay put. Seems about right I guess, with Stamford and Grantham their local rivals.

That restructuring meeting may have to be postponed as the Rymans League Premier Div play offs have not yet taken place owing to the farce over the potential points deduction on Enfield.

They will need to know who is or is not going up there to give them the proper picture f which clubs need shuffling at Conference Regional divisions and below.

Its a huge f*ck up by the FA who charged Enfield in last week of season with fielding an ineligible player despite writing to Enfield in January saying no action was to be taken in the unusual circumstances of the ineligible player playing.

Appeal hearing was before the FA Last week with Enfield represented pro bono by a QC. Result was due Friday, but FA have postponed it and no date set for delivering verdict!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Do one reichsfuhrer of spenny propaganda
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Do one reichsfuhrer of spenny propaganda

I love you too xxxx

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:As always makes pre season an interesting read regarding which teams are in which league

That's Matlock, Buxton, & Frickley guaranteed to be midweek games away from home then!

(And thanks to the great crested newts, Ilkeston station is unlikely to open before August 2016!)
Bring Back the Quarters

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 11, 2015 7:20 pm

grytters wrote:

That's Matlock, Buxton, & Frickley guaranteed to be midweek games away from home then!

(And thanks to the great crested newts, Ilkeston station is unlikely to open before August 2016!)
Well it's a good job I'm not travelling by train then. :D

eddiegrundy

Post by eddiegrundy » Tue May 12, 2015 3:42 pm

spen666 wrote:
AIDO wrote:.... I know when we've looked at these in the past, there are usually one or two subtle changes which the FA tweak up. They do their restructuring meeting on Thursday this week so it will be interesting to see if Stourbridge and Halesowen DO move south and Kings Lynn stay put. Seems about right I guess, with Stamford and Grantham their local rivals.

That restructuring meeting may have to be postponed as the Rymans League Premier Div play offs have not yet taken place owing to the farce over the potential points deduction on Enfield.

They will need to know who is or is not going up there to give them the proper picture f which clubs need shuffling at Conference Regional divisions and below.

Its a huge f*ck up by the FA who charged Enfield in last week of season with fielding an ineligible player despite writing to Enfield in January saying no action was to be taken in the unusual circumstances of the ineligible player playing.

Appeal hearing was before the FA Last week with Enfield represented pro bono by a QC. Result was due Friday, but FA have postponed it and no date set for delivering verdict!
The result of Enfield's appeal was announced today and unfortunately they have lost. Having read up on the background to this it is a total travesty of justice and complete farce conjured up by the FA and the Ryman League.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue May 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Nothing new there then with the F A

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 12, 2015 7:30 pm

eddiegrundy wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The result of Enfield's appeal was announced today and unfortunately they have lost. Having read up on the background to this it is a total travesty of justice and complete farce conjured up by the FA and the Ryman League.
I echo those sentiments and I feel really sorry for Enfield, hope they don't get too downhearted and bounce back next season.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed May 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Not so much travel to Manchester and area next season and more down the Eastern side of the country.

With 4 extra league games and presumably some attempts at cup runs the first team squad should need some strengthening.

More Darlo exiles will be able to reach games nearer to their Southern & Midland locations.

With a return of the club to Darlington travelling home & away fans have more chance to use railways for Darlo's home games.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:With a return of the club to Darlington travelling home & away fans have more chance to use railways for Darlo's home games.
You could use the railways anyways.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
With a return of the club to Darlington travelling home & away fans have more chance to use railways for Darlo's home games.
Anyone using the train will either have to catch a Richmond/Catterick bus (with a 20 minute service you won't get too many people on them), flag a taxi or 'enjoy' a 30+ minute walk. Not ideal - unless supporters' buses are laid on??

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed May 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I would hope supporters buses include Bank Top station on their shuttle routes, as there should be more willingness for home and away support to travel by train, now the club is back in Darlington.

Yomping across the South Park fields would cut down on the leg work substantially to & from the station, but mind the dog muck!

GraemeT

Post by GraemeT » Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 pm

"not ideal", get a grip, 1.4miles is not that bad, shorter if you walk through South Park

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 13, 2015 8:08 pm

It's not a long walk

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed May 13, 2015 9:34 pm

OK. I bow to the opinion of others. Personally, I wouldn't find that length of walk a problem, but I do feel it could be far enough to put some people off. A great shame, if that was the case.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed May 13, 2015 9:47 pm

I'm sure a bus is going to be put on from the town and I expect that those that arrive on the train will be there early for a few bevvies in town anyway. The travel survey that went out will have gauged the interest for this service so the club are forward thinking
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 pm

It took me 25 minutes to walk from the Town Hall to BM, so I think 30+ minutes is a bit OTT.