Change of playing name

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Beano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Change of playing name

Post by Beano » Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 pm

I can see the logic in a 5 year period for new clubs to stop any old Tom, Dick or Harry trading using the name and history of others.

Obviously, we were not a new club, but at least this gives us hope for the future.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed May 20, 2015 7:13 am

al_quaker wrote:Interesting re the 5 years in the Farsley statement. Although as we requested a change last year, I guess it doesn't apply to us.

I also guess that as we haven't heard anything, we weren't successful or didn't apply.
Doesn't look like we did. Unless we hear something today.

5 years is something to think about as well, but this is the first time it's been mentioned, but the FA are thick as pigshit so we should be trying every year in my opinion.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 20, 2015 11:09 am

Ingleby wrote:the FA are thick as pigshit

The FA can't spell "Middlesbrough" :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:20 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

They will probably deny them promotion if Middlesbrough win the play off, for playing under a false name

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 am

spen666 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

They will probably deny them promotion if Middlesbrough win the play off, for playing under a false name

Love it :D :clap: :roll:

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 23, 2015 9:04 am

There's a piece about the name change in the Echo today, just to paraphrase it:

FA council members voted strongly against the request when the club applied to drop the digits from our name last season and a name change attempt this year would likely to have been futile, but the club are likely to try again within the next couple of years and Hyde and Farsley’s success this week offers encouragement.

Quakers officials have monitored developments elsewhere and while moving to Blackwell Meadows remains the priority a further submission to the FA regarding a name change will be addressed.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... _the_same/
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

divas

Post by divas » Sat May 23, 2015 9:35 am

No need to apply yet, doing it every year certainly won't work in our favour so glad it's been parked. It's a nice target to have in 2 years time:

Conference North football, taking place in the town with our rightful playing name for the start of 17/18 would pretty much be utopia and would see us back to exactly where we could/should have been before we had the book thrown at us.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat May 23, 2015 12:33 pm

I suppose I have to admit that the clubs logic is sound. If the precedent is there, then 2 more years has to be when we get our rightful name back, and we should spend plenty of time getting a watertight case together. I assume the debt will be paid off by then too, which is more than clubs who went bust will have done. If we don't get our name back at that time, then we will know the FA has it in for us. I can not wait to get rid of those 4 numbers.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 23, 2015 3:10 pm

divas wrote:No need to apply yet, doing it every year certainly won't work in our favour so glad it's been parked. It's a nice target to have in 2 years time:

Conference North football, taking place in the town with our rightful playing name for the start of 17/18 would pretty much be utopia and would see us back to exactly where we could/should have been before we had the book thrown at us.
.... got to admit, I agree with this .... mind you, it's good to see the four digits gradually fading .... even on the official Evostik website .... (hope they don't change it) ... ;)

:arrow: ... :arrow: ... http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/quakers- ... ial-24598/

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sat May 23, 2015 5:48 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I didn't think it had owt to do with the FA
The tickets only make reference to Wembley and The Football League

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 am

AIDO wrote:
divas wrote:No need to apply yet, doing it every year certainly won't work in our favour so glad it's been parked. It's a nice target to have in 2 years time:

.... got to admit, I agree with this .... mind you, it's good to see the four digits gradually fading .... even on the official Evostik website .... (hope they don't change it) ... ;)

:arrow: ... :arrow: ... http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/quakers- ... ial-24598/
Shhhhhh, do you want the FA to fine the league & relegate us for playing under a false name? :roll:
Last edited by joejaques on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:18 am

Nice to see the Echo calling us 1883 today :crazy: :roll: