Released Players

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo2k
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Released Players

Post by darlo2k » Fri May 08, 2015 5:02 pm

ArmchairDieHard wrote:
darlo2k wrote:I thought releasing Senior an hour before the Civic reception was poor timing.

Right call but could have handled it better.
Wasn't the timing arranged before we won the FA Trophy?

At least Cooper was open and honest and gave the players every opportunity to get themselves sorted out with a new Club. I'd rather use that approach than be kept waiting and waiting.
I've got more faith in Gray to manage this difficult process well when compared to the last manager who had a 'successful' season.

Maintaining the excellent team spirit in this squad will be key again next season. So managing the delivery of 'bad news' is something I'm sure he'll get right.

If it takes a couple more days, then so be it.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat May 09, 2015 8:02 pm

TDS says on another thread that Hatch has been released, anyone heard anything?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat May 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Hatch and Mota both gone, along with a third who wasn't named to me.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sat May 09, 2015 10:15 pm

I've been told Bell is leaving and possibly going to West

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 pm

.... It all sounds very harsh this "released" business, but we were talking to Hatchy in the Pennyweight not long after the play off final. He was in great spirits .... as were we all obviously, but he said then that he had played his last game for us .... What a great lad and such a laugh. He was even looking forward to following The Quakers as a "supporter" ... from the other side of the fence with us lol .... Once a Quaker .... Always a Quaker.

It's amazing how young these lads look btw when you see them "in real life". On the pitch they look so bloody old ... off it they're just young lads .... :D

Pity about Mota ... Our most skilful player and full of tricks but like most people who have an opinion of him have said ... He is a little light weight ... No doubt we'll see him again on the oppositions side, in the not too distant future. Good luck to them all!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 10, 2015 12:52 am

AIDO wrote:.... It all sounds very harsh this "released" business, but we were talking to Hatchy in the Pennyweight not long after the play off final. He was in great spirits .... as were we all obviously, but he said then that he had played his last game for us .... What a great lad and such a laugh. He was even looking forward to following The Quakers as a "supporter" ... from the other side of the fence with us lol .... Once a Quaker .... Always a Quaker.

It's amazing how young these lads look btw when you see them "in real life". On the pitch they look so bloody old ... off it they're just young lads .... :D

Pity about Mota ... Our most skilful player and full of tricks but like most people who have an opinion of him have said ... He is a little light weight ... No doubt we'll see him again on the oppositions side, in the not too distant future. Good luck to them all!
If what you say about Hatch is true then that's a shame but I totally agree about the way they look. I'm in my early 30s but felt like an old man standing next to most of our players last week!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun May 10, 2015 6:43 am

Spyman wrote:If what you say about Hatch is true then that's a shame but I totally agree about the way they look. I'm in my early 30s but felt like an old man standing next to most of our players last week!
... :lol: ... even Whitey looks like a young lad to me ....

... I don't think Hatchy will be signing for anyone else and I reckon he'd love to remain part of things at Darlo ... even if its just when we're a little short, which happens from time to time at all clubs. He clearly loves Darlo and his roots are now here I reckon .... ;)

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:39 am

Hatch was transfer listed remember, so no real surprise that he's leaving. Mota could maybe benefit from a season mainly in the Reserves but hey ho. Bell did say that he planned to retire at the end of this season didn't he? Wouldn't totally shock me if Hatch ended up on the coaching staff in some capacity, maybe in a years time if he doesn't find another club .... or his heart is no longer in it for playing for someone else. A role with the Reserve set up would be ideal? One other was mentioned, Weldon left for the USA didn't he so perhaps he's the other one. However this is Darlo, so expect the unexpected lol. Still exciting, buzzing times.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun May 10, 2015 10:27 am

Can we justify 6, 7, 8 coaching staff?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 10, 2015 11:45 am

TDS wrote:Can we justify 6, 7, 8 coaching staff?!

We don't though do we, MGFA supplies the coaching staff as they all work for the academy, presume we get them as part of a package, suspect we are getting a fantastic deal compared to other clubs

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 am

Bogratsteve wrote:

We don't though do we, MGFA supplies the coaching staff as they all work for the academy, presume we get them as part of a package, suspect we are getting a fantastic deal compared to other clubs
This must be our biggest asset really, on tap coaching staff and some top draw youngsters coming through. All at bargain bucket prices too I'd imagine. Could have been so much different if Martin hadn't come forward and been chosen as our manager.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun May 10, 2015 1:13 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:

This must be our biggest asset really, on tap coaching staff and some top draw youngsters coming through. All at bargain bucket prices too I'd imagine. Could have been so much different if Martin hadn't come forward and been chosen as our manager.
Yes, full marks to the interim board in making that appointment. Happy birthday to Dennis Pinnegar, by the way :thumbup:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 10, 2015 2:53 pm

It's great to see that our coaching staff are ex-Darlo players, how many clubs can say that there coaching team played for the club they are now coaching.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun May 10, 2015 2:57 pm

I wasn't aware Atkinson, Gregan, goalkeeping coach, Whitey from next season fall under the Academy staff?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun May 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Hatchy has got a well paid job down south so not a surprise he has gone... Shame like I love Hatchy gives you 100%... Good luck to him

Sat ont shitter

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 10, 2015 3:14 pm

TDS wrote:I wasn't aware Atkinson, Gregan, goalkeeping coach, Whitey from next season fall under the Academy staff?
I was meaning they work for MGFA except keeping coach & Whiety obviously, didn't know Adam Reed worked for him also.....

http://www.martingrayfootballacademy.co ... -the-team/

How the actual finances work etc I have no idea and it doesn't concern me.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun May 10, 2015 3:17 pm

I see. I know our backroom team have been the envy of our not so jealous neighbours in the past. Didn't want it becoming out of control :D.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 10, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm sure I recognise Deano Brown. Is he the guy who used to go to virtually every away match?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun May 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:I'm sure I recognise Deano Brown. Is he the guy who used to go to virtually every away match?
Yeah Deano is always at the matches looking after the kids etc, really nice guy & doing some great coaching

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 10, 2015 4:31 pm

See theres a coach called Kim Wild too. She must look after the kids from America ;)

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun May 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Let`s hope so there are some talented footballers over there

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Mon May 11, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:I'm sure I recognise Deano Brown. Is he the guy who used to go to virtually every away match?
Deleted by moderator
I would strongly suggest taking back this comment as

A - it's well out of line
B - it's also impossible as he doesn't or ever had a driveway on Fenby Avenue
C - only recently started driving!

charlie

Post by charlie » Mon May 11, 2015 9:59 am

Please use the report button if you think a post steps over the line

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon May 11, 2015 11:54 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Hatchy has got a well paid job down south
What does he do?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon May 11, 2015 2:56 pm

biccynana wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Hatchy has got a well paid job down south
What does he do?
Professional party animal if reports of the night out are to be believed

darlo1883

Post by darlo1883 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:26 pm

I work with Kim Wild's mother, Kim is off to america coaching....

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun May 24, 2015 6:59 pm

darlo2k wrote:Cooper showed how not to manage this process well. Killed the momentum from Wembley within a week.
The scorched earth policy was maybe not inspired by Cooper.