Exiled

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil Johnson
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Exiled

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:08 am

divas wrote:Excellent thread and just goes to show the breadth of our support.
There are hundreds of Darlo supporters living away from the area, so a DAFTS fans revival may be expected, as we progress further South.

I managed to get over from Norway and must say the Tin Shed's atmosphere tonight was superb, reminiscent of The Feethams Version. Also took in the Durham Cricket win over Leaders Sussex, so that the team are in second spot with a game in hand.

Kids Next and then Bamber Bridge. 2 finals this week - heady days.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:08 am

divas wrote:Excellent thread and just goes to show the breadth of our support.
There are hundreds of Darlo supporters living away from the area, so a DAFTS fans revival may be expected, as we progress further South.

I managed to get over from Norway and must say the Tin Shed's atmosphere tonight was superb, reminiscent of The Feethams Version. Also took in the Durham Cricket win over Leaders Sussex, so that the team are in second spot with a game in hand.

Kids Next and then Bamber Bridge. 2 finals this week - heady days.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:20 am

Just woke at 7:15 in saigon and delighted with the news, roll on Saturday where there time difference is more on my side.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 am

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Just woke at 7:15 in saigon and delighted with the news, roll on Saturday where there time difference is more on my side.
Glad to see you calling it by it's proper name. :lol:

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:44 am

You might not know it, but Darlo have a huge fan base out here in Nairobi.

Many of the buses have David Dowson's face painted on the back, which can be a bit of a distraction and sadly causes a lot of fatal accidents.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:15 am

I was banished to the conservatory to listen. Don't know what the neighbours thought as I leapt off the settee when Hatchy scored the winner! It made that freezing night in Flixton and other memorable journeys well worth it.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:04 pm

I took half a day at work yesterday and drove up for the match at Midday and got back at 1.45am this morning to South Bucks

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Don't know about the rest of you exiles, but the minute or two it takes me to scroll through the match thread - through my fingers!- the morning after a game (I'm 7-8 hours ahead over here) puts me through the emotional wringer more than actually being there ever does!

I could feel my heart sink to the pit of my stomach when I read Spenny had gone two one up, only for it to practically pop out of my rib cage a few seconds, a dozen more updates and two goals later! I'm seriously worried it might actually explode if the final's anywhere near as exciting.

DarloToonFC

Post by DarloToonFC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:06 pm

I have to say I vowed I would never register on this site and certainly never leave a post as some of the posts on here are clearly by people who do not have a clue about life and certainly have too much time on their hands.

However, on the other side of the coin it is a great way for sensible people to communicate and for the exiled fans to keep in touch, find out about tickets, fans radio, match threads etc, which I think is brilliant and have been amazed at how many long suffering Darlo fans we have around the world. I take my hat off to you all for making the effort to still being involved and a part of our beloved Darlo.

It is with this in mind that it is heart breaking to see so many great fans missing out on matches that are so important.

I hope you all enjoy Saturday as much as I hope we are all going to....fingers crossed...:)

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:10 pm

DarloToonFC wrote:I have to say I vowed I would never register on this site and certainly never leave a post as some of the posts on here are clearly by people who do not have a clue about life and certainly have too much time on their hands.

However, on the other side of the coin it is a great way for sensible people to communicate and for the exiled fans to keep in touch, find out about tickets, fans radio, match threads etc, which I think is brilliant and have been amazed at how many long suffering Darlo fans we have around the world. I take my hat off to you all for making the effort to still being involved and a part of our beloved Darlo.

It is with this in mind that it is heart breaking to see so many great fans missing out on matches that are so important.

I hope you all enjoy Saturday as much as I hope we are all going to....fingers crossed...:)
same

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Manc born Darlo fan,got there last night for the semi but cant now do the final due to work...ffs ....Darlo Radio for me and a few others I guess.....must be hard for those miles away who cant make games.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Manc born Darlo fan,got there last night for the semi but cant now do the final due to work...ffs ....Darlo Radio for me and a few others I guess.....must be hard for those miles away who cant make games.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 pm

This thread and a conversation I had in the office today have inspired me to add a fans map to the next version of Uncovered.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:46 pm

mikkyx wrote:This thread and a conversation I had in the office today have inspired me to add a fans map to the next version of Uncovered.
Global map? ;)

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri May 01, 2015 9:55 am

princes town wrote:
mikkyx wrote:This thread and a conversation I had in the office today have inspired me to add a fans map to the next version of Uncovered.
Global map? ;)
No, that would be too small. What about the fans on other planets? :roll:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 01, 2015 10:05 am

joejaques wrote:
princes town wrote:
Global map? ;)
Alas, there's only so much of space the Google Maps API will cover. So I'll probably just have to settle for those of us on Earth.

Can you even get Darlo Fans Radio on Mars? Will Curiosity be tuning in tomorrow?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri May 01, 2015 10:14 am

mikkyx wrote:
joejaques wrote:
princes town wrote:
Global map? ;)
Alas, there's only so much of space the Google Maps API will cover. So I'll probably just have to settle for those of us on Earth.

Can you even get Darlo Fans Radio on Mars? Will Curiosity be tuning in tomorrow?
Mars or Milford? Both over an hour to the nearest motorway. :roll:

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 am

Just out of interest how many more Darlo fans are there in or around Cardiff,with in say a 30 Radius....thinking aloud about maybe travel arrangnents could be made perhaps stopping on route to help more us get to games next season

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:Just out of interest how many more Darlo fans are there in or around Cardiff,with in say a 30 Radius....thinking aloud about maybe travel arrangnents could be made perhaps stopping on route to help more us get to games next season
You could even include people from the West Midlands, who you could pick up on your way up the M5 or M40.

darlostu

Post by darlostu » Sat May 02, 2015 11:34 am

Can give you numbers of Darlington FC Supporters Group Members in Cardiff area, and West Midlands, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow - have to be somewhere this afternoon !!!!!

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat May 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Al Sharp wrote:Don't know about the rest of you exiles, but the minute or two it takes me to scroll through the match thread - through my fingers!- the morning after a game (I'm 7-8 hours ahead over here) puts me through the emotional wringer more than actually being there ever does!

I could feel my heart sink to the pit of my stomach when I read Spenny had gone two one up, only for it to practically pop out of my rib cage a few seconds, a dozen more updates and two goals later! I'm seriously worried it might actually explode if the final's anywhere near as exciting.
I did that for the Buxton FA trophy game last season. Aaaaaaggghhhh!

Cockerton48

Post by Cockerton48 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:
Al Sharp wrote:Don't know about the rest of you exiles, but the minute or two it takes me to scroll through the match thread - through my fingers!- the morning after a game (I'm 7-8 hours ahead over here) puts me through the emotional wringer more than actually being there ever does!

I did that for the Buxton FA trophy game last season. Aaaaaaggghhhh!
As an exile for some 45 years and now in Dorset I was able to get to the New Mills game and persuaded my wife to stay on so I could catch the Spennymoor game.....at my age even knowing Darlo' my heart couldn't take it! I could not stay longer but will be listening (which will be even worse)! COME ON DARLO!!!!!

Cockerton48

Post by Cockerton48 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Sorry everyone....I don't use the Forum for comment very often! As an exile for some 45 years and now in Dorset I was able to make the New Mills game and to persuade my wife to stay longer so I could catch the Spennymoor game. Even following Darlo for 55 plus years....they are still Darlo! My heart couldn't take it (well just). We couldn't stay longer but I will try and listen to the game.......COME ON DARLO!!!

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat May 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Listening in from Brisbane, Australia. Come on lads!

darlostu

Post by darlostu » Sun May 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Darlington FC Supporters Group Members in Wales - Cardiff 1 Milford Haven 1. West Midlands have 6, but hopefully we can build on that next year !!!

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm sure there are probably others who haven't heard of dafts or any of the other groups dotted around the country....