Ticket for an exile

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Magical Quakers
Team Supported: Darlington

Ticket for an exile

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:30 am

Don't suppose there is anyone who can get me a ticket today for Wednesday?

I can't make it up for today's game and as I live in Nottingham won't be able to go on Monday either (assuming there are tickets left).

Haven't seen anywhere that tickets can be bought over the phone or online on Monday either, so think this might be my only chance. Unless anyone knows any different?

Happy to pay by PayPal or however you prefer.

Here's hoping....

Neil Johnson

Re: Ticket for an exile

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

Ring the club shop - no. on club website.

May be able to collect at the game on Tues?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:06 am

If calling club/shop fails try contacting the Darlington FC Supporters Group?

There were plenty of offers online prior to the New Mills game but that wasn't restricted to 2 pp.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:15 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Ring the club shop - no. on club website.

The thing is, I don't think the number is on the club website!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:01 am

Yeah would be nice if the supporters group can get hold of a handful of tickets for those out of the area that are planning on making the trip along the lines of the New Mills offer. Given they are an official supporter body there's no need for them to be limits to 2 tickets

I did notice that the till at BM had a sign saying "we now accept credit and debit cards" although not sure if that only applies to a physical card in the shop.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:13 am

We can't take payment for match day tickets or season tickets through the card machine

DarloTrustSec

Post by DarloTrustSec » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 am

divas wrote:Yeah would be nice if the supporters group can get hold of a handful of tickets for those out of the area that are planning on making the trip along the lines of the New Mills offer. Given they are an official supporter body there's no need for them to be limits to 2 tickets

I did notice that the till at BM had a sign saying "we now accept credit and debit cards" although not sure if that only applies to a physical card in the shop.
Let's not forget that Darlington FC Supporters Group was offering a service to its members.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:38 am

DarloTrustSec wrote:
divas wrote:Yeah would be nice if the supporters group can get hold of a handful of tickets for those out of the area that are planning on making the trip along the lines of the New Mills offer. Given they are an official supporter body there's no need for them to be limits to 2 tickets

Let's not forget that Darlington FC Supporters Group was offering a service to its members.
Sorry I'm not sure I follow?

If you're implying that this should only be for members, who says that those who are exiled and would like a ticket aren't a member of one of the groups? I'd be very surprised if most are not

DarloTrustSec

Post by DarloTrustSec » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:04 am

divas wrote:
DarloTrustSec wrote:

Sorry I'm not sure I follow?

If you're implying that this should only be for members, who says that those who are exiled and would like a ticket aren't a member of one of the groups? I'd be very surprised if most are not
The point I was making was that if DFCSG had been given access to some tickets it would be service that would be offered to their members, as it was for today's game.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:51 am

Has a ticket been made available to u magic

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Not yet.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:03 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:

It should be, but it isn't. It is incredibly difficult to find out what the number of the club shop is.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:01 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

It should be, but it isn't. It is incredibly difficult to find out what the number of the club shop is.
Don't know if it's a current No., but the one I have is 07717 345004. Hope it helps. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:40 pm

During half-time, there were only 35 tickets left out of our allocation. So l doubt they'll even be any for sale on Monday.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I honestly don't know the number as I never call it It was on the old shop website but doesn't appear to of gone through with the change

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Stod has said on twitter about 30 left

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:10 pm

Sold out ,I heard after the game today.

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:50 pm

This is obviously going to be relevant for Saturday as well, if we end up in the final.

I know there's a lot of argument about the 'fair' way to do it and there are always going to be winners and losers but I too am exiled (in Nottingham in fact!) and given the circumstances and travelling I've done recently, decided to give today a miss, as I also can't make Wednesday, so no need for a ticket (Tuesday game, I would have been there).

I have little (in fact, no) chance of getting to the ground or shop on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday so if there is no means of paying for a ticket remotely, I am excluded from even trying to get one.

I'm a paid-up member (!), donated extra into the pot when it was needed, don't make many home games but have done a lot (like a lot) of away games as Notts is well situated to make them a lot easier than home games - does that make me any less 'hardcore' than anyone else?

I was very grateful for the offers that came out to help exiles get hold of tickets when it was announced that today was originally all-ticket but I guess the two per head will knock that on the head for next week.

Rhetorical questions, this really isn't a whinge per se but just to make clear how it is for one subset of fans - there will be, I suspect, many like me. I know time is tight when it comes to playoff time and turning stuff around even to get tix out and sold is a feat in itself. Just something for the club and supporters group to chew on for future thinking.

I'm just sad at the prospect of a final without me!......

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:25 pm

richymidd wrote:This is obviously going to be relevant for Saturday as well, if we end up in the final.

I know there's a lot of argument about the 'fair' way to do it and there are always going to be winners and losers but I too am exiled (in Nottingham in fact!) and given the circumstances and travelling I've done recently, decided to give today a miss, as I also can't make Wednesday, so no need for a ticket (Tuesday game, I would have been there).

I have little (in fact, no) chance of getting to the ground or shop on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday so if there is no means of paying for a ticket remotely, I am excluded from even trying to get one.

I'm a paid-up member (!), donated extra into the pot when it was needed, don't make many home games but have done a lot (like a lot) of away games as Notts is well situated to make them a lot easier than home games - does that make me any less 'hardcore' than anyone else?

I was very grateful for the offers that came out to help exiles get hold of tickets when it was announced that today was originally all-ticket but I guess the two per head will knock that on the head for next week.

Rhetorical questions, this really isn't a whinge per se but just to make clear how it is for one subset of fans - there will be, I suspect, many like me. I know time is tight when it comes to playoff time and turning stuff around even to get tix out and sold is a feat in itself. Just something for the club and supporters group to chew on for future thinking.

I'm just sad at the prospect of a final without me!......
In all honesty this would be better going to Dave Mills

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:52 pm

IF we get through to the final surely they will be more tickets available as can`t see other teams bringing many even on a saturday

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm

No doubt Spennymoor might struggle to sell al of theirs, so we might get some more to sell.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:No doubt Spennymoor might struggle to sell al of theirs, so we might get some more to sell.
I don't understand how it works - surely Spennymoor have been given the number of tickets that fits in the space they have been allocated as per the segregation?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:55 pm

I don't think Spenny will struggle to sell 300 to 400 tickets for this massive game. They must have been given around that number, maybe a few more.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:30 am

I heard that they were getting 500.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:44 am

Just rumours though.

Suppose it is a bit uncalled for in this league to need to put ticketing in place. Be interesting to know if there is a league rule around it. Otherwise it would have boiled down to our negotiations with Spenny.

They average about 500, we average 1,200. This should mean that all the regulars get in which is fair enough really. Beyond that unfortunately we are restricted by capacity.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm

If you are still needing a ticket the guy above. I would contact the DFC Supporters Group. If you are a member of that I am sure they would do what they can to help.