Darlo v Warrington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Warrington Match Thread

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Come on Darlo, lets get a win and stuff it up monkey face and the Salford camera crew.

jonn

Post by jonn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 pm

HT 1-1

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Breedon wrote:Right, that's it, I'm off down the river to throttle a swan.
Is that not Bogratsteve's job ?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Whats with the doom and gloom from some of you so called fans, for gods sake we are in the playoffs and battling against teams who are determined to stop us at all costs and referees who are just not giving us a thing at the moment. Beat Warrington and we are back in the ball game, fail to win and its a welcome back for Spenny.......not really the end of the world is it .Must avoid a red card tonight though, that is a worry with Reids lot to be honest, really must keep our cool.

jonn

Post by jonn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Sounds noisy - anybody got any idea of crowd tonight? Darlo certainly out-shouting home supporters.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Any red cards tonight wouldn't kick in until next season would they?

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 pm

bertbanger wrote:Just coz we know the season is in danger of going down the shitter that makes us bedwetters then?
Yes, because your hysterical and inaccurate reaction is ridiculous. Especially since we hadn't even reached half time.

Even if we don't go up it wouldn't mean we have had a failed season; we've had a fantastic season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Whats with the doom and gloom from some of you so called fans, for gods sake we are in the playoffs and battling against teams who are determined to stop us at all costs and referees who are just not giving us a thing at the moment. Beat Warrington and we are back in the ball game, fail to win and its a welcome back for Spenny.......not really the end of the world is it .Must avoid a red card tonight though, that is a worry with Reids lot to be honest, really must keep our cool.
I fancy our chances in the play-offs, but for me to get a ticket for Saturday, means I have a 4 mile walk after work tomorrow evening and I don't really fancy doing that for a game that may have no meaning. I'm no Andy Park. :D Of course win tonight and I'll get my ticket tomorrow.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Whats with the doom and gloom from some of you so called fans, for gods sake we are in the playoffs and battling against teams who are determined to stop us at all costs and referees who are just not giving us a thing at the moment. Beat Warrington and we are back in the ball game, fail to win and its a welcome back for Spenny.......not really the end of the world is it .Must avoid a red card tonight though, that is a worry with Reids lot to be honest, really must keep our cool.
I fancy our chances in the play-offs, but for me to get a ticket for Saturday, means I have a 4 mile walk after work tomorrow evening and I don't really fancy doing that for a game that may have no meaning. I'm no Andy Park. :D Of course win tonight and I'll get my ticket tomorrow.
Point taken Pete

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Could be worse we could be travelling Porto fans lol

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

wish i could afford to travel that far

jonn

Post by jonn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Thommo off, Cartman on

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:06 pm

White hits post

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:08 pm

That's a hell of a long way to get hammered. I think the furthest I've been to see Darlo get pummeled was yonks ago in the League Cup at Swindon. We won the first leg against our higher league team 3-0 and there was a good following went down to Swindon for the midweek second leg. We lost 4-0 I think, I remember it was a hell of a long trip home.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 pm

darlo reborn wrote:White hits post
What with Mitchell also hitting the woodwork, and the penalty apparently being harsh, you have to wonder if it's going to be our night...

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 pm

I once travelled in the car on New Year's Day to an away match in Exeter , I got as far as just past Bristol then found out it was snowed off!!! Felt like a defeat

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Yeh I've had a few wasted trips over the years Crewe and Wigan come to mind, but nowhere near as far as Exeter, that's tough.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Brown clears off the line.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Not much happening second half?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm

It sounds end to end to me. Come on Darlo we need to step up a gear and take this game to them. Sounds like a good crowd.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 pm

jonn wrote:Thommo off, Cartman on
No idea what has happened to Thommo this season, never looks like scoring, rarely beats his man and does not deliver the telling balls he always did last season, has he lost some pace, not sure, but Gray needs to get more out of him.Big worry.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:33 pm

4mins to take it to last day COME ON

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:35 pm

He's not been the same since his the Oldham scouts decided against him

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:37 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
No idea what has happened to Thommo this season, never looks like scoring, rarely beats his man and does not deliver the telling balls he always did last season, has he lost some pace, not sure, but Gray needs to get more out of him.Big worry.
I don't see how it is a big worry. He's not been as good as last season, yet we've made a stronger assualt on the title than we did last season - he's still an important player but we are not relient on him performing - he is now just one of a number of players that can win a game for us probably alongside Portas, Armstrong, Purewal, Mitchell and Cartman - not to mention the outstanding contribution from White, Hunter, Brown and Watson.

If we continue to not rely on one star man next season, at whatever level we end up at, I'll be perfectly happy.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
I don't see how it is a big worry. He's not been as good as last season, yet we've made a stronger assualt on the title than we did last season - he's still an important player but we are not relient on him performing - he is now just one of a number of players that can win a game for us probably alongside Portas, Armstrong, Purewal, Mitchell and Cartman - not to mention the outstanding contribution from White, Hunter, Brown and Watson.

If we continue to not rely on one star man next season, at whatever level we end up at, I'll be perfectly happy.
Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonn

Post by jonn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:42 pm

FT 1-1

Before the inquests and recriminations start... big pat on the back for the Shoutcast crew, excellent commentary tonight, well done lads.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Playoffs it is. We have a good record against the other teams in there, so let's go and win them. Everyone is no doubt down at the moment, but our form over the last 8 games is superb.

We can be proud of how our season has gone, whatever happens. The players can hold their heads high. Let's all get behind them, even on Saturday, to help make this season a truly memorable one.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Poor Ray Simpson he sounded really down at the end of the commentary.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Spyman wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Nowhere near the player he was last season, that is my point, yes he is still a good player but his form has dipped without doubt IMO.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:58 pm

How about we save the inquisition until after the playoffs?