Play off Dates

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Play off Dates

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Just hope I can get a ticket for this game and I wouldn't be able to make the final should we get there :thumbdown:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

If they sell them on Saturday at the game, then I think they will all have gone by the end of Saturday.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:If they sell them on Saturday at the game, then I think they will all have gone by the end of Saturday.

As i cant make it on saturday and and being purely selfish :lol: I hope they dont sell them at saturdays game ...... so I will be beating down the doors of the club shop on monday morning :D

you maybe right if they sell em on Saturday :cry:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 pm

My opinion is that they should have two piles of tickets to sell.

First pile should have 1 ticket available for each season ticket. And the second pile should be for general sale. Any left overs from season tickets should then be added to general sale on Monday/Tuesday.

You place them on sale (tomorrow hopefully) and at the game on Saturday. If a season ticket holder can't get a ticket by then, then it's unfortunate, but others can benefit.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Beano wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: While we all appreciate the sentiment, what you're calling for is shamelessly populist and unrealistic.

Have you heard yourself? "Freebies to dignitaries" and "community night out."

The club doesn't just hand free tickets to anyone. They're normally for sponsors or groups of people who've invested in the club at some stage.

You'll sit on your backside and demand this populist, distorted ideal you've constructed for yourself, but you completely ignore the realities of the situation.
I'm sorry but there is no personal interest in this for me. I was asked this question by a very concerned fan at Warrington and I merely want to see regulars given first access to tickets. I see no problem at all with my email. There are plenty of lists out there that can be used. The infrastructure has to be right.

Spot on.
Darlogramps wrote: How on earth do you "preference the hard-core fans"? And just how do you define a "hard-core" fan?
Beyond a direct investor - you can't. Thus, first come, first served. If anyone wants a ticket badly enough, they will get one.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:08 pm

I cant get up for the semi mid week but God / Spenny willing I will be up for the Saturday Play Off game.....glory hunter!

princes town

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:25 pm

lo36789 wrote:Pretty sure everytime it has been an all ticket game ST holders have had preference.

We didn't sell out last year anyhow. I suspect everyone that really wants a ticket will get one.
I hope so. A bloke at Warrington said he was very concerned that he would miss out. Perhaps, hard core fan is the wrong expression. A compromise may be to ensure at least season ticket holders get first option. A stub option from New Mills. That would not be unreasonable. The time available is not helpful, I agree. But there are simple measures we can take to at least send the right signal.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:40 pm

princes town wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Pretty sure everytime it has been an all ticket game ST holders have had preference.

We didn't sell out last year anyhow. I suspect everyone that really wants a ticket will get one.
I hope so. A bloke at Warrington said he was very concerned that he would miss out. Perhaps, hard core fan is the wrong expression. A compromise may be to ensure at least season ticket holders get first option. A stub option from New Mills. That would not be unreasonable. The time available is not helpful, I agree. But there are simple measures we can take to at least send the right signal.
The issue with the "look after our own" approach, is it sends out the wrong message to people who may not be regulars.

Big games attract non-regulars, and a good experience may well get this group coming more regularly.

I've nothing wrong with giving season ticket holders some sort of priority, but the non-regulars do need to be treated fairly too.

How you achieve that balance with less than a week until the game, I'm not sure.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

princes town

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote:

Big games attract non-regulars, and a good experience may well get this group coming more regularly.
That's an interesting point. There is a danger of being insular. I'm actually fairly content with the plan now - the 2 tickets per person is reassuring.

princes town

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote:

That's an interesting point. There is a danger of being insular. I'm actually fairly content with the plan now - the 2 tickets per person is reassuring.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm

I don't get why you were concerned? That has been the arrangement at every all ticket game?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Just checked on Spenny's site they are allowing season ticket holders to purchase 5 tickets per person that seems quite high. I would envisage if that is the case they must have been given in excess of 500.

Their tickets go on sale after their game against Burscough.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:18 pm

No chance they have any more than 500. 25% maximum, maybe even 20%
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:11 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:I cant get up for the semi mid week but God / Spenny willing I will be up for the Saturday Play Off game.....glory hunter!
Sod it,going to try and get there now.... :thumbup:

princes town

Post by princes town » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:26 pm

lo36789 wrote:I don't get why you were concerned? That has been the arrangement at every all ticket game?
fair enough. Not really my concern tbh. I'm just relaying some comments I received on Tuesday. I accept it a difficult issue to resolve. I think the board have done the best they can with this one.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 pm

There's no way tickets will be still be left over on Monday, especially as they're selling 2 tickets to each fan. If I wasn't getting one for my lad MCFCDarlo3, I'd get one for you. I'm sure somebody on here can get an extra one for you.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There's no way tickets will be still be left over on Monday, especially as they're selling 2 tickets to each fan. If I wasn't getting one for my lad MCFCDarlo3, I'd get one for you. I'm sure somebody on here can get an extra one for you.
Thanks DP thats very good of you,I think my links to the Real Ale Crew will come in handy so should be ok......now to tell the wife :lol:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 pm

quakerste wrote:Just checked on Spenny's site they are allowing season ticket holders to purchase 5 tickets per person that seems quite high. I would envisage if that is the case they must have been given in excess of 500.

Their tickets go on sale after their game against Burscough.
They won't have been given 500, they're behind the goal and the capacity doesn't include the seats so for certain is well below 500. That end is not one quarter of the ground capacity.

I'd say 300, 350 max.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Apparently they've got down the touchline on where they enter the stadium.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 pm

They would do as they have the far turnstile to enter
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm

AndyPark wrote:Apparently they've got down the touchline on where they enter the stadium.
Well obviously otherwise it wouldn't really be segregated if they came in and had to walk through darlo fans to get to their end!

We should have just given them one of the stands at that end and the touchline stretch really but nevermind!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 pm

lo36789 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Apparently they've got down the touchline on where they enter the stadium.
Well obviously otherwise it wouldn't really be segregated if they came in and had to walk through darlo fans to get to their end!

We should have just given them one of the stands at that end and the touchline stretch really but nevermind!
Only 1 stand is useable I think currently