Looking Positively

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davidcurrieclass
Team Supported: Darlington

Looking Positively

Post by davidcurrieclass » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Get the win at Warrington and at least it means Salford have to win next saturday to be champions ( I know we would need too as well),
plus if we avoid a Ramsbottom debacle in the play offs an extra 2 sell out home games if we win!

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Looking Positively

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 pm

On the trip back home tonight, I reflected on where the club has moved from the start of the season to the end.

The moving back to Darlo and financial stability was the main thing I kept coming back to. At the start of the season I thought we would hopefully make the playoffs, we still have a chance of the league but will make the playoffs if not.

All in all dissapointed with losing the advantage we had in the league but it was always games in hand and we know from experience that points on board is most often the better thing.

Roll on the next few games and whatever happens I can't wait to head to work past Blackwell Meadows and see the work/ground develop.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Well, when the Salford takeover happened and we looked at them signing Seddon and Webber et al I thought they'd win the league by a mile, especially when they started so immaculately.

There has since been a time when it looked like we might edge it but realistically they are likely to end up with 95 points from 42 games and we've pushed them all the way. No disgrace to come second to one of the most expensively acquired teams at this level for many years.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm

We can't have any complaints when they win the title. They did the double over us quite easily and to completely refashion a side half-way through a season with new managers and find the level of consistency they have shown on the run-in is a great achievement at any standard. They are the best team in this league.