Lancaster match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Lancaster match thread

Post by princes town » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:47 am

DarloPeGi wrote:I understand why some fans are deflated and can post what seem like negative comments. I reckon some fans are negative because of what has previously happened over the years and if/when perceived failure arrives, they have already prepared themselves for the ‘let down’ and can probably handle the disappointment better.

Whether you have a positive or negative outlook on Darlo, I think we should respect the viewpoint of whoever is making the comment.

What we’ve had to endure in the last ten years has been immense. Houghton and Singh wrecked the club. The F. A almost ‘buried’ us. In the last three years our club has had a completely different feel about it. Fan owned, run by people who are doing an amazing job. Three years of winning football. Almost 300 points amassed. It’s been brilliant.

The ultimate question right now ………. If we don’t get promoted this year, is it the end of world ? In my opinion , No ! I accept in other people’s opinion, the answer may be Yes.

For me, we’re on a journey back from oblivion. We had no players. No ground. Virtual liquidation. Look at us now ! On the verge of returning back to the town. A well run club. A team full of lads who give it everything, every match8.

I’m staying positive whatever happens. We can still win this league. If, not we can win the playoffs.

If not….. we go again next season
:clap: Form will have no bearing on the playoffs so I'd rather avoid them. The play off contenders are all much of a muchness from what ive seen. Strong teams with little to separate.And who is to say Salford won't have last match nerves. They have hardly been convincing recently.

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:07 am

Al Sharp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, you're right. I was dancing in the aisles this afternoon. Rarely have I left a match feeling more elated.
I know you're being sarcastic, but given the way you're carrying on, there's probably an element of truth in your reply.

Of course the result was disappointing (no one's denied that).

But you're showing no spine whatsoever. Maybe you're just a negative person.

I've been optimistic about the situation by pointing out we can still win the title (which you've admitted we can) and you've accused me of being delusional.

I find it really bizarre any Darlo fan would give up so easily. And, looking at your post history, you have previous for making your mouth go after a bad result, yet you're nowhere near as vocal after a positive result.
Darlogramps - how long have you supported Darlo for?

If it's any longer than two seasons, surely you get why people get downcast so easily? I fully understand your point (which you've made on numerous occasions this season) about staying positive, but seriously, are you surprised that after decades of disappointment, people expect to fail?
I'm surprised at how easily people are willing to give up when we can still win the title. If you quit, you'll never get where you want to be. Yes it's now a long-shot, but it's not over.

How long I've supported Darlo is irrelevant (it's longer than two seasons, as you patronisingly suggest). Also irrelevant is what happened 5, 10, 20, 30 years ago.

I'm pragmatic, and all that matters is the here and now. We're in a new era and that deserves a new mentality.

The new set-up really is a chance for a clean slate. That's why digging up past failures and saying "We always fail" is no good.

"Decades of disappointment" is overplaying it too. What about the FA Trophy win? Or Northern League title win? Or the promotions in the early 90s? Or reaching three play-offs (okay we lost eventually but getting there shows some sort of success in the season).

It's not as bad as some make out.

But I don't actually think that's the issue.

I think, because in the last few seasons, we've won so many games, when we do lose, some fans have lost their backbone. They seem to believe we should be tonking the division. When we don't, they go into meltdown.

And once again, it is not over. You might not think Salford will slip up but who knows what will happen.

We win our two games and one mistake from Salford gives us the title. If they don't slip up, so be it. But let's at least go down fighting.

I'm fed up with the self-pitying "Woe is us" attitude. Anyone who expects to fail, as you put it, needs to get a grip. I'm also fed up with those who only crawl out of the woodwork when we've had a bad result.

Thinking negatively will get us nowhere.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:24 am

The title is won over a season, and this season we're most likely going to be second best again. Our own fault really. If we don't go up, it will almost certainly be down to that absolutely horrendous bunch of games when the best defence in non-league football turned into a shower of shite overnight for no apparent reason. Of course we must do our level best to win against Warrington (very tough) and against New Mills and hope that Salford cock it up at the last fence, but we all know in our hearts that this is unlikely. Spenny will be absolutely up for it and we must above all keep our cool on and off the pitch against them or we will no doubt throw it away, and start next season with several players and management on suspensions.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 am

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:50 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:What was today's attendance and roughly how many were from Darlo?
662 was attendance given and say 450/500 Darlo.
Cheers for that, that's a great away following. :thumbup:

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 am

As has been said failing to win yesterday is not the reason why we may fail to win the league. Silly defeats to the likes of Clitheroe, Kendal and Farsely are. That and failing to make the most of our games in hand.

Yesterday we came up against a well drilled and organised side who defended with two banks of 4, sat deep, soaked up the pressure and very clearly set out not to loose. Once again (see last year at Lancaster) we failed to break them down.

We made chances but failed to take them and only a very good save by Browny at the end saved a point for us. Portas missed the chance of the match which i think would have won us the game. Galbraith had the ball in the net but was offside, the only decision the joker with the flag got right all afternoon and he ably assisted the spineless 12 year old ref to make a series of baffling decisions.

Anyway: we must win the last two and put pressure on Salford. They may crumble. If they dont we must carry this form into the play offs. Spenny will be well up for it and undertaking their usual silliness. We need a zen like calmness to avoid being drawn into playing their game.

PS I am not sure i can face another season at this level. Lets not fuck this play off up ( if it is the play offs!)

PPS where is that plank who said the hard games were over ;-)

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:43 am

MKDarlo wrote:As has been said failing to win yesterday is not the reason why we may fail to win the league. Silly defeats to the likes of Clitheroe, Kendal and Farsely are. That and failing to make the most of our games in hand.

Yesterday we came up against a well drilled and organised side who defended with two banks of 4, sat deep, soaked up the pressure and very clearly set out not to loose. Once again (see last year at Lancaster) we failed to break them down.

We made chances but failed to take them and only a very good save by Browny at the end saved a point for us. Portas missed the chance of the match which i think would have won us the game. Galbraith had the ball in the net but was offside, the only decision the joker with the flag got right all afternoon and he ably assisted the spineless 12 year old ref to make a series of baffling decisions.

Anyway: we must win the last two and put pressure on Salford. They may crumble. If they dont we must carry this form into the play offs. Spenny will be well up for it and undertaking their usual silliness. We need a zen like calmness to avoid being drawn into playing their game.

PS I am not sure i can face another season at this level. Lets not fuck this play off up ( if it is the play offs!)

PPS where is that plank who said the hard games were over ;-)
I see the defeat at Salford as the pivotal point, more than Clitheroe or Kendal results.
FORZA DARLO

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:04 am

Salford game could always have gone either way but Kendal were there to be beaten but we started so poorly we were 3-0 down in 15mins. Clitheroe we were 1-0 up and playing well, had chances to make it 2-0 but then they got back into the game, they were even down to 10 men for a period.

For me we try and win the Warrington game and take the season to the last day, put the pressure on Salford after that we enter the realm of the playoffs which as we know is all about the night/day. The key thing we need to do mainly as players but also as fans is not let one decision by a referee affect the way we play/support.

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 am

Don't get me wrong the Clitheroe and Kendal games were massive slip ups but every team has these throughout the season. For me, when you come up against your main title rivals you must at least avoid defeat, we didn't, just like last season.
FORZA DARLO

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Yesterday's result was disappointing. The effort and performance was there, it just wouldn't fall for us in the end.

Lancaster's tactics were disappointing too. Time-wasting and running the ball into the corner at 0-0 when you have nothing to play for and are the home side? They only stopped doing this when they could smell blood with us being down to 10 men and with Brown in goal.

As for the Galbraith 'goal', it looks like (from the highlights) that he was a good 1-2 yards onside. I think it was an instinctive reaction from the linesman who failed to see the Lancaster player at the back post (stood on the 6 yard box line, Galbraith was further out than this).

If we don't go up this season then I feel as though it will have been unjust. No disgrace at losing out to a Salford side with Webber, Seddon and a host of players cherry-picked for the league above, but I genuinely feel that we an overall better team than the one that also finished runners-up last season. There were 5-6 players in last season's squad that I had question marks over as to whether they could make the step up, compared to none in this squad. We relied a lot on Thompson last season whereas this season we seem to be a better all-round side.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I'm surprised at how easily people are willing to give up when we can still win the title. If you quit, you'll never get where you want to be. Yes it's now a long-shot, but it's not over.

I'm pragmatic, and all that matters is the here and now. We're in a new era and that deserves a new mentality.

The new set-up really is a chance for a clean slate. That's why digging up past failures and saying "We always fail" is no good.

"Decades of disappointment" is overplaying it too. What about the FA Trophy win? Or Northern League title win? Or the promotions in the early 90s? Or reaching three play-offs (okay we lost eventually but getting there shows some sort of success in the season).

I think, because in the last few seasons, we've won so many games, when we do lose, some fans have lost their backbone. They seem to believe we should be tonking the division. When we don't, they go into meltdown.

And once again, it is not over. You might not think Salford will slip up but who knows what will happen.

We win our two games and one mistake from Salford gives us the title. If they don't slip up, so be it. But let's at least go down fighting.

I'm fed up with the self-pitying "Woe is us" attitude. Anyone who expects to fail, as you put it, needs to get a grip. I'm also fed up with those who only crawl out of the woodwork when we've had a bad result.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 pm

quakersam wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:I'm surprised at how easily people are willing to give up when we can still win the title. If you quit, you'll never get where you want to be. Yes it's now a long-shot, but it's not over.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Make that three! :thumbup:

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 pm

you can put where we are today down to a lot of things:
-If Salford didn't sack their manager and buy Ramsbottom then they wouldn't have gotten their points total
-If Amar had been fit I think we'd be sat on more points today
-If we didn't have that bad run

Unfortunately at the minute it's a bunch of if's. I'm hoping that in a few weeks time this post is irrelevant because we've either won the league or playoffs.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Heard a few people moaning about Jameson's actions on Saturday. Saying it was a reckless decision. I think it was quick thinking and a calculated risk he took. It wasn't his fault that the defence fell asleep, it was odds on that they were going to score. He was quickly out of his box (to avoid the penalty), made himself big and ensured they didn't score. He took one for the team. As there will still the chance to win the game, and that point gained may (albeit unlikely) be enough.

Not that it will make any difference, but did anyone see if Tez was offside, it looks mightily close in the highlights, but of course the angle isn't able to assist.

We did play narrow (which is a shame), partly due to the bobbly pitch, and if i'm going to pick negatives, I think Gray made a mistake subbing both strikers together. I'd have brought one on as a straight sway and then had the option of bringing on 3 up front (and then Thommo too) to add the pressure. Armstrong, Cartman and Hatch up front would have been a different threat.

Now Lancaster. Their staff and supporters were great. No issues there. But as mentioned above, why with the time wasting. They had nothing to play for (save for stopping us) and found themselves slowing the game down and also holding the ball up in the corners. It made no sense. I could expect it from some of the other clubs, but bearing in mind Peacock was in the Newcastle team that collapsed so memorably under Keegan to Man U, and Sinclair played for Man City, you'd have thought they wouldn't have been so keen to help out. I'm not suggesting that they would step aside, but perhaps at least attempted to enter into a game of football.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:05 pm

NW boys club mentality, keep that rabble from the NE from winning the title at any cost lol

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:38 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Heard a few people moaning about Jameson's actions on Saturday. Saying it was a reckless decision. I think it was quick thinking and a calculated risk he took. It wasn't his fault that the defence fell asleep, it was odds on that they were going to score. He was quickly out of his box (to avoid the penalty), made himself big and ensured they didn't score. He took one for the team. As there will still the chance to win the game, and that point gained may (albeit unlikely) be enough.

Not that it will make any difference, but did anyone see if Tez was offside, it looks mightily close in the highlights, but of course the angle isn't able to assist.

We did play narrow (which is a shame), partly due to the bobbly pitch, and if i'm going to pick negatives, I think Gray made a mistake subbing both strikers together. I'd have brought one on as a straight sway and then had the option of bringing on 3 up front (and then Thommo too) to add the pressure. Armstrong, Cartman and Hatch up front would have been a different threat.

Now Lancaster. Their staff and supporters were great. No issues there. But as mentioned above, why with the time wasting. They had nothing to play for (save for stopping us) and found themselves slowing the game down and also holding the ball up in the corners. It made no sense. I could expect it from some of the other clubs, but bearing in mind Peacock was in the Newcastle team that collapsed so memorably under Keegan to Man U, and Sinclair played for Man City, you'd have thought they wouldn't have been so keen to help out. I'm not suggesting that they would step aside, but perhaps at least attempted to enter into a game of football.
We can't just expect teams to roll over just for us that makes us arrogant don't it, we have to earn the right to win and take our chances when they come on which we failed... Lancaster players don't want to lose just as much as we didn't..

Sat ont shitter

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:59 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:Heard a few people moaning about Jameson's actions on Saturday. Saying it was a reckless decision. I think it was quick thinking and a calculated risk he took. It wasn't his fault that the defence fell asleep, it was odds on that they were going to score. He was quickly out of his box (to avoid the penalty), made himself big and ensured they didn't score. He took one for the team. As there will still the chance to win the game, and that point gained may (albeit unlikely) be enough.

We can't just expect teams to roll over just for us that makes us arrogant don't it, we have to earn the right to win and take our chances when they come on which we failed... Lancaster players don't want to lose just as much as we didn't..

Sat ont shitter
Which is fair enough but they didn't want to win either if they had fought that hard all the way through the season they might have done better, I feel in a way they were cheating their manager and fans by putting in a performance like that when all season they have been average. Same for Clit-are-hore and Kendal.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:40 am

[/quote]

Which is fair enough but they didn't want to win either if they had fought that hard all the way through the season they might have done better, I feel in a way they were cheating their manager and fans by putting in a performance like that when all season they have been average. Same for Clit-are-hore and Kendal.[/quote]

What an absolute load of tosh - cheating their fans and manager all season because they had the temerity to draw with us. Stupid (and totally unfunny) name for Clitheroe because they dared to beat us. No wonder other teams want Salford to win more than us, with the oh so superior attitude of some fans.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:33 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Which is fair enough but they didn't want to win either if they had fought that hard all the way through the season they might have done better, I feel in a way they were cheating their manager and fans by putting in a performance like that when all season they have been average. Same for Clit-are-hore and Kendal.[/quote]

What an absolute load of tosh - cheating their fans and manager all season because they had the temerity to draw with us. Stupid (and totally unfunny) name for Clitheroe because they dared to beat us. No wonder other teams want Salford to win more than us, with the oh so superior attitude of some fans.[/quote]

It isn't tosh why of all the teams raise the performance against us if they could do that in one game why not all of them, if I was their manager I would be asking those questions wouldn't you?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 am

notgnilrad wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
What an absolute load of tosh - cheating their fans and manager all season because they had the temerity to draw with us.
It isn't tosh why of all the teams raise the performance against us if they could do that in one game why not all of them, if I was their manager I would be asking those questions wouldn't you?
I agree with HarryCharltonsCat.

Sides always improve their performances against the bigger and better sides. These performances are a one-off, with the team playing beyond their usual level.

It's very difficult for professional footballers to play above their normal level for a whole season, let alone part-timers.

Darlington are a big draw in this league, owing to our history, fan-base, ambition etc and sides are always going to want to beat us. There's more kudos in beating us than there is in beating Burscough or one of the Ossetts, with the greatest of respect to those sides.

That's just the way it is and it's something we have to deal with. Most sides raise their games when we play, particularly when we're away to them. More often than not this season, we've been able to break them down, sometimes going on to trounce them.

Fact of the matter is that Clitheroe and Kendal were better on the day and beat us. It's as simple as that. To complain about them improving their performances for us just comes across as bitter. If anything, we should take it as a compliment.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:33 am

suspect we would do the same as well. the only thing for Lancaster to play for was to give us a bloody nose and not lose to us - the fact they almost nicked it would've given them even more of a morale boost

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I agree with HarryCharltonsCat.

Sides always improve their performances against the bigger and better sides. These performances are a one-off, with the team playing beyond their usual level.

It's very difficult for professional footballers to play above their normal level for a whole season, let alone part-timers.

Darlington are a big draw in this league, owing to our history, fan-base, ambition etc and sides are always going to want to beat us. There's more kudos in beating us than there is in beating Burscough or one of the Ossetts, with the greatest of respect to those sides.

That's just the way it is and it's something we have to deal with. Most sides raise their games when we play, particularly when we're away to them. More often than not this season, we've been able to break them down, sometimes going on to trounce them.

Fact of the matter is that Clitheroe and Kendal were better on the day and beat us. It's as simple as that. To complain about them improving their performances for us just comes across as bitter. If anything, we should take it as a compliment.
Correct.

Similar circumstances would apply if we had the opportunity to play a Football League side or one of the larger non-league sides such as FC United.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:43 pm

For me, the day we were playing a home game against a side in the same league as us and we started time wasting within the first ten minutes and carried on for the rest of the game and made little or no attempt to try to win that game would be the day I packed it in. They weren't playing Man fooking U.

I wouldn't expect any team to roll over and let us win a match but I if I was a fan of a team and paid my money at home I think it's reasonable to expect them to make some attempt to try to win the game. It's hardly an encouragement for people to come and watch you play and God knows if you've only got 150 coming through the gate you need every fan you can get. I don't think it did them or football any credit at all. It's perfectly reasonable to play a tight game, of course it is, but they took gamesmanship to another level. And the ref should have intervened early over the ridiculous time-wasting tactics which were blatant virtually from kick-off.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:For me, the day we were playing a home game against a side in the same league as us and we started time wasting within the first ten minutes and carried on for the rest of the game and made little or no attempt to try to win that game would be the day I packed it in. They weren't playing Man fooking U.

I wouldn't expect any team to roll over and let us win a match but I if I was a fan of a team and paid my money at home I think it's reasonable to expect them to make some attempt to try to win the game. It's hardly an encouragement for people to come and watch you play and God knows if you've only got 150 coming through the gate you need every fan you can get. I don't think it did them or football any credit at all. It's perfectly reasonable to play a tight game, of course it is, but they took gamesmanship to another level. And the ref should have intervened early over the ridiculous time-wasting tactics which were blatant virtually from kick-off.

You explained it better then I ever could. :lol:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

LoidLucan wrote:For me, the day we were playing a home game against a side in the same league as us and we started time wasting within the first ten minutes and carried on for the rest of the game and made little or no attempt to try to win that game would be the day I packed it in. They weren't playing Man fooking U.

They were exactly the same at Spenny a couple of days earlier,the keeper was slowing the game down even in the first half and the crowd were getting fed up with it and giving him a lot of stick but it was water off a ducks back to him and was giving back as good as he got.He was taking ages with his goal kicks and was just strolling to collect any balls that had gone out of play.Exactly the same throughout the second half and they were not in the least bit interested in winning the game, even when Spenny had a man sent off.Strange tactics in a game that meant little to them so no surprise in the slightest with how they played against us and would have thought this was the way Peacock wanted it.Crazy.

janb
Team Supported: Lancaster

Post by janb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:00 pm

notgnilrad wrote: Which is fair enough but they didn't want to win either if they had fought that hard all the way through the season they might have done better, I feel in a way they were cheating their manager and fans by putting in a performance like that when all season they have been average. Same for Clit-are-hore and Kendal.
In fairness in 2015 we have beaten Bamber Bridge, Northwich, Salford (you're welcome), Mossley, and Droylsden, as well as drawing with Spenny and yourselves. So I don't think gaffer or fans feel that cheated. Darren does like to focus on defence but given our lack of resources particularly in attack its an understandable approach (especially on Saturday without our two best strikers). On Saturday it was just a case of you guys were that much better particularly at the start that we couldn't get out of our own half very much and set the tone of backs to the wall. The two subs you made early in the second seemed to allow us back into it and we had some chances and probably should have taken one.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Beano wrote:

Correct.

Similar circumstances would apply if we had the opportunity to play a Football League side or one of the larger non-league sides such as FC United.

Two things.
1 If we were to play a football league side it would be a one off, probably in a cup game. I would only expect us to play the way Lancaster did if it was a cup game and to get a replay for extra revenue
2 If we were to play FC United and played the same way as Lancaster did, I would be shouting for the manager to leave the club.
When i go to watch a game that involvs Darlington I expect us to at least show some ambition for most of the game

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm

janb wrote:
notgnilrad wrote: Which is fair enough but they didn't want to win either if they had fought that hard all the way through the season they might have done better, I feel in a way they were cheating their manager and fans by putting in a performance like that when all season they have been average. Same for Clit-are-hore and Kendal.
In fairness in 2015 we have beaten Bamber Bridge, Northwich, Salford (you're welcome), Mossley, and Droylsden, as well as drawing with Spenny and yourselves. So I don't think gaffer or fans feel that cheated. Darren does like to focus on defence but given our lack of resources particularly in attack its an understandable approach (especially on Saturday without our two best strikers). On Saturday it was just a case of you guys were that much better particularly at the start that we couldn't get out of our own half very much and set the tone of backs to the wall. The two subs you made early in the second seemed to allow us back into it and we had some chances and probably should have taken one.
The only reason you got chances at the end of the game was because we pushed extra players forward. we went with a formation of 3. 4. 3 as we needed the 3 points.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:43 pm

My opinion wrote:
Beano wrote:

Correct.

Two things.
1 If we were to play a football league side it would be a one off, probably in a cup game. I would only expect us to play the way Lancaster did if it was a cup game and to get a replay for extra revenue
2 If we were to play FC United and played the same way as Lancaster did, I would be shouting for the manager to leave the club.
When i go to watch a game that involvs Darlington I expect us to at least show some ambition for most of the game
No-one was commenting on how they approached the game. The original comments were about them raising their game against us, and cheating their fans the rest of the season by not displaying the same level of performance. Which as the Lancaster fan has pointed out, is not the case.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Exactly, as were my comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk