Lancaster match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Sidarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Lancaster match thread

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Report from today

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2015/ ... rom-grasp/

That feeling at full time today was one of pure despair, Ramsbottom, Rochdale etc

We go again anyway lets make them win the title. If they win next Saturday then we have to refocus and take down our friends at Spenny once again

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:48 pm

I couldn't believe the lack of ambition from a team with nothing to play for...They had no pressure on them to win so could have played with freedom but still wasted time all through the game..
Suppose it was a big result for them getting a home draw against us.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Looking like the play-offs against that lot up the road but a win at Warrington and it goes to the last game and you never know, pressure on Salford for the first time, an early goal against New Mills and gets them looking over their shoulder.Sounds like Lancaster were determined to just stop us winning rather than taking the game to us and many teams this season have massively raised there game against us.I saw Lancaster against Spenny on Tuesday and they played like it was a cup tie and did not seem too interested in winning the game even after Spenny had Peacock sent off.They were well organised but still expected us to get the 3 points and it does my head in thinking that the Salford management duo did us last season also with Ramsbottom.Seems luck deserted us today, but what is galling is the last second goal by Galbraith ruled out for offside which was very marginal apparently.Just wonder whether a wrong refereeing decision has cost us dear just like that clown in last seasons playoffs not sending off the full back in the first minute and amazingly sending of Thommo for simulation.We will be the best team in the playoffs if we end up there, lets go out and prove it.

al_quaker

Lancaster match thread

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm

We gave everything today. Unfortunately it just wouldn't drop for us. Hard to break down a decent team who seemed desperate not to lose. I've never seen such an unambitious team. But still, they can play the game the way they want to.

It's not quite over yet, although I really can't see Salford slipping up next week. However, let's make sure we make them have to win the game to win the league. Pressure can do funny things.

If we end up in the playoffs, I'm more optimistic than last season. Spennymoor are a good side, but we have a great record against them (meaning they will be odds on to win this one...) It will have to be segregated - the idiots on both sides will love a game like this.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Tough game today and just wasn't to be in the end.

Obviously it looks like the play-offs will be how our season ends now but if we can get the win on Tuesday I would love to take the season to the last day. Be interesting to play to the final game with the current intensity rather than drift off before a play off semi.

More dissapointed by some previous results/performances than today and they have gone anyhow. The lads gave it everything in the end against a team who played excellent defensively. The time wasting and running the ball into the corner was a bit odd in the final home game of the season for them but showed they were happy to keep it very tight and use the counter attack as the main attacking option.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:14 pm

What's the score with jameson's suspension?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:16 pm

al_quaker wrote:What's the score with jameson's suspension?
Should be a 1 game ban, which would miss the play off final or first game of next season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:16 pm

We know full well that we are the best team if we end up in the play offs. We have a year of experience, all we have to do is keep the focus over two games, as we have done over the last 6 or 7 games.

That is IF we finish second. Don't give up hope yet.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:21 pm

In Stodds report on the echo he put Jameson ban is one game and its the playoff final

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:23 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Tough game today and just wasn't to be in the end.

The lads gave it everything in the end against a team who played excellent defensively.
I have to agree. If I have one criticism of our lads today it is that we lacked a little bit of guile around the box. Our play was all a bit too narrow for me and too long and it played into their hands. Saying that we had enough chances to win the game comfortably.

I think the play offs will be very tough and I don't see an easy game. The loss of Jameson could be costly. We also need to work out what our best forward line is and the shape of it. I was interested to see we changed the front 2 promptly after half time.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Sidarlo wrote:In Stodds report on the echo he put Jameson ban is one game and its the playoff final
Denying a goal scoring opportunity is 1 match and any ban starts 14 days after the offence. So yep this would be any play off final or first game of next season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Good that Pete will be available for the semi final if need be. We've got a very capable back up in bell for the final if we make it that far. I would like to see him get a run out against new mills in that case so that if we get to the final he has played some sort of football going into it!

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 pm

As much as I hope we play our strongest team in both the next two games. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell played at least one of them, hasn't had a competitive game this season ?? if you take out the weird cups and stuff

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Possibly a trophy game? He hasn't played for a long time that's for sure! Won't weaken us too much by playing him instead of Jameson, and will help us if we make the final. I wouldn't want our goalkeeper going into a playoff final not having played for months

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 pm

What's the score with Watson not starting? I like Galbraith but he is not up to Watson's standard of skill IMHO, thought Hatch did well when he came on and barely missed a flick on, would like to see Armstrong & Hatch pair up sometime

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Personally I prefer Watson their too. Think Gray may play him because of his height and set pieces ? for me since he came Watson has been one of our best players

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:36 pm

What was today's attendance and roughly how many were from Darlo?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:What was today's attendance and roughly how many were from Darlo?
662 was attendance given and say 450/500 Darlo.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Agree that the players gave it a good go and agree that lancaster's tactics were poor.

If portas had hit the ball cleanly then we'd be celebrating a win. Was a very bouncy pitch.

Have to say our play suffered when we made the double sub. We started the second half well and I think we made the subs too early as we were getting on top.

Dowson should have at least stayed on or given another 10 mins. Thought we went too aerial after that.

At least we can play football on the HP pitch

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:13 pm

I think our major problem for the playoffs is going into them deflated. Today had that feeling at the end (you could see it in the players) unlike Ramsbottom last season who went into them delighted just to be involved and without pressure. We'll be going into that situation with the shadow of chucking the title away hanging over us.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:24 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think our major problem for the playoffs is going into them deflated. Today had that feeling at the end (you could see it in the players) unlike Ramsbottom last season who went into them delighted just to be involved and without pressure. We'll be going into that situation with the shadow of chucking the title away hanging over us.
Why are so many people determined to write off the title? Can we at least get that issue resolved before thinking about the play-offs.

Yes it's out of our hands and yes Salford are big favourites, but let's make them cross the finishing line before they can celebrate. Who knows what might happen next week.

And what negative language you've decided to use. "Deflated", "chucked the title away."

Don't ever go into motivational speaking.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Well, the players looked completely deflated at the end today and well yes we did chuck the title away. We had the chance to win the league by a country mile but a major wobble handed it to Salford. That's what actually happened.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:35 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Well, the players looked completely deflated at the end today and well yes we did chuck the title away. We had the chance to win the league by a country mile but a major wobble handed it to Salford. That's what actually happened.
I thought they looked knackered and frustrated, which is understandable. But I wouldn't say they're deflated.

You're very keen to point out the negatives.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 pm

It's because I don't live in Lah Lah Land.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:43 pm

LoidLucan wrote:It's because I don't live in Lah Lah Land.
Neither do I. You resort to being childish if you wish, but the fact is we can still win the title.

It's not beyond the realms it could happen. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Giving in before Salford have crossed the line is gutless and cowardly.

You're being incredibly negative on just about every thread. Really strange.

In fact, looking through your post history, you pop up every time things are negative, but rarely when things are going well.

I think you enjoy it when things go wrong for us.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Yeah, you're right. I was dancing in the aisles this afternoon. Rarely have I left a match feeling more elated.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, you're right. I was dancing in the aisles this afternoon. Rarely have I left a match feeling more elated.
I know you're being sarcastic, but given the way you're carrying on, there's probably an element of truth in your reply.

Of course the result was disappointing (no one's denied that).

But you're showing no spine whatsoever. Maybe you're just a negative person.

I've been optimistic about the situation by pointing out we can still win the title (which you've admitted we can) and you've accused me of being delusional.

I find it really bizarre any Darlo fan would give up so easily. And, looking at your post history, you have previous for making your mouth go after a bad result, yet you're nowhere near as vocal after a positive result.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:11 am

Darlogramps wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, you're right. I was dancing in the aisles this afternoon. Rarely have I left a match feeling more elated.
I know you're being sarcastic, but given the way you're carrying on, there's probably an element of truth in your reply.

Of course the result was disappointing (no one's denied that).

But you're showing no spine whatsoever. Maybe you're just a negative person.

I've been optimistic about the situation by pointing out we can still win the title (which you've admitted we can) and you've accused me of being delusional.

I find it really bizarre any Darlo fan would give up so easily. And, looking at your post history, you have previous for making your mouth go after a bad result, yet you're nowhere near as vocal after a positive result.
Darlogramps - how long have you supported Darlo for?

If it's any longer than two seasons, surely you get why people get downcast so easily? I fully understand your point (which you've made on numerous occasions this season) about staying positive, but seriously, are you surprised that after decades of disappointment, people expect to fail?

I'd like to say the first thoughts that came into my mind after the recent wobbles were things like 'ah well it's still in our hands and there's everything to play for!' as opposed to 'well that's it we're staying down we're sh1te we always blow it etc etc' that instantly sprung to my mind after Farsley, Clitheroe and Northwich....but I bet I was far from the only one!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 am

Gutted about the result yesterday but no reason to be completely down hearted. Sounds like we created the chances to win the game but just couldn't tuck them away, I'd have been far more concerned if we didn't create chances at all at this stage. Lancaster were what I expected, rigid and organised same as they were last season, but missing the threat going forward of Connerton who they had last season.

Like Gramps says lets push Salford all the the way now and win our last 2. That gives us a unbeaten in our last 9 record won 8 drawn 1, which would be better form than anyone going into the playoffs. There is a very different look and feel about the playoffs this year compared to last. Our record against the top 5 has improved and we go into it Played 6, won 5 against the teams we could possibly face. Beaten Spenny twice and they will be without regular GK and Peacock. Bamber Bridge, Beaten them twice, Northwich we beat them away from home shows we can beat them. Also give us a chance to possibly fill two extra games which if you go on a median price of £6 per head would be £24,000. Still plenty of positives and in our own hands in terms of the playoffs.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:02 am

I understand why some fans are deflated and can post what seem like negative comments. I reckon some fans are negative because of what has previously happened over the years and if/when perceived failure arrives, they have already prepared themselves for the ‘let down’ and can probably handle the disappointment better.

Whether you have a positive or negative outlook on Darlo, I think we should respect the viewpoint of whoever is making the comment.

What we’ve had to endure in the last ten years has been immense. Houghton and Singh wrecked the club. The F. A almost ‘buried’ us. In the last three years our club has had a completely different feel about it. Fan owned, run by people who are doing an amazing job. Three years of winning football. Almost 300 points amassed. It’s been brilliant.

The ultimate question right now ………. If we don’t get promoted this year, is it the end of world ? In my opinion , No ! I accept in other people’s opinion, the answer may be Yes.

For me, we’re on a journey back from oblivion. We had no players. No ground. Virtual liquidation. Look at us now ! On the verge of returning back to the town. A well run club. A team full of lads who give it everything, every match.

I’m staying positive whatever happens. We can still win this league. If, not we can win the playoffs.

If not….. we go again next season