Home & Dry

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker Mod
Team Supported: Darlington

Home & Dry

Post by Quaker Mod » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:56 pm

The 3 banana skins of Northwich, Scarborough & Mossley have been dispatched with ease. I can't see any issues moving forwards.
I cannot see us failing now.

darlo reborn

Re: Home & Dry

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Still 3 massive games to play Lancaster have won last 2 home games easily so let`s not count our chickens so to say

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:10 pm

Quaker Mod wrote:The 3 banana skins of Northwich, Scarborough & Mossley have been dispatched with ease. I can't see any issues moving forwards.
To be replaced with the 3 banana skins of Lancaster, Warrington & New Mills.

One game at a time, the next always the hardest.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:15 pm

What we really need is for Ginge to keep predicting that we'll finish second. Since this started, we've won every game. So keep doing it Ginge, even if Salford drop any points.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Definately far to early to count our chickens. We can't afford to be complacent.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Quaker Mod wrote:The 3 banana skins of Northwich, Scarborough & Mossley have been dispatched with ease. I can't see any issues moving forwards.
I hate over confidence.
Anything can happen in the next 3 games for us, and the 2 for Salford.
As has been said, lets just take it one game at a time.

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:00 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:What we really need is for Ginge to keep predicting that we'll finish second. Since this started, we've won every game. So keep doing it Ginge, even if Salford drop any points.
We keep winning, so what do I know, the hare racing the hare, who wins the championship??
We will know soon, but they are the best 2 teams, and the 2nd place team should be favourite to win the playoffs.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 am

Whoever wins will have proven to be an excellent team and really earned the title.

Still think there may be twists and turns and as we're STILL the same club with the history it brings, I fully expect us to spaz it up. Most likely against a bumper crowd. With a trumpet player replacing the drummer so we can all hear "wah, wah, waaaaahhhhhhh" when we concede a 89th minute equaliser so gifting the title to Salford.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:27 am

divas wrote:

Exactly the attitude we need to have, three Cup finals left.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:59 am

"I hate over confidence.
Anything can happen in the next 3 games for us, and the 2 for Salford.
As has been said, lets just take it one game at a time."

Like a poor refereeing decision, someone getting a sending off that is undeserved, a fluke goal. That is why winning 7 games on the bounce would be such a magnificent achievement. You really do need a bit of luck under such circumstances. Let's also not forget that our 6 games before New Mills would have been against teams placed 4th, 8th, 6th,6th, 10th and 8th.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:13 am

Nothing is won yet, it's one game at a time

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 am

Ginge01 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:What we really need is for Ginge to keep predicting that we'll finish second. Since this started, we've won every game. So keep doing it Ginge, even if Salford drop any points.
We keep winning, so what do I know, the hare racing the hare, who wins the championship??
We will know soon, but they are the best 2 teams, and the 2nd place team should be favourite to win the playoffs.
I believe the correct answer should have been, "I predict that we'll finish second" :lol:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:20 am

Imagine if the players thought this. Madness.

I won't be counting our chickens even if we win the next 2 and are 2-0 up at HT v New Mills.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:42 am

No but I`d settle for that now

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:20 am

I'm still not convinced salford won't drop points yet - may not lose but a draw isn't out of the question....saying that the game that worries me the most is Warrington as they will want to beat us at all costs.....If we go into last game level then ill start to think the championship is ours....

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:27 am

Like Vic says, anything can happen in a game of football. One little bit of good or bad luck for either Salford or us, could swing this top place spot.

The situation (to me) is on a knife edge, and ALL of our remaining games will be tense - very tense.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:34 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Like Vic says, anything can happen in a game of football. One little bit of good or bad luck for either Salford or us, could swing this top place spot.

The situation (to me) is on a knife edge, and ALL of our remaining games will be tense - very tense.
Doesn't have to be. If we keep braying teams in the first half hour.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 am

Mods, ban this prick NOW!

As any long-term uncovered lurker will confirm, fate-tempters have been single-handedly responsible for chucking away literally hundreds of favourable results since this forum's inception.

Forget Reynolds and Singh et al - the number of points thrown away by overconfident Darlo Pete posts alone is more or less the sole reason we're not challenging for the League One title right now.
Last edited by Al Sharp on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 am

divas wrote:

This ^

Never count your chickens before they've hatched, it's been a tremendous effort from the lads over the last few weeks but we've won nothing yet. As things stand we are still chasing Salford, not vice versa.

Two huge away games coming up at Lancaster and Warrington and I doubt either, particularly our old mate Reidy will be up for doing us any favours, see where we are after that.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 am

Al Sharp wrote:

As any long-term uncovered lurker will confirm, fate-tempters have been single-handedly responsible for chucking away literally hundreds of favourable results since this forum's inception.

The number of points thrown away by Darlo Pete alone is more or less the sole reason we're not challenging for the League One title right now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll never forget when he famously jinxed us at Wycombe in 2008.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:28 am

We've had some brilliant results from some very tough games, on paper we've faced our toughest tests, however, Kendal and Clitheroe is all the proof you need to take things for granted, all focus should be on a tough game at Lancaster then go from there.

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Ginge01 wrote:
I don't want to go through the drama of the playoffs thanks!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Al Sharp wrote:

Forget Reynolds and Singh et al - the number of points thrown away by overconfident Darlo Pete posts alone is more or less the sole reason we're not challenging for the League One title right now.
Was just thinking that myself when I opened the original post.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Take each game as it comes!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:55 pm

It would be interesting to know whether Salford would prefer to swap their league position for ours.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm sure they'd rather have their future in their own hands, rather than having to rely on others to help them out.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:It would be interesting to know whether Salford would prefer to swap their league position for ours.
They should do.

Anyone who'd rather be in Salford's position (i.e. with it out of their hands) is daft.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Need big crowds for these next 2 away matches and if we are level on the final day against New Mills we should reach capacity.

Henley

Post by Henley » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:54 pm

As soon as I read Quaker Mod's post, I thought "Kitten Stamper".

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Henley wrote:As soon as I read Quaker Mod's post, I thought "Kitten Stamper".
.... :lol: ... you should see his other seven posts .... a proper wind up poolie type ... :roll: