Just back from NORTHWICH match!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Rufusuk
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Rufusuk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 pm

That was the best away performance since the match at Spennymoor. The team started on the front foot, and took the game to Northwich, from the off.

Brown was tremendous....leading from the back.

All of the team played well and put in loads of effort.

The fans performance was brilliant and kept driving the team on, when legs started to struggle.

Tactics were so much better...we attempted to play a passing game rather than just hoof it forward. Clearly the advice from fans at New Mills had been listened to.

The importance of this win and the performance cannot be over emphasized. The team will now be looking forward to the match on Saturday, rather than worrying about it. Also the ripple effect of that result will be felt in Salford.

The was some great 'banter' with the linesman in the 1st half, as he received some 'derision' after he made some awful decisions. "It's a good job we're winning or you would be getting some stick", even brought a smile to his face. After a bovril at half time even he had a good 2nd half.

1st class performance by team and the supporters!

don'tbuythesun

Re: Just back from NORTHWICH match!

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:04 am

After turning up on Saturday and finding the game off those huge black clouds had me worried last night and the hail at half time was horrible. Players worked their socks off and the fans really got behind them. it was a tense last few minutes but thankfully we held out. don't usually stand by the dugout but our coaches are passionate! Well done lads for such a great effort in difficult second half pitch against a big team. Thought the ref was pretty fair and allowed for the conditions.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 am

Rufusuk wrote:That was the best away performance since the match at Spennymoor. The team started on the front foot, and took the game to Northwich, from the off.

Brown was tremendous....leading from the back.

All of the team played well and put in loads of effort.

The fans performance was brilliant and kept driving the team on, when legs started to struggle.

Tactics were so much better...we attempted to play a passing game rather than just hoof it forward. Clearly the advice from fans at New Mills had been listened to.

The importance of this win and the performance cannot be over emphasized. The team will now be looking forward to the match on Saturday, rather than worrying about it. Also the ripple effect of that result will be felt in Salford.

The was some great 'banter' with the linesman in the 1st half, as he received some 'derision' after he made some awful decisions. "It's a good job we're winning or you would be getting some stick", even brought a smile to his face. After a bovril at half time even he had a good 2nd half.

1st class performance by team and the supporters!

The support was awful at New Mills by some,last night superb,you could see the lads chests expanding with pride.....more of the same now to the end of the season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am

Rufusuk wrote:Clearly the advice from fans at New Mills had been listened to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:47 am

I'm glad someone has mentioned the crowd. They stayed behind the lads all the way through the game and it showed. We absolutely, 100% have to do this in each game from now on. Its makes a huge difference. No moaning, back the lads. Football isn't as easy as 'get it down and pass'.

I thought we were superb in the first half last night. Leon Scott and Tom Portas were just about everywhere. We never gave them time to settle and we were closing down all over the shop. Graeme Armstrong was quality as well. Should have notched more than one by the end. We maybe should have had another goal before the break as their keeper made an excellent save. That said Northwich could easily have got one themselves before half time.

They improved a bit after the break which they were bound to do but again we looked solid and hard to break down. The odd few moments when we did look like cracking we put our bodies on the line in horrible conditions. I was proud of their efforts last night.

I know its a cliche but get behind them. We've a part to play ourselves now on match day.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 am

Echo all the comments above. Thought Scott had a great game in sapping conditions but all 12 players used put in a real shift. Cartman responded to the crowd and the crowd responded to Cartman he looked a real threat. We rode our luck a few times, their lad didn't look offside when he was flagged just before the end, but you get what you deserve and we deserved that!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 am

Echo comments above, Armstrong was back to his best last night and really took a battering but put himself around all over, also big shout out for Jameson who made some very important saves.

Big dilemma coming up for Saturday having White back, we need to move Mitchell back into the RM position but Galbraith and Watson are really forming a good partnership on the Left so where does Thommo go? The stability of Portas and Scott currently is working well........

I did notice he was struggling towards the end with his leg so maybe a rest?

Not sure if Dowson will miss the next match as he came off with a tight hamstring but given the effort Cartman put in last night i have no worries of starting with Nathan

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Scott got a 9 and MOTM in today's Echo. It's great to see him returning to his best form for a long time.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Scott got a 9 and MOTM in today's Echo. It's great to see him returning to his best form for a long time.
I cannot understand why Cartman was rated as a 6 - utterly ridiculous and doesn't reflect the impact he had on the game.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Scott got a 9 and MOTM in today's Echo. It's great to see him returning to his best form for a long time.
Didn't quite see that level of performance from him, thought Watson had a great game as did Armstrong

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Beano wrote:
I cannot understand why Cartman was rated as a 6 - utterly ridiculous and doesn't reflect the impact he had on the game.
I agree,what game were they watching,he had a great game against 2 brick outhouse defenders.He even out jumped them a couple of times!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:56 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Beano wrote:
I agree,what game were they watching,he had a great game against 2 brick outhouse defenders.He even out jumped them a couple of times!
Agreed

bga

Post by bga » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Beano wrote:
Maybe if he had played 90 mins. he would have got a 12? Seriously agreed he was much better than a 6. Difficult to pick a MOTM last night as it was a great team performance.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm

The first half was a dominant team performance.

Whilst we were under pressure in the final 15 minutes, we were resilient and restricted them to half chances.

Cartman, despite a much poorer supply to the forwards in the second half due to the appalling conditions, was excellent. Armstrong ran the game and Dowson caused significant problems for Northwich before he was sensibly withdrawn.

Watson, again, was excellent as was Mitchell. Scott performed very well, although Armstrong was the best player on the pitch by a mile, and shielded the defensive very effectively.

If I could make any criticism, it would be that the biggest pressure we faced was when we gave the ball away cheaply in defensive areas, particularly via Brown. But, it was an excellent performance, especially considering the conditions, which made it all the more pleasing.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Absolutely brilliant result last night. Our best away performance probably since Spennymoor. When the legs were tiring the fans gave everything to make sure the players kept going till the end which was great to hear. I thought everyone got behind them last night from the start and it really lifted them.
As said previously, Armstrong was superb and was in the right place at the right time to fire in to the top of the net. Dowson's workrate again was impeccable and Thommo is finding his form at the right time, took a bashing during the 2nd half but kept charging forward to create a number of attacks.
It was very difficult to name a MOTM last night as everyone came out with credit, a real team performance, throwing their bodies in front of the Vics shots at the end. Though I was in sync with the Echo and did say Leon Scott on the way back last night. He's had a bit of stick from certain people on here and from what I've heard at HP, he was everywhere last night, flying into tackles, made things tick and battled all night

We were fantastic, 6 to go!!
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Beano wrote:The first half was a dominant team performance.

Whilst we were under pressure in the final 15 minutes, we were resilient and restricted them to half chances.

Cartman, despite a much poorer supply to the forwards in the second half due to the appalling conditions, was excellent. Armstrong ran the game and Dowson caused significant problems for Northwich before he was sensibly withdrawn.

Watson, again, was excellent as was Mitchell. Scott performed very well, although Armstrong was the best player on the pitch by a mile, and shielded the defensive very effectively.

If I could make any criticism, it would be that the biggest pressure we faced was when we gave the ball away cheaply in defensive areas, particularly via Brown. But, it was an excellent performance, especially considering the conditions, which made it all the more pleasing.
Browny were class always gives 110% he was calm under pressure . Let's not forget whites distribution from the back it terrible most of the time... At least Browny can find a pass from the back..

Sat ont shitter
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:31 pm

A