Reid, Warrington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Reid, Warrington

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I see he,s already started his gamesmanship,says they are ready for mr martin gray and his mob,there,s no love lost between me and Darlington.we want to beat them,

ArmchairDiehard

Re: Reid, Warrington

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:26 pm

If I were Martin Gray I'd be pinning the article up in the dressing room on Saturday afternoon.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 pm

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:14 pm

ArmchairDieHard wrote:If I were Martin Gray I'd be pinning the article up in the dressing room on Saturday afternoon.
Good job you are not - talk about being easy to get to - taking bait like Keegan there.

Opposition manager has inferior side so tries to turn focus on to him instead of what happens on the pitch. Reaction stick up an article about said manager as the focus of team talk before the game.

How about we just treat it as any other game, another team that we have to see off to win the title, another inferior side who if we play as we can will not stand a chance. If we try to fight them we will almost certainly lose.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
ArmchairDieHard wrote:If I were Martin Gray I'd be pinning the article up in the dressing room on Saturday afternoon.
Good job you are not - talk about being easy to get to - taking bait like Keegan there.

Opposition manager has inferior side so tries to turn focus on to him instead of what happens on the pitch. Reaction stick up an article about said manager as the focus of team talk before the game.

How about we just treat it as any other game, another team that we have to see off to win the title, another inferior side who if we play as we can will not stand a chance. If we try to fight them we will almost certainly lose.
Spot on.

Gray and the team's temperament is their biggest weakness. They snap way too easily when wound up.

We saw it v Ramsbottom last year and Salford this.

The best thing to do is ignore Reid's mind games.

If we keep our heads and play to our strengths, we'll tear them apart like we did earlier in the season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 pm

What I still can't work out, is why a team that was so competitive last season (albeit not against us) has struggled this season. I know the cup run will have had an affect, but that was over before Christmas.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

They are somewhat handicapped by having a boss whose huge gob is completely disproportionate to that of his managerial talent.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:29 pm

We absolutely tore them apart last season down there, I remember Amar being absolutely on fire that day. Just let Reid be a gobshite and play all the mind games he wants, just don't rise too it, concentrate on what we have to do. MG needs to just ignore him on the sidelines, and so do our fans. Forget what happened on the opening day, we're better than them and don't have to stoop down to their level.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 pm

At least the players will no what to expect, they won't be taking Warrington lightly.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Cannot understand what that little squirt has against us to come out with comments like that other than the fact we have hammered them 3 times, we are light years ahead of them in terms of status, fan base, attendances etc ,we pride ourselves in being a very well run club with amazing people behind the scenes and our fans have just raised close to £250000 in a couple of weeks to enable us to move to a new stadium. Envy perhaps, a big fish in a small pond, how he must love to be in Martin Grays shoes.We all know the little foul mouthed classless idiot is fairly pally with the 2 Salford management team and sadly this appears to be happening with other clubs from the North West.This is what we are up against as teams without doubt are raising there game against us for whatever reason and if we win this league then by god we will have deserved it. Hopefully those comments by Reid will motivate Martin and the lads even more to a 4th win against them and stick his pathetic comments right up his nasty little backside.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:

You're missing my point. I'm not suggesting we lose our cool or get too hyped up.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Just another game that we need to win, with another game on Tuesday night. Reid is irrelevant and should be kept that way.

One game at a time is the only way and like others have mentioned we will probably know whether we will challenge for the title by Sat 4th April at 4:50pm.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Cannot understand what that little squirt has against us to come out with comments like that other than the fact we have hammered them 3 times, we are light years ahead of them in terms of status, fan base, attendances etc ,we pride ourselves in being a very well run club with amazing people behind the scenes and our fans have just raised close to £250000 in a couple of weeks to enable us to move to a new stadium. Envy perhaps, a big fish in a small pond, how he must love to be in Martin Grays shoes.We all know the little foul mouthed classless idiot is fairly pally with the 2 Salford management team and sadly this appears to be happening with other clubs from the North West.This is what we are up against as teams without doubt are raising there game against us for whatever reason and if we win this league then by god we will have deserved it. Hopefully those comments by Reid will motivate Martin and the lads even more to a 4th win against them and stick his pathetic comments right up his nasty little backside.
I hope to God there are some Liverpool and City fans in some of these teams.........believe me they will love to piss on Nevilley,Scholsey and Giggsys chips.

Will be there Sat if work allows,just hope Reid can refrain from using really foul language within earshot of women and kids unlike last season but not holding my breath on that one.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:59 pm

I've read Martin Gray's comments in the echo and I must say he's done EXACTLY the right thing.

He's called Warrington a good and well respected team and doesn't sink to their level.

Very professional from Gray in the paper, hoping he and the players can continue the professionalism on saturday. DON'T SINK TO THEIR LEVEL

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:14 pm

D_F_C wrote:I've read Martin Gray's comments in the echo and I must say he's done EXACTLY the right thing.

He's called Warrington a good and well respected team and doesn't sink to their level.

Very professional from Gray in the paper, hoping he and the players can continue the professionalism on saturday. DON'T SINK TO THEIR LEVEL
If Martin Gray's tongue had been any further in his cheek when he said they had a "well respected manager" he would have been licking his ear. :D

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 pm

What he said and what he (and a lot of us) think are two different thing...,What he says is reported in the press, what he thinks stays with him alone...Who looks the more dignified after the comments Reid or Gray...Need I say more