Ian Watson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo will
Team Supported: Darlington

Ian Watson

Post by Darlo will » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:43 pm

I would like to see Ian pushed further up the field into the wide left role.

Galbraith's best position in my opinion is left back - I think he is outstanding there. He is decent in centre mid but seems to always be out the game on the wing.

Watson seems to be able to run past players, play killer passes and score the odd goal or two (cracker at Kendal after running half the pitch).

Galbraith at left back also adds a bit of height to the defence which I know Martin Gray likes.

Opinions?
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

JE93

Re: Ian Watson

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Watson is too good at left back for me to want to see him anywhere else. His positioning, tackling, work rate and how comfortable he is on the ball make him a real asset in the FB position. He was a key part in the defense that won so many games in a row keeping a lot of clean sheets. Probably our second best signing of the season behind Portas and narrowly in front of Armstrong.

Plus if you swap the two around where to you play Thompson? Mitchell proved how good he is on the right last Saturday so that position is his, if Watson plays wide left then you're talking about Thompson either in CM which he just isn't, or if you put him as a CAM then you leave a great gaping hole in our midfield with only Portas to cover. Either choice leaves Portas badly exposed as good as he is.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm

He has to stay at left back for me. He is exactly what we need and we need another just like him for right back

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 pm

I wouldnt move Watson, he's the best left back in the league, Galbraith is best off in central midfield alongside Portas

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Darlo will wrote:I would like to see Ian pushed further up the field into the wide left role.

Galbraith's best position in my opinion is left back - I think he is outstanding there. He is decent in centre mid but seems to always be out the game on the wing.

Watson seems to be able to run past players, play killer passes and score the odd goal or two (cracker at Kendal after running half the pitch).

Galbraith at left back also adds a bit of height to the defence which I know Martin Gray likes.

Opinions?
I agree,been saying it for ages.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:51 pm

I like Galbraith as a player but he's not a defender. Watson never gets done by attacking players, Galbraith has done in the past.

Watson still gets forward from LB and delivers (like at New Mills). Gray's decision to sign him was a very good one

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Give me Watson at LB any day. Great MG Acquisition.

Galbraith is versatile, and a squad asset,.... when at LB has had a tendency to get done by the quicker types, particularly on the turn. That said good cover in a crisis.

Darlo will

Post by Darlo will » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:58 pm

I think Watson is our BEST signing of the season.
In fact we haven't really made any bad signings this season that I can remember

I must agree that Watson is a class LB, just wondered what he'd be like further up
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Darlo will wrote:I think Watson is our BEST signing of the season.
In fact we haven't really made any bad signings this season that I can remember

I must agree that Watson is a class LB, just wondered what he'd be like further up
It's an interesting idea and I could imagine him doing well further forward.

However, now isn't the time in the season to be experimenting. We were too unsettled by changes after the Salford game, and the last thing we need to be doing is moving one of our most consistent players into a new position.

He's an excellent left back - now is not the time to disrupt that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY