Nathan Cartman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Nathan Cartman

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Apparently his family don't like watching him play for Darlo because of all the abuse he gets from certain sections of the crowd.
Pathetic form from the usual suspects who think they know everything about football.

charlie

Re: Nathan Cartman

Post by charlie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 pm

Total agreement, Vicki and the two little ones travel to every game and are a pleasure to see at the games. It would be a crying shame if they stopped coming because of the morons

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:29 pm

These idiots should be ashamed with themselves.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 pm

You just know who these people are too, they are always at it. Usually their mouths are as big as their waistlines which takes some doing in most cases.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Come on guys, only criticise the players who's families aren't at the game.

Seriously though, mountain out of a molehill.

Morons? It's football not church.
Last edited by Ingleby on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Ingleby wrote:Come on guys, only criticise the players who's families aren't at the game.

Rubbish, there is criticism and theres downright abuse. The players or their families should not have to put up with it.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:37 pm

We criticise far too easily and expect players to be pretty much top form every game.

Our fans have a professional, full time job attitude of the players generally, not saying some stick, moans, groans at times are not deserved now and again but as a group of fans we do it far too easy.

Partly caused by the number of supporters we have as opposed to much smaller fan based clubs with lower expectations.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:37 pm

loan_star wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Come on guys, only criticise the players who's families aren't at the game.

Rubbish, there is criticism and theres downright abuse. The players or their families should not have to put up with it.
downright abuse? Are you kidding me.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:38 pm

No I'm not kidding because I have heard first hand some of the crap coming out the mouths of certain people who follow the club.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Morons? It's football not church.
I'm going to come to your place of work and shout abuse at you for no reason.

It won't be a mountain out of a molehill then.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:40 pm

loan_star wrote:No I'm not kidding because I have heard first hand some of the crap coming out the mouths of certain people who follow the club.
This is normal at any club. Ok maybe it didn't happen at Harrogate where he could high five all 8 fans without any pressure.

I've heard no abuse at all.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Ingleby wrote:
loan_star wrote:No I'm not kidding because I have heard first hand some of the crap coming out the mouths of certain people who follow the club.
This is normal at any club. Ok maybe it didn't happen at Harrogate where he could high five all 8 fans without any pressure.

Better get some hearing aids then. If you haven't heard anything then you obviously must be hard of hearing. Just try standing in the middle of the shed and say you don't hear some uncalled for abuse.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

loan_star wrote:
Ingleby wrote:

Better get some hearing aids then. If you haven't heard anything then you obviously must be hard of hearing. Just try standing in the middle of the shed and say you don't hear some uncalled for abuse.
You do know his lass and kid don't stand in the middle of the shed though right.

I've heard plenty of encouragement mind. Keep going Nathan, head up Nathan.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Fucks sake, do you have to be so pedantic!! That was merely an example of where to stand if you want to hear some of the abuse. I'm not saying its only coming from there.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Hopefully the individuals concerned will now be ashamed of their behaviour and think twice before opening their gobs.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 pm

The families bit is irrelevant in one sense although understandable. I just don't see the logic in slating Cartman when he was actually getting into decent spaces. Personally, having witnessed the unjustified and frankly targeted crap meted out to Clark Keltie over many years, I don't really want to see another pantomime villain Individual players can rarely be blamed for below par team performances. I've heard a lot of ill informed criticism in my time but today even made me go cold.

Those who have played this game at any level know it is not easy. Strikers more than anybody can suffer lapses of confidence. I'd rather listen to Billy Miller and Martin Gray who can't speak more highly of the lad.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Back to the dark ages.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully the individuals concerned will now be ashamed of their behaviour and think twice before opening their gobs.
If they had the ability to think once, they wouldn't be doing it.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 pm

princes town wrote:The families bit is irrelevant in one sense although understandable. I just don't see the logic in slating Cartman when he was actually getting into decent spaces. Personally, having witnessed the unjustified and frankly targeted crap meted out to Clark Keltie over many years, I don't really want to see another pantomime villain Individual players can rarely be blamed for below par team performances. I've heard a lot of ill informed criticism in my time but today even made me go cold.

Those who have played this game at any level know it is not easy. Strikers more than anybody can suffer lapses of confidence. I'd rather listen to Billy Miller and Martin Gray who can't speak more highly of the lad.
:clap:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Ingleby wrote:Back to the dark ages.
Is that the space between your ears? :roll:

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Hopefully the early substitution of him and Armstrong today is because they'll be starting on Monday. I'd love Nathan to score a couple, off his backside, his kneecap, his nostril, anything. He seems to be a real confidence player and judging by his demeanour over the last few weeks he looks mortified with himself.

I genuinely think that if he could get a little run going it could well be the catalyst we need to crack on and win the league. You don't score thirty odd goals in this league without being a damn good player.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Without bring funny, and I don't slate anyone at games (bar an odd whinge) regardless of whether they have full time 'real' jobs these guys are getting paid to play football in front of us. They know they will get stick, and a measure of abuse, and Cartman isn't getting any where. I stand so it isn't rife and heard all over the ground!. Every football club with a reasonable level of support has some fans who will throw unwarranted abuse, if the players never want to hear it about them then thru should choose the club's with no ambition. This doesn't make it right by any stretch, but when people are spending 60 quid plus to go and watch our level of football you are going to find patience runs thin very quickly when a perceived superstar has 1 goal to his name from open play.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Should be water off a ducks back and as people have said, comes with the territory.

Ultimately he will either come good or continue his relative drought. He knows how good he is and so should his family and the stick shouldn't matter. Let's just hope it's not at the cost of the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:11 pm

shawry wrote:Without bring funny, and I don't slate anyone at games (bar an odd whinge) regardless of whether they have full time 'real' jobs these guys are getting paid to play football in front of us. They know they will get stick, and a measure of abuse, and Cartman isn't getting any where. I stand so it isn't rife and heard all over the ground!. Every football club with a reasonable level of support has some fans who will throw unwarranted abuse, if the players never want to hear it about them then thru should choose the club's with no ambition. This doesn't make it right by any stretch, but when people are spending 60 quid plus to go and watch our level of football you are going to find patience runs thin very quickly when a perceived superstar has 1 goal to his name from open play.
Stop giving these cowardly bullies an excuse.

"Perceived superstar" - are you for real?

He hasn't given himself that tag - it's the same brain-dead arseholes who abuse him who did that.

He's working his backside off and genuinely cares. There is no excuse for shouting any abuse at him.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:16 pm

TDS wrote:Should be water off a ducks back and as people have said, comes with the territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe if he was an experienced full time professional.

But he's not. He's a part-timer who's used to quiet little grounds played in near silence.

Like it or not, that will take time to get used to; so it won't be "water off a duck's back."

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
shawry wrote:Without bring funny, and I don't slate anyone at games (bar an odd whinge) regardless of whether they have full time 'real' jobs these guys are getting paid to play football in front of us. They know they will get stick, and a measure of abuse, and Cartman isn't getting any where. I stand so it isn't rife and heard all over the ground!. Every football club with a reasonable level of support has some fans who will throw unwarranted abuse, if the players never want to hear it about them then thru should choose the club's with no ambition. This doesn't make it right by any stretch, but when people are spending 60 quid plus to go and watch our level of football you are going to find patience runs thin very quickly when a perceived superstar has 1 goal to his name from open play.

He hasn't given himself that tag - it's the same brain-dead arseholes who abuse him who did that.

He's working his backside off and genuinely cares. There is no excuse for shouting any abuse at him.
I haven't said he gave himself that but fans gave him it and unfortunately as a footballer he has to deal with it.

I said perceived not self declared so how about get a fucking grip, I don't have to get real.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:57 pm

shawry wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I haven't said he gave himself that but fans gave him it and unfortunately as a footballer he has to deal with it.

I said perceived not self declared so how about get a fucking grip, I don't have to get real.
Calm down dear. You were the one who said "perceived superstar."

Glad you agree that the fault lies with some fans having unrealistic expectations.

Shame you won't condemn those who abuse him though. Instead you'd rather give them excuses.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 am

Darlogramps wrote:
shawry wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Calm down dear. You were the one who said "perceived superstar."

Glad you agree that the fault lies with some fans having unrealistic expectations.

Shame you won't condemn those who abuse him though. Instead you'd rather give them excuses.
I said perceived not self declared so to be perfectly honest it's clear as fucking day I didn't mean he thought he was a superstar himself.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:22 am

Look, regardless of what level you play at, when you come into a club with a big reputation and for a big fee (relatively speaking) there is going to be a certain level of expectancy. For whatever reason he's not lived up to that expectation so far, unfortunately rightly or wrongly there is going to be some level of criticism, which is only magnified by the position we find ourselves in.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 am

shawry wrote: I said perceived not self declared so to be perfectly honest it's clear as fucking day I didn't mean he thought he was a superstar himself.
You've misunderstood me, which makes your hissy fit even more hilarious.

Read my original reply again.
"He hasn't given himself that tag - it's the same brain-dead arseholes who abuse him who did that."

The second part of that sentence shows quite clearly who I'm saying view him as "superstar." The brain-dead arseholes - not you or Cartman.

For the avoidance of doubt, the "brain-dead arseholes" are the fans who think he should be banging in hat-tricks every week, and abuse him when he doesn't.

So you see, I wasn't attributing it to you. Your little sweary temper tantrum was all a bit silly and unnecessary.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.