The Feethams saga rolls on

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

The Feethams saga rolls on

Post by Quakers1883 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:36 pm

FORZA DARLO

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The Feethams saga rolls on

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Typical sort of thing we have come to expect from Brian Johnson and his cronies at the cricket club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Great comment from you (loan_star) underneath the Echo article.

B.T.W what a heart breaking photo, a digger taking down one of the towers.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:22 am

Come on Shawn a donation from the cricket club out of the proceeds of the sale of the football ground,never going to happen,although it would ease the feeling a little
Of cricket club not helping in our darkest hour,after all we were Partners for over 100 years.would love to be proved wrong but it won't happen,

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:15 am

onewayup wrote:Come on Shawn a donation from the cricket club out of the proceeds of the sale of the football ground,never going to happen
It's worth a try though - what have we got to lose by trying.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:51 pm

The Trust was always stated to be a benefit for the town's sport, so not private and not specifically for cricket. Has the council any records of the trust details on file?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Well, Brian Johnson definitely said that part of the proceeds of the sale either would be invested in other community-oriented sporting initiatives in the town, or that they would consider investing in something outside of cricket - maybe a bit of both.

I remember reading it in back in 2012, in a Northern Echo story from a year or three before then - I'm sure someone at the Echo could trawl through their archives and find the exact quote if they want to do a story on it.

But, for anyone who'd like to read a bit more of the background, here's a Chris Lloyd article, all about the Deed in question...

In search of the truth about Feethams
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Very interesting article Mr Tibbs.

Ps, for our younger readers I would like to point out that Mr Tibbs was the really cool black detective played by Sidney Poitier, in the excellent 60's film "In the heat of the night"

I wonder if our Mr Tibbs is as cool?? :D
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:23 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Very interesting article Mr Tibbs.

Ps, for our younger readers I would like to point out that Mr Tibbs was the really cool black detective played by Sidney Poitier, in the excellent 60's film "In the heat of the night"

I wonder if our Mr Tibbs is as cool?? :D
Only when watching Darlo on a wet Wednesday night in February. :roll:

McGeachie65

Post by McGeachie65 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 am

Regarding Feethams, I am certainly not of the opinion that the issue is over.

Two years ago, under the Freedom of Information Act I obtained from Darlington Council details of the proposed development as well as a copy of the 1903 document laying out conditions regarding establishment of a trust to oversee the ownership, use and management of the site.

I forwarded the following points to Jenny Chapman:

'The stand-out points in these are:

1. That the proposed development has to start within three years of planning permission being granted i.e. before 9th October 2012. The situation is at a critical point if decisions are to be challenged.

2. That the management of the trust is comprised of the Mayor, the current MP, the Town Clerk, four Cricket Club members, and two Subscribers' Members (appointed by the committee). Who are the latter, how impartial are they, and have you, as MP, been included in their election and in any discussions relating to the development?

3. The committee have the capacity to 'from time to time.....sell and dispose of or exchange......any portion of the said premises which in the opinion of the committee cannot usefully be applied for the purposes aforesaid'. This is clearly not the case, given, the needs of the Football Club and, indeed, the future needs of the town in general. I would like to know the justification given by Messrs Johnson and Co to attempt this development in the light of this.

4. The trustees of Feethams Cricket Field Trust, as well as Messrs Johnson and Haggie, include one Maria Theresia Magdalena Laughton, of 43, Ravenscourt Gardens, London W6 0TU (Hammersmith). Who exactly is this individual, and how has she acquired a position to influence the future of the town?

I write to you again, with these points, as I care about not only the Football Club, but the direction of the town. To me decisions here have been hijacked by a small group of, in some cases anonymous, individuals, who clearly do not share my concerns regarding the overall balance and future of facilities. Feethams is a gem of a site - we should ensure its protection for future generations, as was originally intended.'

To me there are still many unanswered points which have been ignored by the Cricket Club, and the broader issue of the use of the land still stands.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 am

McGeachie65 wrote:I forwarded the following points to Jenny Chapman:

Forwarded the info two years ago or recently?

It's obviously too late for the land now, but I.M.O. it's not too late for the substantial sum of money to be distributed more fairly.

It all seems a murky business.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:50 am

What is very clear is that a coach and horses has been driven through the trust and its original intentions in the way this has been handled. And for Johnson to say its a private matter and nothing to do with the public is a disgrace.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 am

This whole sorry saga is mired in controversy from day one. It the land was given to the people of Darlington held in trust by the cricket club,solely for the purpose of sports activities,nowhere does it mention for the sole benefit of cricket club,or for building factories or houses,it was solely for outdoor sports activity. Jenny chapman
needs to get her act together and help retain it's trust function.the football club have now moved on

McGeachie65

Post by McGeachie65 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Points forwarded to Jenny Chapman in July 2012. Apologies for error.

All the documents are freely available.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:01 pm

McGeachie65 wrote:Regarding Feethams, I am certainly not of the opinion that the issue is over.

Two years ago, under the Freedom of Information Act I obtained from Darlington Council details of the proposed development as well as a copy of the 1903 document laying out conditions regarding establishment of a trust to oversee the ownership, use and management of the site.

I forwarded the following points to Jenny Chapman:

'The stand-out points in these are:

1. That the proposed development has to start within three years of planning permission being granted i.e. before 9th October 2012. The situation is at a critical point if decisions are to be challenged.

2. That the management of the trust is comprised of the Mayor, the current MP, the Town Clerk, four Cricket Club members, and two Subscribers' Members (appointed by the committee). Who are the latter, how impartial are they, and have you, as MP, been included in their election and in any discussions relating to the development?

3. The committee have the capacity to 'from time to time.....sell and dispose of or exchange......any portion of the said premises which in the opinion of the committee cannot usefully be applied for the purposes aforesaid'. This is clearly not the case, given, the needs of the Football Club and, indeed, the future needs of the town in general. I would like to know the justification given by Messrs Johnson and Co to attempt this development in the light of this.

4. The trustees of Feethams Cricket Field Trust, as well as Messrs Johnson and Haggie, include one Maria Theresia Magdalena Laughton, of 43, Ravenscourt Gardens, London W6 0TU (Hammersmith). Who exactly is this individual, and how has she acquired a position to influence the future of the town?

I write to you again, with these points, as I care about not only the Football Club, but the direction of the town. To me decisions here have been hijacked by a small group of, in some cases anonymous, individuals, who clearly do not share my concerns regarding the overall balance and future of facilities. Feethams is a gem of a site - we should ensure its protection for future generations, as was originally intended.'

To me there are still many unanswered points which have been ignored by the Cricket Club, and the broader issue of the use of the land still stands.

The only thing I can find is:

MARIA THERESA MAGDALENA LAUGHTON
Born: 1945
Nationality: GERMAN
Post town: 1936 VERBIER

Country of residence: SWITZERLAND

Company Director working for: MARIA THERESA MAGDALENA LAUGHTON worked in companies HW GROUP SERVICES LIMITED, 48 GRAND PARADE LIMITED as COMPANY DIRECTOR, DIRECTOR.

Description of company activities:
81100 , SIC Description: Combined facilities support activities and Industry: Administrative and support service activities.

now no trace of current activity, assumed to be retired, age 70.

So, no idea what she has to do with anything, perhaps nothing. Wouldn't be the first time a trustee just stopped being a trustee and wasn't replaced.

Anyway, happy hunting.

I would have thought two women with exactly that name living in London is still a remote chance.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:05 pm

The Northern Echo have greater experience and contacts to probe further. May be a story there.

As far as I know, she never played cricket. :thumbup: :D

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

Cricket Club always were arrogant arseholes , so this is no great suprise to me...

Seem to remember them kicking off when we built new east stand as no one went drinking post match in their shitty cricket club anymore so they tried to restrict access to east stand or summat?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

To be honest asking DCC to make a "significant donation" towards the development at Blackwell Meadows is like asking Scott & Sizer to do the same from the proceeds of the sale of the Arena to DMP.

Unfortunately the sale of the land at Feethams has nothing to do with the Football Club or anyone else, they have no legal obligation to give us anything. I can imagine Brian Johnson had a good chuckle when it was even suggested!

As has been said above, Johnson is a lawyer by trade and will have made sure the Cricket Club were soul beneficiaries of the sale of the of the former football ground site.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 pm

If i remember correctly, wasnt the owner of the property behind the south terrace the mystery swiss person named.
Think before posting

Haji el Maveric

Post by Haji el Maveric » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

As I said on Facebook the cricket club are a bunch of c****.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:54 pm

[quote="quaker4life"]To be honest asking DCC to make a "significant donation" towards the development at Blackwell Meadows is like asking Scott & Sizer to do the same from the proceeds of the sale of the Arena to DMP.

Unfortunately the sale of the land at Feethams has nothing to do with the Football Club or anyone else, they have no legal obligation to give us anything. I can imagine Brian Johnson had a good chuckle when it was even suggested!

As has been said above, Johnson is a lawyer by trade and will have made sure the Cricket Club were soul beneficiaries of the sale of the of the former football ground site.[/quote]

If this is right, we're ok. Nobody at the cricket club has a soul. Different scenario though if you meant sole beneficiaries. :thumbup: ( :o & :shock: )

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:
quaker4life wrote:To be honest asking DCC to make a "significant donation" towards the development at Blackwell Meadows is like asking Scott & Sizer to do the same from the proceeds of the sale of the Arena to DMP.

As has been said above, Johnson is a lawyer by trade and will have made sure the Cricket Club were soul beneficiaries of the sale of the of the former football ground site.[/quote]

If this is right, we're ok. Nobody at the cricket club has a soul. Different scenario though if you meant sole beneficiaries. :thumbup: ( :o & :shock: )
How ironic, you try and correct someone's spelling on the internet and then manage to bugger the quote up ;)

I usually get the two mixed up, too lazy to check/correct but either way if Johnson himself was anything to go by then it is true, they are all soleless! :wave:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly