AVERAGE ATTENDANCE AND NUMBER OF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

nlemecfc
Team Supported: Exeter

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE AND NUMBER OF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Post by nlemecfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Good afternoon all asked great news to hear you're hopefully returning to Darlington as some of my favourite away trips were to the old ground even though we got postponed three times one season!

A few quick questions please.

What is your average home attendance currently and what do you expect this to increase to if you get back?

Similarly what's your average season ticket sales and what do you how to increase to on your return?

Cheers, Neil

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: AVERAGE ATTENDANCE AND NUMBER OF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:07 pm

1020 is our average home attendance this season - way more than anyone else in this league.

No one can predict the future but the feeling is that moving back to Darlo will significantly boost this, if the team is producing.

I think the Exeter postponements happened at about the time Reynolds took over as I remember G.R. walking around Feethams waving his scarf when the game eventually happened. This was maybe 98 or 99.

That the night there was a feeling of expectation as we'd just been saved by a millionaire.....................................if only we knew what was round the corner.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:19 pm

nlemecfc wrote:Good afternoon all asked great news to hear you're hopefully returning to Darlington as some of my favourite away trips were to the old ground even though we got postponed three times one season!

What is your average home attendance currently and what do you expect this to increase to if you get back?

Similarly what's your average season ticket sales and what do you how to increase to on your return?

Cheers, Neil
Neil I would expect us to double our attendance to 2,000 on our return.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:
nlemecfc wrote:Good afternoon all asked great news to hear you're hopefully returning to Darlington as some of my favourite away trips were to the old ground even though we got postponed three times one season!

Cheers, Neil
I think you are being far too optimistic, assume you mean 2k average over the season. An average of 1500 would be excellent imo, maybe it might be a bit higher if boosted by interest in first 2/3 home matches.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

As long as we have a 3,000 capacity ground, we'll average 2,000.

Look at Maidstone and they're a smaller club than us.

Look at the crowds that Chester were getting at this level, at home. Telford, Halifax, and so on... OK Telford and Halifax didn't average 2,000 but they are smaller clubs, but the point is that their crowds at this level were as good or better than in the Conference - I expect a winning Darlo team, back home with all the excitement surrounding our long anticipated return to do at least the same and equal or better our final two or three seasons crowds at the Arena.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Cheers, Neil
Not a chance 2000

Sat ont shitter

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:17 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Cheers, Neil
Not a chance 2000

Sat ont shitter
Every chance 2000!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Cheers, Neil
Not a chance 2000

Sat ont shitter
Every chance 2000!
We struggled to get 2000 at the Arena, why would we get 2000 playing in the league we are in now... We have about 700 hard core so where would the other 1300 come from???? Just because we are back in Darlo doesn't automatically mean 2000+... If you remember people moaned about the distance up to the Arena so isn't it about the same distance to BM????

Sat ont shitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:26 pm

I'd go for an average of 2000 next season, but if we're near the top of whatever division we play in next season, we could get towards 2500 as our average.

Ash

Post by Ash » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Cheers, Neil
Not a chance 2000

Sat ont shitter
Every chance 2000!
We struggled to get 2000 at the Arena, why would we get 2000 playing in the league we are in now... We have about 700 hard core so where would the other 1300 come from???? Just because we are back in Darlo doesn't automatically mean 2000+... If you remember people moaned about the distance up to the Arena so isn't it about the same distance to BM????

Sat ont shitter
Don't forget we were paying 18 quid a ticket to watch our team getting beaten most weeks. It out me off more than once. I reckon 1500 more likely but wouldn't at all be surprised if it was 2k.

Weren't we closer to 2k first season at HP? We've seen the support is there even at this level, a move back to Darlo would make all the difference.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:17 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote: Not a chance 2000
It will be reality and you will be wrong.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

Quakerz wrote:
Hope I'm proved wrong Quakers, but I'm afraid we will b still in the same league next year and if we don't start well fan will dwindle and where will we be then... Living beyond our mean again?????

Sat ont shitter

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Living beyond our mean again?????
If we are we will adjust our living to meet our means again?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:42 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Hope I'm proved wrong Quakers, but I'm afraid we will b still in the same league next year and if we don't start well fan will dwindle and where will we be then... Living beyond our mean again?????

Sat ont shitter
You sound like right a barrel of laughs.

Try not to depress anyone on your way out.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am

I'm expecting minimum 1500 when back in Darlo. If we are going well, then we could get 2000+. The history of other teams who have had similar journey's as ourselves suggest that this is perfectly achievable.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:14 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Sat ont shitter
If crowds aren't 2,000 how exactly will we be living beyond our means?

There is no way Martin Jesper is going to forecast cash flow based on crowds of 2,000 just because a man on the internet said that was what the crowds were going to be.

He will have instead made a reasonable estimate on a much lesser figure - therefore we will still be within budget if we don't get near my prediction of 2,000.

But when we do average 2,000 it will leave a nice little suplus for us to carry forward.

Win/win.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote: You sound like right a barrel of laughs.

This forum really needs a kudos button.

Take this as a +1.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:45 pm

I expect a minimum of 700 Season ticket holders, but the average crowds will depend on what league we are in.

Worst case scenario:

Forming a new club & team, building a new ground, winning a league and being in play-offs twice would be no mean achievement, especially when denied FA cup and FA trophy income by the FA.

I would be conservative and say attendances of about 1,300 in the present league and 1,600 in the one above, as there was a lot of bad PR that sticks and smells from 3 periods of administration.

With promotions looming & cup run probabilities we could expect more public turning up, so crowds of 3,000 can be a possibility seen next season.

I miss the away trips to Exeter and the friendly travelling fans there. Liked your old clubhouse (& free barbecue), bit better than the school house.

One game was postponed when our supporters bus was in your high street though, about the same era as our postponement at Feethams (99?).

Your beer and pasties were always better than Torquay's and we enjoyed the anti-Torquay and Plymouth Gargoyle banter from your fans joining our ranks at Plainmoor.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 pm

I wonder what plans the club has going forward, if and when we need to increase our capacity beyond 3000?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Sat ont shitter
You sound like right a barrel of laughs.

Realist... People are getting carried away, small steps and all that..

Sat ont shitter

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:57 pm

I'd be happy with an average of 1,500-1,600. I think in the first few games the attendances will be a bit swollen so could be pushing towards 2,000, especially if we're coming home off the back of a promotion. There's always the chance that local interest games possibly against the likes of; Spenny, Blyth, Whitby etc or a good cup run could see a couple of swollen gates too.

Averaging around 1,500 would give us ample capital for a competitive budget. This can then be added to with surplus from one off swollen crowds (local and cup games) which aren't budgeted for.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:17 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: You sound like right a barrel of laughs.

Realist... People are getting carried away, small steps and all that..

Sat ont shitter
One thing I despise is people who are overly negative and then go "I'm just being realistic."

No - you're being a depressing tosser. How about some optimism for once?

Win tomorrow and we go top. We've just raised nearly a quarter of a million pounds in a bloody fortnight to fund a return to Darlo.

And yet here you are twisting on "We won't get decent attendances", "We're not getting promotion this season", "We'll be living beyond our means next season."

You are being overly negative. Why? Idiocy or attention seeking I'd guess. There's absolutely no need for it.

As Dave Mills said at the fans' forum - glass half full, not half empty. Pointing out all the negatives won't get us anywhere.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:55 pm

The apathy some of our own so called supporters spout on here is absolutely pathetic,get a grip of yourselves,we are you going to get promoted end of.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Definitely get 2,000 average know loads of fans who will go to the games once back in Darlo. Can't wait will also go to every game now as well rather then picking and choosing which one. :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 pm

People are entitled to their opinion. Who is being realistic, only time will tell.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:People are entitled to their opinion. Who is being realistic, only time will tell.
Generic clichés Pete. Still, keeps your post count ticking over I suppose.

Only focusing on negative points is not an opinion. It's deliberate, blinkered thinking.

People can be entitled to their opinion, but being pessimistic while ignoring the greater picture is ridiculous.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:48 pm

FC Halifax managed 1,432 and Chester FC averaged 2,382 at this level of football.

Maidstone United jumped from 377 to 1,698 when they returned home (at Step 4). Then jumped up to 1,821 the season after (most probably due to promotion to step 3).

Even if we are still playing at Step 4 next season, there is no reason why a fan-owned, winning team at £9 a head, playing back in Darlington, cannot attract around 2,000 fans on average.

Please remember we attracted c1,600 when in administration, in that soul-less bowl at £18 a go. Saturday crowds against teams such as Kettering and Ebbsfleet were close to 1,800. Mid-weekers against Luton and Wrexham (with little travelling support) hit c1,400. Oh, and we were appalling (due to obvious reasons).

Even if we then get promoted to Step 3 and a little novelty wore off, you still have local games such as Whitby and Blyth, then possible games against Spennymoor and Scarborough as well, to swell the crowds a bit.

Glass half full I'm afraid.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:People are entitled to their opinion. Who is being realistic, only time will tell.
Generic clichés Pete. Still, keeps your post count ticking over I suppose.

Only focusing on negative points is not an opinion. It's deliberate, blinkered thinking.

People can be entitled to their opinion, but being pessimistic while ignoring the greater picture is ridiculous.
People that predicted less optomistic crowds, might say that people who are predicting better crowds are being over positive.

If we get promotion I'd expect the day admission prices to increase by at least a £1.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:People are entitled to their opinion.
That doesn't mean their opinion is right, or that all opinions are equal. You need to be able to back up your opinion otherwise it's worthless.

And calling something an "opinion" doesn't exempt it from criticism. You can have your opinion and I can have my opinion on your opinion.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Think crowds will be 1750 - 2000 if Darlo go up this season,think the optimism of a return to Darlo cant be underestimated.