Match Vs Prescot

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Match Vs Prescot

Post by JE93 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:41 pm

With all the positives that are happening off the pitch it's time to get back to positives on the pitch now, last week is behind us ad it would be great to get out on the pitch and give ourselves a convincing win. Spenny have a tough game with Warrington after both were beaten in mid-week, Northwich have a weekend off and Salford on paper are likely to beat Ossett. Although anything can happen in football we have to start our run in strongly now to put pressure on everyone around us.

As for the team to play I have no idea what team we'll play on saturday so i've broken it down to sections.

Defence
The basis for the team should be the back four that has kept us so many clean sheets this season, so if they're all fit i would go for:

Jameson

Brown, White, Hunter, Watson.

Midfield
But infront of them it's very difficult to decide. Do we try and stick with the formation we've used this season, try and use our wide players to influence the game:

Mitchell, Galbraith, Portas, Thompson.

Or we could go for last season's preferred tactic with something like:

Galbraith, Portas, Scott.(CM)

Thompson (CAM)

Forwards
Then up front it's even more difficult with 4 players all with their merits battling it out. If we go for a regular 2 up front:

Armstrong and Dowson/Cartman

Or against a lower level side could we try something different and go for 3 up front:

Cartman, Armstrong/Hatch, Dowson. (could even substitute Thompson as a 3rd striker)

Lot's of options to give Martin (and myself) a few headaches while pondering over. Whatever the formation or the players lets get behind the team and get a good win on the board going into Mondays game with New Mills where we could go back to top of the league.

My prediction: Darlo 4 - 0 Prescot (Attendance: 1112)

poppyfield

Re: Match Vs Prescot

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Its a difficult one with a number of the team not playing well in the last game, I would agree on the back 4 (with one proviso if White gets a yellow for decent he gets subbed straight away we cant afford to go down to 10 men for that type of indiscipline) Galbraith did not play well last Saturday so Mitchell moves up to midfield, Hatch definitely looks up for it at the moment so he should get the nod over Armstrong, Dowson/Cartman up front take you pick I have gone for Cartman to start and bring on Dowson 2nd half

Jameson
Mitchell, Portas, Scott,Thompson,
Hatch, Cartman,
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:44 pm

JE93 wrote:With all the positives that are happening off the pitch it's time to get back to positives on the pitch now, last week is behind us ad it would be great to get out on the pitch and give ourselves a convincing win. Spenny have a tough game with Warrington after both were beaten in mid-week, Northwich have a weekend off and Salford on paper are likely to beat Ossett. Although anything can happen in football we have to start our run in strongly now to put pressure on everyone around us.

As for the team to play I have no idea what team we'll play on saturday so i've broken it down to sections.

Defence
The basis for the team should be the back four that has kept us so many clean sheets this season, so if they're all fit i would go for:

Jameson

Midfield
But infront of them it's very difficult to decide. Do we try and stick with the formation we've used this season, try and use our wide players to influence the game:

Mitchell, Galbraith, Portas, Thompson.

Or we could go for last season's preferred tactic with something like:

Galbraith, Portas, Scott.(CM)

Thompson (CAM)

Forwards
Then up front it's even more difficult with 4 players all with their merits battling it out. If we go for a regular 2 up front:

Armstrong and Dowson/Cartman

Or against a lower level side could we try something different and go for 3 up front:

Cartman, Armstrong/Hatch, Dowson. (could even substitute Thompson as a 3rd striker)

Lot's of options to give Martin (and myself) a few headaches while pondering over. Whatever the formation or the players lets get behind the team and get a good win on the board going into Mondays game with New Mills where we could go back to top of the league.

My prediction: Darlo 4 - 0 Prescot (Attendance: 1112)
Pretty much agree with your 4-4-2 team.

I would have Dowson starting then a difficult choice between Armstrong & Cartman. Perhaps just Cartman

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Thommo either has to be given a free role or dropped IMO. I'd rather the former but Armstrong could really do with getting some ammo from wide areas.

Looking forwards to seeing Mitchell back on the wing

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Dowson should definately start, as he seems to be our most potent attacking threat.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Back four is straightforward and a hell of a lot stronger with White back.

Like Divas, I think our mercurial talisman Thommo is currently delivering one cross for every 750 minutes or something from the right wing so let's knock that on the head. Either stick him back on the left, free role, or drop.

We need Mitchell's energy back in midfield so that will strengthen us. Up front is tricky...if we could gaurantee the Dowson performance from the Lancaster game he'd start - if it was the performance from the Northwich game then no chance.

I'd stick with Cartman - I think that if he could bag a couple he's likely to have a prolific spell so for me I'd take the risk.
So-
Jameson
Brown, White,Hunter, Watson
Portas, Galbraith, Mitchell,
Thompson,
Cartman, Armstrong

Hopefully the back four with Portas in front gives a good base to let the rest crack on and attack. It's great being manager, isn't it?!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:37 pm

^ my starting XI also

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Don't think we need to complicate much just go back to what has worked so well until Salford.

Jameson
Brown
White
Hunter
Watson

Mitchell
Portas
Galbreith
Thompson

Armstrong
Dowson
no need any masterclass tactics tomorrow

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Todays team is out, Watson injured. we line up:

Jameson

Brown
White
Bell
Galbraith

Mitchell
Portas
Scott
Thompson

Armstrong
Cartman

Subs: Bell, Hatch, Weldon, Dowson and Mota

(i thought Weldon had gone to play in America?)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Bell in central defence?

What happened to Cartwright?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Ginge01

Post by Ginge01 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Spyman wrote:Bell in central defence?

What happened to Cartwright?
It's Hunter with White.
Cartman upfront with Armstrong

Weird game.

Defensive mix up 0-1

Galbraith penalty saved