£225000 reached

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

trevstanley
Team Supported: Newcastle

Re: £225000 reached

Post by trevstanley » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:57 am

Great news lads. Must have been my £10 a month that pushed you over the target ! ;)

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:59 am

Absolutely brilliant effort.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:For most of us, this will be the 4th stadium that we will watch Darlo in.

I wonder how many other clubs can match this?

Martin Gray has a connection to them all. Played at Feethams/assistant manager at The Arena/Manager at H.Park/and most probably manager at Blackwell.
That's some niche trivia there fella!

The key to this will be clubs who have had a temporary home-from-home: from the professional leagues the only one I can think of is Brighton:

- Goldstone Ground
- Priestfield (Gillingham)
- That running track in Hove (Withdean?)
- Amex

liamsears

Post by liamsears » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 am

Slightly different but Coventry City

- Highfield Road
- Ricoh Arena (when they were tenants and the Council owned it)
- Sixfields (when Northampton let them groundshare)
- Ricoh Arena again (now as tenants of Wasps)

liamsears

Post by liamsears » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:06 am

trevstanley wrote:Great news lads. Must have been my £10 a month that pushed you over the target ! ;)
Every pound collected counts so your £10 a month is as important to the clubs as every other amount collected. A great way of showing to the world that DFC is still alive and kicking no matter what has happened in the past. No egomaniacs, no money-grabbing bas*ards, just good honest football folk wanting a club to support. If others can't see this then it's them that have the blinkers on, not the fans of DFC.

oldskool han69

Post by oldskool han69 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Stuning great news well done every one !

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Superb effort,I would have had a go myself but its so far for me I dont make home games.

Still putting in my £10 a month B2D though.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:21 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Superb effort,I would have had a go myself but its so far for me I dont make home games.

Still putting in my £10 a month B2D though.
Given where you are, your efforts are very much appreciated. That goes for all our fans in far flung places home and abroad.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
D_F_C wrote:really impressed. I thought it looked a tall order.

I have concerns regarding the future income, but hopefully they will prove frivolous
Cetainly a concern but a number of ways it will be counteracted.

Presume no debt payments once the final 40k is cleared.
If we sell 350, 5 year ST's and then increase attendances on average by 350 then no loss at all.
More corporate/sponsorship.
More matchday income generally as in Darlington.

Probably so many other ways to increase revenue with being back in Darlington.

Nothing a good cup run wouldn't also improve, especially if we get some hone games.

Don't forget the 100% income from high profile and lucrative pre-season friendlies for opening Blackwell Meadows.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 pm

liamsears wrote:Slightly different but Coventry City

- Highfield Road
- Ricoh Arena (when they were tenants and the Council owned it)
- Sixfields (when Northampton let them groundshare)
- Ricoh Arena again (now as tenants of Wasps)
Chester had to play at Macclesfield for some years

Bristol Rovers did a lot roving as well in Bath and Bristol.

AFC Wimbledon still playing at Kingstonian, after the Plough Lane snatch.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:06 am

Bish themselves have had at least four grounds in recent times. Kingsway, Shildon, Spenny and HP. Anywhere else?

There will be quite a few non league teams. Wealdstone will be up there. Five that I can think of, and that doesn't include the ground they started, couldn't afford to finish and Barnet moved into.

In Scotland, Queens Park have played home games at a hatfull of grounds. Three different Hampden's. Lesser Hampden. and Airdrie most recently. They also play in black and White hoops.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:44 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
D_F_C wrote:really impressed. I thought it looked a tall order.

I have concerns regarding the future income, but hopefully they will prove frivolous
Cetainly a concern but a number of ways it will be counteracted.

Presume no debt payments once the final 40k is cleared.
If we sell 350, 5 year ST's and then increase attendances on average by 350 then no loss at all.
More corporate/sponsorship.
More matchday income generally as in Darlington.

Probably so many other ways to increase revenue with being back in Darlington.

Nothing a good cup run wouldn't also improve, especially if we get some hone games.

Don't forget the 100% income from high profile and lucrative pre-season friendlies for opening Blackwell Meadows.
Surely there must be some doubt that the ground will be ready for the start of the league season, rather than for pre-season friendlies. Bigger clubs would like guarantees that the ground would be ready, will we be in a position to do that?

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:45 am

Theres plans in place to carry on at Heritage Park so its not nailed on we will be there, theres alot of work to be done, still even if we could get Sunderland back to Heritage Park its still a nice little earner, they seem to waive there percentage of money when they play us

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 am

Ideally we could set up a game against each of the 3 top sides in the region to coincide with pre-season at our new 3000 capacity ground. This would set us up well for the new season, and would go a long way to offset that seasons 500club memberships.

This has probably been answered, but Im assuming the £700 from Darlo Uncovered has been presented to the club, and the £12k in the back to darlo fund has already been accounted for in the £225k

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:42 pm

shawry wrote:Ideally we could set up a game against each of the 3 top sides in the region to coincide with pre-season at our new 3000 capacity ground. This would set us up well for the new season, and would go a long way to offset that seasons 500club memberships.

This has probably been answered, but Im assuming the £700 from Darlo Uncovered has been presented to the club, and the £12k in the back to darlo fund has already been accounted for in the £225k
That's what we're saying, the new ground is very unlikely to be open for pre-season friendlies, so talking of getting 3000 is unrealistic. I doubt if the club would want to play Newcastle in a pre-season game, as it is not likely to be very friendly with the way their fans behaved at our last pre-season game against them is anything to go by.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:52 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Theres plans in place to carry on at Heritage Park so its not nailed on we will be there, theres alot of work to be done, still even if we could get Sunderland back to Heritage Park its still a nice little earner, they seem to waive there percentage of money when they play us
In these days of greed what a great gesture that was by Sunderland,great club and great fans.

LLB
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by LLB » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:33 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Bish themselves have had at least four grounds in recent times. Kingsway, Shildon, Spenny and HP. Anywhere else?There will be quite a few non league teams. Wealdstone will be up there. Five that I can think of, and that doesn't include the ground they started, couldn't afford to finish and Barnet moved into.

In Scotland, Queens Park have played home games at a hatfull of grounds. Three different Hampden's. Lesser Hampden. and Airdrie most recently. They also play in black and White hoops.
Yep you missed out Darlington Road, West Auckland. Left Kingsway in 2002 and then shared with Shildon, Poors & West until Oct 2010 when HP was opened....think yourselves lucky you have had a nice ground like HP to call your temporary home ;) :!: Anyway we survived some very dark days and lived to fight on! Steve Salvin our former captain played for us at all x5 grounds too!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:32 pm

shawry wrote:This has probably been answered, but Im assuming the £700 from Darlo Uncovered has been presented to the club, and the £12k in the back to darlo fund has already been accounted for in the £225k
I'd guess that the £12k in the B2D is still separate - it was a ring-fenced fund so I'm sure we'll see how much is raised by the 4th April before deciding whether that money needs to be touched.

The fund will actually be slightly higher than it says on the totaliser - there are monthly standing orders keeping it ticking upwards, but it seems to get updated when we get a boost from a fund-raising event, such as the ABBA night which is coming up in April (which is being sponsored by the man who updates the totaliser, by the way :clap: )

trevstanley

Post by trevstanley » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
shawry wrote:Ideally we could set up a game against each of the 3 top sides in the region to coincide with pre-season at our new 3000 capacity ground. This would set us up well for the new season, and would go a long way to offset that seasons 500club memberships.

That's what we're saying, the new ground is very unlikely to be open for pre-season friendlies, so talking of getting 3000 is unrealistic. I doubt if the club would want to play Newcastle in a pre-season game, as it is not likely to be very friendly with the way their fans behaved at our last pre-season game against them is anything to go by.
That was a load of mindless idiots . We have now got a restriction that only members can apply for away games and you know we're not all the same. I'm putting my £10 a month in for you and i know a few others are putting money in. I'm sure Ashley will consider any request. ;)

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:59 pm

The B2D fund total has just been updated, so we have about 13K in there now.

The image in my post above shows the latest total.

Just a reminder that regular small monthly amounts are very welcome from anyone but, for those people who can't get to many games but who still would like to contribute to the move home somehow, then please consider making a regular payment directly to B2D if you haven't already done so.

If you have online banking you can set up a standing order in just a couple of minutes.

How to donate

To donate by PayPal click the button near the top of the page at http://www.backtodarlo.co.uk.

For monthly standing orders or a one off donation please send monies to the following account:

“Back to Darlo”
Santander Bank
Sort code: 09-01-28
Account no: 53718391

To pay by cheque please make cheque payable to
“Back to Darlo” and send to

Back to Darlo
c/o Blackwell Meadows
Grange Road
Darlington
County Durham
DL1 5NR

Please quote your name in the reference area when using internet banking and, on the back of your cheque, include your name and address.

Thanks
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:10 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:The B2D fund total has just been updated, so we have about 13K in there now.

Just a reminder that regular small monthly amounts are very welcome from anyone but, for those people who can't get to many games but who still would like to contribute to the move home somehow, then please consider making a regular payment directly to B2D if you haven't already done so.

If you have online banking you can set up a standing order in just a couple of minutes.

How to donate

To donate by PayPal click the button near the top of the page at http://www.backtodarlo.co.uk.

For monthly standing orders or a one off donation please send monies to the following account:

“Back to Darlo”
Santander Bank

Back to Darlo
c/o Blackwell Meadows
Grange Road
Darlington
County Durham
DL1 5NR

Please quote your name in the reference area when using internet banking and, on the back of your cheque, include your name and address.

Thanks
Should that be 23k? Not sure if im wrong or youre working on Lari ;)

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:32 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:The B2D fund total has just been updated, so we have about 13K in there now.

How to donate

“Back to Darlo”
Santander Bank

Back to Darlo
c/o Blackwell Meadows
Grange Road
Darlington
County Durham
DL1 5NR

Thanks
Should that be 23k? Not sure if im wrong or youre working on Lari ;)
About 10k was taken to pay for professional fees in getting the application ready and submitting.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 am

Geordie Quaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:For most of us, this will be the 4th stadium that we will watch Darlo in.

I wonder how many other clubs can match this?

Martin Gray has a connection to them all. Played at Feethams/assistant manager at The Arena/Manager at H.Park/and most probably manager at Blackwell.
That's some niche trivia there fella!

The key to this will be clubs who have had a temporary home-from-home: from the professional leagues the only one I can think of is Brighton:

- Goldstone Ground
- Priestfield (Gillingham)
- That running track in Hove (Withdean?)
- Amex
Technically we also played a home game at the Riverside Stadium in the FA Cup.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Hull City

Boulevard
Somewhere else?
The Circle
"Fer Ark"
KC Stadium - built on the site of the Circle

Southend United

Roots Hall
Kursaal
Greyhound Stadium
And back to Roots Hall

QPR have apparently been all over west London.

(Woolwich) Arsenal

Couple of grounds in and Woolwich Arsenal / Plumstead area.
Highbury
Emirates.

Man City

Hyde Road
Maine Road
Comstad
Bring Back the Quarters

trevstanley

Post by trevstanley » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Hull City never played at The Boulevard , that was Hull FC , the rugby league club. Hull City used to play at Boothferry Park , now a supermarket !

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

trevstanley wrote:Hull City never played at The Boulevard , that was Hull FC , the rugby league club. Hull City used to play at Boothferry Park , now a supermarket !
Darlo won the last ever game at Boothferry Park, in front of a crowd of 15000 or more. I remember the game - our luck was in that day.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 pm

trevstanley wrote:Hull City never played at The Boulevard , that was Hull FC , the rugby league club. Hull City used to play at Boothferry Park , now a supermarket !

Yes they did.
Bring Back the Quarters

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:56 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo won the last ever game at Boothferry Park, in front of a crowd of 15000 or more. I remember the game - our luck was in that day.

And Poolie once again let everyone down by losing the first (competitive) game at the KC Stadium.
Bring Back the Quarters

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:27 pm

grytters wrote:And Poolie once again let everyone down by losing the first (competitive) game at the KC Stadium.

Well we got Tonked shortly after :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:50 pm

4-1 we lost first game of the season on a boiling hot day. I remember we had signed a player from the Northern League making his debut that day who'd got bucketfuls of goals the previous year, but he couldn't make the step up. What was his name. Was it Robson or something?