Purewal

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Purewal

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Amar has always been a key player for me.

A stat I posted on twitter earlier today:

Last three seasons:
Win percentage with Amar in the team = 79.35%.
Win percentage without Amar = 55.17%
Those stats sum up his influence within our team.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Stat was always going to show this though since his current injury has coincided with our worst form in 3 years.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Ingleby wrote:Stat was always going to show this though since his current injury has coincided with our worst form in 3 years.
Or it could be construed that we have hit our worst form because he's been missing......

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Ingleby wrote:Stat was always going to show this though since his current injury has coincided with our worst form in 3 years.
Or it could be construed that we have hit our worst form because he's been missing......
Yes. But I'd suggest it wouldn't have had such an impact in the two previous seasons. You could do the same stat for Jordan Robinson with similar results as he's missed our shitest form in recent years.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

We also had a poor run earlier on in the season when he was injured, maybe just a coincidence but I would guess at not.

I suppose you would have to decide which is to blame, is the poor run down to Amar being out or are the stats different just because we had a poor run whilst Amar was out injured.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:59 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
We also had a poor run earlier on in the season when he was injured, maybe just a coincidence but I would guess at not.

I suppose you would have to decide which is to blame, is the poor run down to Amar being out or are the stats different just because we had a poor run whilst Amar was out injured.
I think he's a miss no doubt about that. But I think there is a lot more to our form than just that. The manager needs to take some responsibility.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:02 pm

We play a particualr style that works well with Purewal, without him it doens't work as well.

It's Gray's job to find a way with the players that are fit, especially when he has been able to spend to add to the squad.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:11 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:We play a particualr style that works well with Purewal, without him it doens't work as well.

It's Gray's job to find a way with the players that are fit, especially when he has been able to spend to add to the squad.
The reality is if Cartman had came in and made more of an impact we might not be talking about missing Purewal. This is not a criticism of Cartman, many people would blame the manager for this too.

Cartman aside Dowson/Armstrong/Hatch should have been enough to get results.

Dowson always works hard but generally doesn't get enough goals. Hatch hasn't had a proper chance up front and Armstrong is out of form/ low on confidence.

In seasons gone by Gray demanded a certain standard and wasn't afraid to criticise. Now he praises poor performances and this is what we have. For me he is lacking ideas and he's being exposed at the moment.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:17 pm

It has been mentioned a few times that the way we play/set up does not suit Cartman, so what should we doing to bring him more into the game? how was scoring so many goals for his previous club? I am a Cartman fan and want him to do well for the club, it just seems strange that he has scored so many goals in this league then he comes to us and his chances dry up, if he was missing loads of attempts you put that down to confidence, but he seems to getting very few with the way we are playing.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:22 pm

davey247 wrote:I cant even put my finger on what are the best bits of Purewal's game and very few fans would have him down in their top 3 players at the club but in the last 2 seasons our worst runs of form have come when he has been out of the side either through injury or MG trying different things (October last season springs to mind). The team just seems to play much better with him up top.
I've probably seen us half a dozen times since we ended up in the northern league. I said after one game that Purewal was one of the best players we had and my opinion hasn't changed any other time I've seen us play. The guy is a class act and is probably our most complete player.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 pm

He's unconventional and awkward to defend against. Hopefully he'll be back in the first team next season.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Amar may have struggled as well with the massed defences we are encountering, but his all-round ability would have given us some more options.

Cartman is often marked and forced too wide, Amar was a bit more used to shaking off markers, gaining possession and making something out of stray passes and deflections.

The pacy pair could work well together next season, with Amar drawing off the markers and slipping the ball to Cartman and others. Cartman is handy at short passing and Amar can be lethal with good supply.

Armstrong, Hatch & Dowson don't seem so effective as Amar with winning a second ball and doing something positive, but this may be a symptom of the recent overcrowding of boxes.

Considering the level of the league I think we have good strikers, but passes to them need to be more frequent and a bit better quality.