9 games left

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

9 games left

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:00 pm

To come up with a game plan on how to beat the better teams in this league. Cos we're gonna need to beat two of them

notgnilrad

Re: 9 games left

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:13 pm

divas wrote:To come up with a game plan on how to beat the better teams in this league. Cos we're gonna need to beat two of them
We wont be getting promoted then, we will be having another season in this league but hopefully we will be back in Darlo by the start of the season. :)

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah, realistically, it is now more a question of who you fancy in the playoffs. And the answer to that unfortunately is none of them. We've lost the plot at just the wrong time and there is little chance of us coming out on top against one of the league's better sides in a one-off crunch game.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Time for Gray to resort to the tried and tested, Suspensions are over now so we have a fully fit squad to choose from, go back to the team who did so well in our unbeaten run, too much chopping and changing going on at the minute isnt helping us

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, Mitchell at right back is a complete no-no for me. Too much of an easy target for opposition cross field balls, he's been awful the last 2 game and we lose even further for him not being in midfield.

Galbraith isn't a winger full stop.

Surprised more hasn't been made of Brown's absence today? I heard he wasn't fit to play because of 2 days of excess at Cheltenham. Now I realise were a semi-professional outfit but he's the team captain.....

For me we need to get try go with

Bell, Brown, White, Hunter, Watson, Mitchell, Galbraith, Portas, Thompson, Hatch, Armstrong.

Get the defence back to that which conceded the least amount of goals in Europe until 4 weeks ago. Get Mitchell back into the midfield to add some intensity and try Hatch with Armstrong to mirror the style we had with Purewal and Armstrong. The team also allows us to go 4-3-3 with Thompson in his preferred free role where teams struggle to pick him up and Mitchell central where he started the season on fire.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Gary Brown told a lad behind the goal in the first half that he was suffering an injury and most likely shouldnt of played on wednesday.

Id go along with that team with possibly keeping Jameson in goal

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Jameson needs a rest for me. He's the long our long term future of the club but has gone to pieces of late.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:31 pm

I really hope that's just BS about Brown, at this stage of the season it's unforgivable, Galbraith was just lost today.

Like the team Divas but think Jameson should stay as he's more mobile than Bell and did ok today

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Brown looked like he was struggling on Wednesday night.

I didn't clearly see what happened for their goal, so I will reserve judgement until I see the highlights, but Jameson made several fine stops in the second half to keep us in the game.

Brown back at RB for me next game with Mitchell pushed further up the pitch (close to 20 assists this season). Scrap Galbraith at left-wing who I feel is being shoehorned into the left wing position because of 1.) his height when Armstrong/Hatch aren't playing and 2.) his set pieces.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 pm

divas wrote:Yes, Mitchell at right back is a complete no-no for me. Too much of an easy target for opposition cross field balls, he's been awful the last 2 game and we lose even further for him not being in midfield.

Galbraith isn't a winger full stop.

Surprised more hasn't been made of Brown's absence today? I heard he wasn't fit to play because of 2 days of excess at Cheltenham. Now I realise were a semi-professional outfit but he's the team captain.....

For me we need to get try go with

Bell, Brown, White, Hunter, Watson, Mitchell, Galbraith, Portas, Thompson, Hatch, Armstrong.

Get the defence back to that which conceded the least amount of goals in Europe until 4 weeks ago. Get Mitchell back into the midfield to add some intensity and try Hatch with Armstrong to mirror the style we had with Purewal and Armstrong. The team also allows us to go 4-3-3 with Thompson in his preferred free role where teams struggle to pick him up and Mitchell central where he started the season on fire.
Browny had been to hospital during the night with his little one and not had much sleep and he was injured, I can't believe he played him..

Sat ont shitter

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Fair shout then, didn't think that would be his style

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:11 pm

If the Cheltenham comment is wrong then it should be withdrawn/deleted. That's a damaging thing to put about a player and completely unfair if there's no substance to it.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm

It's what was doing the rounds today. It's not unbeknown for rumours on a match day to be shite. Hopefully Gray will comment.

inappropriateh

Post by inappropriateh » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 pm

First game for a long time today. Think that many are being harsh on the players and management. We were beaten by a good well organised team full of giants who all did their jobs well and who could all play. They looked dangerous on the counter and to be fair they just about deserved the win. Can't blame our players for effort they definitely wanted it but did not have the physical presence up front. Maybe gray should have organised the team to play the long ball with more physical presence up front from the start but it did not make much difference when hatch and brown were sent upfront. Their goal was a fluke and killed the game for us. Next 2 games are definitely winnable so situation might look much better by 5pm on the 23rd with pressure back on Salford and Northwich. Chins up

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:48 pm

inappropriateh wrote:First game for a long time today. Think that many are being harsh on the players and management. We were beaten by a good well organised team full of giants who all did their jobs well and who could all play. They looked dangerous on the counter and to be fair they just about deserved the win. Can't blame our players for effort they definitely wanted it but did not have the physical presence up front. Maybe gray should have organised the team to play the long ball with more physical presence up front from the start but it did not make much difference when hatch and brown were sent upfront. Their goal was a fluke and killed the game for us. Next 2 games are definitely winnable so situation might look much better by 5pm on the 23rd with pressure back on Salford and Northwich. Chins up
I think it's the way we have gone from a position of 3 points behind with 4 games in hand to 3 points behind and 1 game in hand that makes us look worse at today.

The big losses for me are Kendal & Clitheroe also if we had managed to pick something up at Farsley. If we had managed 7 points from those three we would just write off today and move on.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:58 pm

divas wrote:It's what was doing the rounds today. It's not unbeknown for rumours on a match day to be shite. Hopefully Gray will comment.
Brown on Twitter has confirmed he was in hospital with young one and still injured

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
divas wrote:It's what was doing the rounds today. It's not unbeknown for rumours on a match day to be shite. Hopefully Gray will comment.
Brown on Twitter has confirmed he was in hospital with young one and still injured
Fair enough. Idle bullshit.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 am

Brown was also at Cheltenham Thursday and Friday, arriving back late Friday.

Brown made this quite clear on his Twitter.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 am

LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, realistically, it is now more a question of who you fancy in the playoffs. And the answer to that unfortunately is none of them. We've lost the plot at just the wrong time and there is little chance of us coming out on top against one of the league's better sides in a one-off crunch game.
Unless it's Spenny, who we always beat.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am

Ingleby wrote:Brown was also at Cheltenham Thursday and Friday, arriving back late Friday.

Brown made this quite clear on his Twitter.
And the problem with this is???
inappropriateh wrote:First game for a long time today. Think that many are being harsh on the players and management. We were beaten by a good well organised team full of giants who all did their jobs well and who could all play. They looked dangerous on the counter and to be fair they just about deserved the win. Can't blame our players for effort they definitely wanted it but did not have the physical presence up front. Maybe gray should have organised the team to play the long ball with more physical presence up front from the start but it did not make much difference when hatch and brown were sent upfront. Their goal was a fluke and killed the game for us. Next 2 games are definitely winnable so situation might look much better by 5pm on the 23rd with pressure back on Salford and Northwich. Chins up
Personally I think Gray worries too much about the opposition sets up rather than let them worry about us. Long ball just plays into the hands of big centre backs. I would have though a couple of smaller strikers would have caused them more problems.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Yeah, realistically, it is now more a question of who you fancy in the playoffs. And the answer to that unfortunately is none of them. We've lost the plot at just the wrong time and there is little chance of us coming out on top against one of the league's better sides in a one-off crunch game.
Unless it's Spenny, who we always beat.
Unfortunately we can't play Spenny in the semifinals and finals!

All is not lost, we can turn this around but we're up against it now and the players need to dig in and show some fight.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC