Darlo v Northwich Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Northwich Match Thread

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 am

Darlogramps wrote:But to do what you're doing, which is writing off our chances when it's still in our hands, is attention-seeking, hysterical nonsense.
I hate to break it to you, but we have no chance. We have tanked. We will not recover from this, because we aren't good enough. We have lost 4 of the last 6 matches - whilst champions lose, they never lose 4 in 6.

We are unable to beat the top sides and still have other good sides to play. One more slip up and it isn't in our hands any longer. I can't see Salford, Spennymoor or Northwich dropping many points, our only chance is to win all nine...off the back of this?

I don't think writing off our chances is hysterical nonsense at all. We've capitulated.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Sorry but no longer rate gray as the manager to move us up. No plan b no clue when teams attack if no promotion this year then time to go.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Gray has given us 3 fairly successful seasons, with one promotion. Certainly this isn't the time or the place to start questioning Gray as manager. We've been in tough spots before and no doubt we'll have plenty more in the future, but Gray can sail us through to calmer waters.

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gray has given us 3 fairly successful seasons, with one promotion. Certainly this isn't the time or the place to start questioning Gray as manager. We've been in tough spots before and no doubt we'll have plenty more in the future, but Gray can sail us through to calmer waters.
Through calmer waters yes he was ok, but teams know they can beat us now and are coming with game plans to which Gray appears to have no answer. We can't afford another season in this league if we want to keep the fans we have let alone attract new ones
Last edited by exiled fan on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:11 pm

If you run through some of the recent games it makes for grim reading...

Kendal.... an absolutely shambolic first half, littered with mistakes and failed to get out of first gear against a crap side.
Farsley.... Completely taken apart in the first half and left us far too much to do to win the game.
Clitheroe... Atrocious for two-thirds of the game and hardly troubled a very average side.
Northwich... A big, strong limited side who easily kept us at bay. No ideas, no spark and no threat from us. Keeper had an easy day.

We are coming up way short for promotion.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 pm

[quote="Darlogramps"]

Win our game in hand (against 2nd bottom New Mills) and we go top.

Darlogramps Do you know something the rest of us don't? How can your statement be true unless you already know the results of next Saturdays games i.e. BEFORE we play New Mills!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Muted yesterday we spent £20k on the Cartman..........

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gray has given us 3 fairly successful seasons, with one promotion. Certainly this isn't the time or the place to start questioning Gray as manager. We've been in tough spots before and no doubt we'll have plenty more in the future, but Gray can sail us through to calmer waters.
Three seasons, now looking like it will be four with one promotion is not that fantastic.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:32 pm

exiled fan wrote: Three seasons, now looking like it will be four with one promotion is not that fantastic.
If we don't go up this season it would be 1 in 3.

If we do go up it will be 2 in 3.

Where are you pulling 1 in 4 from?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:
exiled fan wrote: Three seasons, now looking like it will be four with one promotion is not that fantastic.

Its actually 1 from 33, isn't it?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Sorry if its already been posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLxf6Xh1T4

Gray's interview post match

few of the comments are a little interesting

Can't see the point in having a little dig at craig

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:45 pm

But this is exactly the time to start looking at his credentials.

He was given the target of 2 promotions in 3 seasons. Given that we're coming to the end of that time period, I'm guessing the Board will be asking those questions in a few weeks.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
But this is exactly the time to start looking at his credentials.

He was given the target of 2 promotions in 3 seasons. Given that we're coming to the end of that time period, I'm guessing the Board will be asking those questions in a few weeks.
Whilst I'm sure this will be done, but given the Academy tie up, coaching staff from MGFA, the investment and 5 year contract which has 2 years to go (if I recall) realistically I think Martin will be manager for a while yet regardless, even if the goals set are not reached.

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Simple. with grays lack of solutions to teams with a game plan and teams beginning to realise we can be beaten we won't be promoted next season either.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Haha talk about scraping around for what you meant. Why not say "never promoted" in that case? Or 1 in 6 as that will be how long Gray's contract is for.

Without Salford and their uncharacteristic spending power we would have flown up top this season.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:Haha talk about scraping around for what you meant. Why not say "never promoted" in that case? Or 1 in 6 as that will be how long Gray's contract is for.

Without Salford and their uncharacteristic spending power we would have flown up top this season.
Seriously flown up the league, can't beat Farsley, clitheroe ,Kendal, not exactly champions form..

Sat ont shitter

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:22 pm

So who`s going to have the money next season Warrington,Spenny any team that comes down going to be just as tough so get it done now lads

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:32 pm

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Win our game in hand (against 2nd bottom New Mills) and we go top.

Darlogramps Do you know something the rest of us don't? How can your statement be true unless you already know the results of next Saturdays games i.e. BEFORE we play New Mills!
Stop being pedantic. You know the point I'm making.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:But to do what you're doing, which is writing off our chances when it's still in our hands, is attention-seeking, hysterical nonsense.
I hate to break it to you, but we have no chance. We have tanked. We will not recover from this, because we aren't good enough. We have lost 4 of the last 6 matches - whilst champions lose, they never lose 4 in 6.

We are unable to beat the top sides and still have other good sides to play. One more slip up and it isn't in our hands any longer. I can't see Salford, Spennymoor or Northwich dropping many points, our only chance is to win all nine...off the back of this?

I don't think writing off our chances is hysterical nonsense at all. We've capitulated.
I hate to break it to you, but we have every chance of recovering from this.

Will we? I have no idea, but we're not out of it, even though some on here want us to be.

Yes it will be a slog through and the players will have to knuckle down and work damn hard, but chucking the towel in is gutless and pointless.

If you want to chuck the towel in, that's up to you.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm

notgnilrad wrote: What ??? I have gave my reasons why we cant beat the better sides which is not hysterical nonsense you keep walking around head in the clouds in La La land but if your not a bit worried now then something is wrong.

Please give us some examples why we will go up because I'm at a loss to see any and this was from last year when my doubts start to appear so certainly not knee jerk reactions. Beating the also rans in this league is not going to get us promotion if we cant beat the top sides when it matters. ie. Curzon/Ramsbottom done the double over us last season. This season Salford double/Northwich probably beat us at their ground as well there is a pattern happening here both top sides even Droyslden with 10 men beat us at their ground and we have them to play again.

I would love me to be wrong and we get promotion hell I would even show my ass in Binns windows while kissing Pat Butchers sweat glands but I don't think its in our hands due to our bad run and form.
I am concerned about our form. There's not a Darlo fan who isn't. But you keep exaggerating a twisting my words if you want.

The difference is, I'm being pragmatic. We're three points off top spot with a game in hand and superior goal difference.

And the players who lost yesterday are the same ones who beat Bamber Bridge a few weeks ago, and destroyed Harrogate RA in their own backyard. And they're the ones who went on a 16 game unbeaten run earlier in the season. They are capable, there's no doubt about that.

I'm choosing to focus on the positives, you're only looking for the negatives. You've given up at the first sign of trouble. That's gutless and cowardly.

We're in a scrap and that's we need to do, scrap for every goal and point.

Will we turn it around? I don't know. But digging in and fighting is much better than giving up, which is what you're doing.

I think winning the Northern League by such a margin has has led some fans (and players, perhaps) to expect us to steamroll everything. Now the going is getting tough, have these people lost their stomach for a fight?

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:02 pm

So 4 home games and 5 away games.

HOME
v Prescot
v Droyslden
v Mossley
v New Mills

AWAY

v New Mills
v Warrington
v Northwich
v Scarborough
v Lancaster

I would say 4 out 5 away games are really tough, I think our home games we should win all 4 but the away ones 1 or 2 at best.
Will that be enough I'm not sure but its squeaky bum time now for definite. :sick:

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
notgnilrad wrote: What ??? I have gave my reasons why we cant beat the better sides which is not hysterical nonsense you keep walking around head in the clouds in La La land but if your not a bit worried now then something is wrong.

Please give us some examples why we will go up because I'm at a loss to see any and this was from last year when my doubts start to appear so certainly not knee jerk reactions. Beating the also rans in this league is not going to get us promotion if we cant beat the top sides when it matters. ie. Curzon/Ramsbottom done the double over us last season. This season Salford double/Northwich probably beat us at their ground as well there is a pattern happening here both top sides even Droyslden with 10 men beat us at their ground and we have them to play again.

I would love me to be wrong and we get promotion hell I would even show my ass in Binns windows while kissing Pat Butchers sweat glands but I don't think its in our hands due to our bad run and form.
I am concerned about our form. There's not a Darlo fan who isn't. But you keep exaggerating a twisting my words if you want.

The difference is, I'm being pragmatic. We're three points off top spot with a game in hand and superior goal difference.

And the players who lost yesterday are the same ones who beat Bamber Bridge a few weeks ago, and destroyed Harrogate RA in their own backyard. And they're the ones who went on a 16 game unbeaten run earlier in the season. They are capable, there's no doubt about that.

I'm choosing to focus on the positives, you're only looking for the negatives. You've given up at the first sign of trouble. That's gutless and cowardly.

We're in a scrap and that's we need to do, scrap for every goal and point.

Will we turn it around? I don't know. But digging in and fighting is much better than giving up, which is what you're doing.

I think winning the Northern League by such a margin has has led some fans (and players, perhaps) to expect us to steamroll everything. Now the going is getting tough, have these people lost their stomach for a fight?
That's gutless and cowardly.

I've played football at quite a high level mate and one thing I'm not is gutless and cowardly but then I've not played the last 6 matches. Losing 4 out of the last 6 games after steamrolling poor sides is quite gutless and cowardly don't you think, not showing some concern after deja vu performance after deva ju performance. Will I be smug if we don't go up? like fuck will I as I don't want to be proved right when my team is involved.

Look at 4 of the last 5 away games it doesn't fill me with confidence. Anyway last I say on the matter you think we will, I don't nothing you say or do will change my mind only the last 9 performances will.
So lads prove me wrong stick my posts on the fucking changing rooms and shovel those words right down the back of my stupid throat as for one I wouldn't be more happier.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Sidarlo wrote:Sorry if its already been posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLxf6Xh1T4

Gray's interview post match

few of the comments are a little interesting

Can't see the point in having a little dig at craig

Interesting. M.G. obviously feeling the heat.

Craig's as diplomatic as can be, but certain questions need a response, from the interviewee.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 pm

notgnilrad wrote:
I've played football at quite a high level mate and one thing I'm not is gutless and cowardly but then I've not played the last 6 matches. Losing 4 out of the last 6 games after steamrolling poor sides is quite gutless and cowardly don't you think, not showing some concern after deja vu performance after deva ju performance. Will I be smug if we don't go up? like fuck will I as I don't want to be proved right when my team is involved.

Look at 4 of the last 5 away games it doesn't fill me with confidence. Anyway last I say on the matter you think we will, I don't nothing you say or do will change my mind only the last 9 performances will.
So lads prove me wrong stick my posts on the fucking changing rooms and shovel those words right down the back of my stupid throat as for one I wouldn't be more happier.
I've not said that. I honestly wouldn't like to predict.

But my point is the players are capable of getting promotion, and it's ludicrous to throw the towel in at this point.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:19 pm

You honestly think Hunter was a 5? Give over he was our best player

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
You honestly think Hunter was a 5? Give over he was our best player
Hatch for me was the standout performer, defended as well as anyone and once moved up was the only time we had some threat.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Whilst yesterday's result and overall performance was hugely disappointing, we all need to remember where we were less than three years ago. Pretty much no club, no ground and seemingly about to go into oblivion. What has been achieved in the last three seasons has been remarkable. The people running the club, the manager, players and all the volunteers have been magnificent, getting us back into some position where we can concentrate on the football and look forward to getting back to the Town.

It is against that backdrop that the game against Northwich should be put in perspective. The players are not professionals. They have jobs like the rest of us. They've worked really hard for the last three seasons. Too many had an off day yesterday. It happens. It was only a few days ago they rightly received the plaudits for seeing off Lancaster who themselves had just beaten Salford away. Yes, last season against Ramsbottom was a nightmare. Yes, the last few weeks have been a nightmare. But at least we've got a football club that we can care about.

What does encourage me is the amount of fans who have been on Uncovered, Facebook and other social media sites, venting their feelings about the Northwich match. Whether your opinion is positive or negative at the moment, it doesn't matter. At least you still care for our club. I know many people who have 'turned away' from the club after our demise.

We are experiencing the first 'real' wobble in performances for some time. That's football ! It's going to happen again to us at some point in the future too. I just hope all of us can get behind the players for the remainder of the season. They'll have read all the comments about this game and confidence will have been knocked. They need our support.

We can still get promoted.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:56 pm

Have to say that I'm going to agree with Darlo Gramps (which I rarely do). People are ready to give it all up. Some people have made the point that losing to certain teams isn't champions form.

Salford got beat 6-0 by Kendal and they are the ones that everyone have down to win the league.

All Darlo Gramps is saying is that we still have a decent chance if you look at the table, however if you look at our recent form it's not great but not impossible.

I would personally go back to basics. Brown Hunter White Watson at the back. Mitchell moved to right mid, Thompson to left.

Lets hope we get 6 points from the next 2 and hope the other teams drop some and then reassess our chances

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Really hope the players dont take the attitude of some fans that seem to of all but gave up, we've been here before where we've hit a bad run then went on a really good unbeaten run, we've 2 very winnable games coming up which gives the lads the perfect chance to get the confidence back up ready for 2 difficult away games, this team is good enough to challenge