500 Club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: 500 Club

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:That's right I had to ask the wife
Always a good move :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Wonder how many packages we've sold today? Don't think the club are going to let us know which is a shame but partly understandable.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:56 pm

I think they should let us know - if it's kept secret people might assume it's not going well or put it to the back of their mind which is not ideal.

Just like when were were trying to save the club this is urgent, and if people see it's working it might encourage them to jump on the bandwagon.

I think we really need to publicise it right through with a really big "We ARE coming home!" type fanfare when we hit the target.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:58 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Debating it. Just don't have money available until after April :(
Then there's nothing to debate. Closing date is before then so it looks like you're out of luck Andy.
Unfortunately so!
At the end of the day Andy, the club will still need "normal" season ticket holders next season, and they still need the pay on the gate cashflow, you can do either and are still doing your bit to help the club.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:01 pm

I tried to get the point across last night but the consensus was that once we'd raised £225K people would give up.

IMO it would have made sense to give £300K as a target and publish the total regularly. At least then if we'd fallen just short we'd actually still have enough for the 1,950 capacity.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:05 pm

divas wrote:I tried to get the point across last night but the consensus was that once we'd raised £225K people would give up.

IMO it would have made sense to give £300K as a target and publish the total regularly. At least then if we'd fallen just short we'd actually still have enough for the 1,950 capacity.
I completely concur, they should have just said 300k from the start, and then give regular updates.

But they might have thought some people would be put off by the higher target, thinking it insurmountable. It's a difficult one.

I still think they should give regular updates, there's plenty of time for the club to come round to agreeing to that.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Will be in for 4 tickets next week as monies are sorted.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Debating it. Just don't have money available until after April :(
Then there's nothing to debate. Closing date is before then so it looks like you're out of luck Andy.
Unfortunately so!
At the end of the day Andy, the club will still need "normal" season ticket holders next season, and they still need the pay on the gate cashflow, you can do either and are still doing your bit to help the club.
My money will still be there to give to the club, just not at present.

Hopefully plenty of others can stump up the cash!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:05 pm

MJ told us there will be updates on the total just not every day due to the jobs/life of the directors
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:09 am

Wouldn't surprise me if £60-70k was made yesterday - but as with all our fundraisers we actually come out the traps at a good rate it tends to slow later on I suspect that this will be true again and more so without a push on what the gap is.

Someone said we lost out from the Dan Burn money, I am not so sure I seem to recall that right at the death there was a load of additional investment into shares and we ended up above the initial target.

Is t end of March for all members of the 500club? Or is it end of March to get £150k get the grant and then that leaves us a little more time - even if it was only 1 month to get the rest that we need?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:59 am

The "someone" was Martin Jesper at the meeting. Are you saying he's wrong?
Or do you have more accurate information than the chief executive?

And as has been explained before, we need £150k minimum ASAP (in the next 2-3 weeks) to show the FSIF we've got matched funding.

And given we may be starting work on the ground end of April/early May, that gives you an idea of when the cash is needed.

Basically, £300k as soon as we can.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:31 am

Darlogramps wrote:The "someone" was Martin Jesper at the meeting. Are you saying he's wrong?
Or do you have more accurate information than the chief executive?

And as has been explained before, we need £150k minimum ASAP (in the next 2-3 weeks) to show the FSIF we've got matched funding.

And given we may be starting work on the ground end of April/early May, that gives you an idea of when the cash is needed.

Basically, £300k as soon as we can.
The someone might well have been MJ, but how on earth can he say we lost out on investment because of the Dan Burn money, he can make educated guesses on things like that but I cant see how he could know definitely. The only way that would be possible is if people told him that they would have invested if the Dan Burn money hadnt come in, and Im not sure you could trust people who said that :)

For me, I'm not sure we would have, I just think people were wary about investing to get us off life support again, this is completely different as we are raising funds where there is a tangible return, something we will all see take shape, this is why I think totalisers in this case would serve as encouragement, rather than a stumbling block to overcome. That said, its not up to me, and as fans, Id hope that if we can afford to help then we would regardless of whether we see a total or not.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:34 am

Just a quick query.

Do we make the cheques payable to "Darlington 1883"

Thanks in anticipation
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:36 am

Forgive me but my memory was that the share issue thing actually failed. We didn't have enough money and it was almost curtains then the Dan Burn meeting happened which allowed us to extend the deadline by another month?

By the end of that month we had gone over and above the required amount.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:38 am

Darlo_Rob wrote:Sounds like quite a few are being bought. Some sort of totaliser on the official site would be good, may help people make up there minds if they see other people getting them and also the fact the amount available is reducing all the time.
I agree - when we had the one on Clowncube the interest level went through the roof
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:41 am

lo36789 wrote:Forgive me but my memory was that the share issue thing actually failed. We didn't have enough money and it was almost curtains then the Dan Burn meeting happened which allowed us to extend the deadline by another month?

By the end of that month we had gone over and above the required amount.
I think so, however, I think the argument is that there was so much speculation that we were going to be getting money from Fulham, that it meant people didnt bother investing as they didnt feel it was needed.

Honestly I think as long as we get regular updates, then Im not bothered, and Im assuming the club will announce if we get any new business investment.

Would be really interesting to see how many we have sold though :)

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:47 pm

The 5 year tickets seem to be selling like hot cakes. Single Year and "On the day" tickets are subject to "football" inflation and rises for being in higher leagues. making the deal a real bargain.

At BM there's a lot of scope for income from big cup games, some with capacity crowds and I would expect 500 club members to be highest priority for obtaining tickets.

The 3,000 capacity set-up must be the aim for the club and its fundraising fans.

Home made Raffles and Domino cards in pubs, clubs and at work are easy to run and can raise considerable funds.

Simple Fundraising ideas and actions to be shared on fan websites?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:29 pm

I've got the ok to get a season ticket. :clap:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Well,sorted monies quicker than expected,so four tickets bought today,
job done , please if you want this deal get in there before they all go.
It's going very well, :thumbup:

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:37 am

I'm sorted now-cheque in the post to Blackwell Meadows.

The Ozzman
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 am

Just bought one and know of a friend who did yesterday. That's another £1000.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Bravo to you all getting these tickets, I'm only £850 short I reckon, damn those new brakes and car service and tax this month

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Ticket purchased cheque in the post. It would be good if club could reduce the totals of each package left available, so that fans could make sure they get there tickets before they run out. :thumbup:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Two tickets ordered, but please don't tell the wife.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 am

Job done on Saturday, and no wife to worry about. :D :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:23 pm

joejaques wrote:Job done on Saturday, and no wife to worry about. :D :roll:
That's fantastic, don't fancy your costs of travelling up here, as it's a canny trip up from Milford Haven. :shock: :shock:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

That also goes for Ozzman who lives down Nottingham way in my memory hasn't deserted me completely.

I think the club mat struggle to sell the kids tickets as part of this offer, as no doubt a good few of our more junior fans are in there early teens, so presumably they wouldn't be able to use them once they left school, or college?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Which offer will run out first? My bets on concession seated :D
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:04 pm

The seating will go first without a shadow of a doubt as it will be at a premium with limited numbers and the club knows this. If the 160 seats are sold this will generate 150k half of the money required.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:That also goes for Ozzman who lives down Nottingham way in my memory hasn't deserted me completely.

I think the club mat struggle to sell the kids tickets as part of this offer, as no doubt a good few of our more junior fans are in there early teens, so presumably they wouldn't be able to use them once they left school, or college?
I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread the club the club may just think it is swings and roundabouts anyone aged 60 and above would similarly become eligible for a concession in the next 5 years. Worst case scenario if you wanted to split it 2:3 pro rata and sent a cheque I doubt there would be any complaints.

The more adult tickets and fewer kids tickets sold the better really.