I agreed with M.O.M last night but Stan sort it out!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

isitouryear
Team Supported: Darlington

I agreed with M.O.M last night but Stan sort it out!

Post by isitouryear » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

jeff smith has alot of critics but he had our only 2 decent efforts at goal last night. i think with a bit of confidence he could be effective for us but im certainly not going to begrudge anyone booing them all last night. Its too easy to say that we are inexperienced etc but its the manager who is bringing them in and playing them and just because players are young it doesnt stop them putting a tackle in, or kicking fresh air in the GK's case!
I feel for Curtis, young lad with an eye for goal, scores the winner, then wrongly played up top on his own, then bombed out! Still feel its too early to write us off but no positive signs at the moment which we expected staunton to at least bring a bit of hope!

TeessideQuaker

Re: I agreed with M.O.M last night but Stan sort it out!

Post by TeessideQuaker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Curtis is only young, I think it's unfair to start him every game and put too much pressure on him too soon.

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

i agree but hes a goal threat and his confidence will be shot to bits scorng 1 week, then gettng ruined as a lone forward then not even getting on. after all hes prepared to use the other kids as often

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 pm

For the Notts County match, if we don't bring anyone in meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing us go 3-5-2.

We haven't got a decent right back at the club, so let's not bother. Bring Jones in, then Foster, Giddings and Miller (or Bower).

Gary Smith and Barnes to hold centre mid, Convery and Gray either side, and Mulligan off the front two. I think Mulligan looks ok, he has a good touch, and can pass the ball well enough, relieved of defensive duties he could be effective in this position. Also the option of switching with Convery or Gray during the game. Main and Collins up front - no better options i'm afraid.

canonlygetbetter

Post by canonlygetbetter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm

i also agree that jeff smith wa mom last night he the the best out of a poor side and i think its a bit unfair that he gets stick from fans when he is better than what he used to be you couldnt give anybody mom last night thats how awful we were.

sayig that even though we are awful we need to get behind the team all the sob storys im reading of people not coming back etc is starting to boil my piss

yes we are s***
yes it is likely we will be playing non league football neaxt year
yes its expensive

the list could go on but this is what being a supporter is being about u support the club through thick and thin the highs and lows

and as for 3-5-2 i think we have to get the basics right first you need to be able to pass the ball in any formation but if you cant do it in 4-4-2 then doing it in 3-5-2 is unlikely

rant over

cogb

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 pm

I can't agree with last night's MOTM i'm afraid. I don't think there was one to be honest, the fans should be congratulated for putting up with a shocker of a 90 minutes.
To be able to play left wing you need to be skilfull, have pace and be up and down that touchline taking players on and putting crosses in, none of that happens with J.Smith. He isn't hungry to go forward and take a chance, more of a dawdle forward or cut inside and lose the ball in midfield. Last night was unbelievably bad that our players couldn't put 2 passes together in Morecambe's half. We can't make excuses for them anymore, they need to step it up a gear, probably two otherwise their careers are going to non-league.
Unlike others, I couldn't turn my back on the club and will keep coming back for more torture and travel to different parts of the country to watch us. We've had good times and now we're well in the s***, but we've got to believe in SS and KR.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker