Financial Covenant on BM - Council Meeting Tue 3rd Mar

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Financial Covenant on BM - Council Meeting Tue 3rd Mar

Post by TFDM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Lets see what is said at tonight's meeting before we work ourselves into too much of a flap.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 pm

To me, it seems implausible that the rugby club, council or any other body involved wouldn't already know there was a massive water main running right under the site.

And this development has been discussed for at least 18 months. Again, it seems really unusual that Northumbria Water wouldn't come forward and mention it. It's not exactly as if the clubs were developing this planning application in secret.

It's certainly something to raise tonight.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:54 pm

TFDM wrote:Lets see what is said at tonight's meeting before we work ourselves into too much of a flap.
Exactly. I see the letter is dated Feb 16th so hopefully by now there will be a plan on how we deal with this, estimated cost & potential time delay.

Of course worst case it'll mean an entire rethink/cancellation of whole project!

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:To me, it seems implausible that the rugby club, council or any other body involved wouldn't already know there was a massive water main running right under the site.

And this development has been discussed for at least 18 months. Again, it seems really unusual that Northumbria Water wouldn't come forward and mention it. It's not exactly as if the clubs were developing this planning application in secret.

It's certainly something to raise tonight.
Northumbria Water would only raise the issue if the plans meant they needed to. Which clearly is the case.

Surely this is the whole point of obtaining planning permission, to ensure things like this get raised and sorted before there is too much of an issue.

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:02 pm

I'd also add, that they raised their objection nearly 3 weeks ago, so hopefully we've already gone some way of addressing this issue.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:31 pm

I believe that a contingency is being looked at. Can see it costing a fair bit more than the original plan though, but probably less than re-routing that pipe. We haven't really got many choices in terms of location so we need to make something work or face a lifetime in Bishop.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Kev is right. See what is said tonight before people can really decide how to react as further water will presumably be under the bridge by now (very poor pun, I know).

Local searches can be done earlier, but are generally completed when it reaches solicitor stage due to the cost being a good few hundred pounds, so it is not at all unusual for this sort of thing to come to light further down the line, possibly when the Drainage and Water search comes back. There are other Land Registry, and property searches, that will also take place.

Don't forget Darlington Rugby Club has gone through a number of personnel changes since the ground was taken over from the Council, and those in the know at the time may not still be at the Rugby Club.

I must confess I still have my doubts we will ever end up there, but information has been much more positive in recent weeks, and I was beginning to become quite hopeful.

Let's just see tonight.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:41 pm

divas wrote:I believe that a contingency is being looked at. Can see it costing a fair bit more than the original plan though, but probably less than re-routing that pipe. We haven't really got many choices in terms of location so we need to make something work or face a lifetime in Bishop.
Sorry Divas, but we always had options.

Not sure how many of them will still be there two years down the line, but I would hope doors have not been closed completely in favour of one single option.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:57 pm

shawry wrote:
Surely this is the whole point of obtaining planning permission, to ensure things like this get raised and sorted before there is too much of an issue.

No normally consultation is undertaken with highways, utilities etc to check things are viable prior to submission of plans, you simply would not draw up plans to build over a known obstacle i.e. water main if you knew it would be objectionable and not feasible to go ahead with due to building restrictions and regulations.

Hope this is just a small blip and contingencies are in place to work around this.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Wasn't the main detailed on the plans that were published yonks ago?

http://www.backtodarlo.co.uk/fp-content ... phase1.pdf

23 on the diagram?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 pm

It would appear so, may be just a case of not having terracing at that end?

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:08 pm

n/t

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Probably to simplistic ,just reverse the plan, stand on the other side, hard standing for the away supporters where the drain is. :)
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 pm

"Amended plans received 16 February 2015. Additional information received 17 February 2015".

Let's not get too panicky just yet.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Perfect timing for a fans forum, no need to worry about it when the question can be asked tonight and get the facts.

I am sure there are ways of working around it.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:"Amended plans received 16 February 2015. Additional information received 17 February 2015".

Let's not get too panicky just yet.
Well spotted. We may well have expected these issues and had something ready to go in the event an objection was sumitted? Anyway, lets see what is said tonight eh.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:02 pm

The drain is known about by the project team. The terrace behind the goal was designed to be as deep as possible and not to affect access to the sewer. Originally, the access to the terrace was from behind, and was only four steps deep for this reason. I think people are panicking over nothing. As others have said, things will be clarified tonight.

At worst, the pitch will need to be moved, a trivial matter given the current infrastructure, and the fact the pitch is being relaid anyway.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 pm

TFDM wrote:Wasn't the main detailed on the plans that were published yonks ago?

23 on the diagram?
The main concerned runs roughly SE to NW through the pitch and middle of the proposed two stands.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:14 pm

e4sby wrote:

23 on the diagram?
The main concerned runs roughly SE to NW through the pitch and middle of the proposed two stands.
Are you sure you are not mistaking it with the halfway line?

GraemeT

Post by GraemeT » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Darlo Trust ‏@DarloTrust 2m2 minutes ago
Water pipe issue is resolved by a subtle change to the structure. Modular structure is fine after discussing with Northumbrian Water Board.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:47 pm

lo36789 wrote:
e4sby wrote:

23 on the diagram?
Are you sure you are not mistaking it with the halfway line?
I can assure you I haven't mistaken the pipe with the half way line. Go on google maps and you will see two manhole covers, one on the site and the other in the farmers field. Draw a line between them and that's the 39" pipe.

Martin Jesper assures this isn't a problem, demountable stands overcome this and appeases NW objection

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Thankfully the pipe doesn't seem to be a real issue or show stopper.

Thought tonight was excellent, be very tough to raise the money but certainly some value in the plans for those that can pay up front.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 pm

The 5 year season ticket will hopefully be popular. Get shot of 246 standing season tickets and we are there (including MG and Darlo Building Society £5k each).

If we manage to fill the 500 club that could be about £435,000 (assuming tbere are 65 each of the concessions seating/standing tickets.

Think this could work.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Another 12k already in the B2Darlo fund unless that was accounted for.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 pm

lo36789 wrote:The 5 year season ticket will hopefully be popular. Get shot of 246 standing season tickets and we are there (including MG and Darlo Building Society £5k each).

If we manage to fill the 500 club that could be about £435,000 (assuming tbere are 65 each of the concessions seating/standing tickets.

Think this could work.
Where did they say it was £5k from the Building Society?

It's a minimum £5k spend for corporate partners, but it could be more than that, depending on the package they negotiate.

Unless I missed something, Dave Mills and Martin Jesper said the exact nature of the deal was to be arranged and didn't disclose the amount DBS are putting in.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Yeah not disclosed or agreed by all accounts exactly what DBS were in for. Wouldn't surprise me if they were in discussions around being the main sponsor again.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
shawry wrote:

No normally consultation is undertaken with highways, utilities etc to check things are viable prior to submission of plans, you simply would not draw up plans to build over a known obstacle i.e. water main if you knew it would be objectionable and not feasible to go ahead with due to building restrictions and regulations.

Hope this is just a small blip and contingencies are in place to work around this.

A water main isn't an obstacle, there was one at Feethams and others criss cross the town. Just needs some avoidance of main and its access points when positioning foundations and structures.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Was there any outcome from the meeting?