Match thread anyone?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Match thread anyone?

Post by divas » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:41 pm

One other factor to consider - we have just completed 4 away games in a row. Okay we're not infallible at home but 4 away games is tough.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm

divas wrote:One other factor to consider - we have just completed 4 away games in a row. Okay we're not infallible at home but 4 away games is tough.
I think mid week games at this level are tough as well.....got to keep going....would prefer to be where we are than Salford.

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 pm

divas wrote:One other factor to consider - we have just completed 4 away games in a row. Okay we're not infallible at home but 4 away games is tough.
Fingers crossed the upcoming run of home games will see us get back on track.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I reckon between Salford and us it's 50/50 now.

Forget what's gone - if we get 3 points from one of our games in hand, then it's all square ,and whoever goes forward with the best form takes the top spot.

I'm not convinced that Salford's changing room will be as harmonious as ours - what with all the changes and all.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Think Salford are favourites with the games we both have left so to me the pressure moves to them

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I reckon between Salford and us it's 50/50 now.

Forget what's gone - if we get 3 points from one of our games in hand, then it's all square ,and whoever goes forward with the best form takes the top spot.

I'm not convinced that Salford's changing room will be as harmonious as ours - what with all the changes and all.
Recent results suggest otherwise.

And it's not as if the new players they've brought in and the management don't know eachother.

We are not quite in a situation where we are relying on Salford to slip up but we could be if we don't buck our ideas up. March will be a crucial month as we face Northwich twice along with Lancaster and a resurgent Warrington. Even Clitheroe could potentially be a difficult one after last night we can't afford to drop many more points and we have another tough game on saturday against Bamber Bridge.

I'd happily grind out another 2-1 against them like we did at their place, we need points on the board as I can't see Padiham doing us any favours on saturday.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Keep reading on here about Darlo and Salford for the title,BUT. hidden back further down the table lurks Spenny...No pressure on them as they are 5th. but if they win their games in hand (only had 2 losses in the last 18 games) the are right in it.
The advantage of being 5th is they are on the blind side of everyone.

Would not surprise me if they won the title and left the rest of us to fight it out

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 pm

No pressure on them? They have to keep winning to stay in playoff contention. They will still be 5 points off Salford IF they win their games in hand.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Wrong again lo..If they win there games in hand they go ahead of Salford on 66 points

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:03 pm

As people are saying nobody looking at spennymoor , not a bad bet at 25/1 just like ramsbottom last year just coasting along whilst we were trying to chase curzon but unlike last year there are still 4 or 5 still in the race . Other prices
Darlington 4/11, Salford 9/4, northwich 20/1 and if you want an outsider Scarborough 66/1
But what do they know they had ramsbottom as the outsiders to win the play offs last season at 9/1

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Ah yeh sorry you are right. It's that they are 2 points behind us if they win their games in hand - then I added on Salford 3points for some reason!?

I still think they will lose at Salford though, and imagine at least another 2 games before the season is done.

Interestingly their clubhouse project has been canned because of lack of investment. I always thought that was a necessary part of the plan? Who said their run in was easy as well?

Warrington, Salford, Lancaster, Bamber Bridge, Harrogate RA, Farsley and Droylsden all left to play!?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:36 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:It's all well and good saying Whites a liability because of his indiscipline, however all the goals came before the sending off, and if we concede 3 then we deserve fuck all anyway
"It's just that with 11 on the field we have a much higher chance of scoring.

Anyway with White's early retirement, ooops I mean impending ban, it will be easier for Gray to pick a defence that can defend."

What are you talking about - the defence tonight was virtually our first choice one ever since Watson signed. Didn't hear much complaining from you prior to Saturday. Who would you put in, we're not swimming in replacements are we. Unfortunately, as last season, the better teams are finding us out. We've been lulled into a false sense of security by having had a long run of games against the lesser teams in the league, hence why our run in is as it is. Time for our management team to earn their corn, starting with another potential banana skin this weekend. It's an easy job as flat track bullies, let's see if they've learnt from last year. As for White, it's a pity our most experienced player can't control himself better at a time when he's needed the most.
Nonsense.

We've played almost every at least once and beaten most of them. You can't tell me Spenny, Harrogate and many others are not among the better teams in the league?

We're going through a wobble in form, but thankfully our form for the vast majority of the season has put us in a position where we can afford a small wobble at this stage. It needs to be halted soon before we give away our potential advantage, and just as our wobble early in the season was halted to magnificent effect.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:38 pm

polarbear wrote:
D_F_C wrote:This is who we have left with their current positions

Darlington vs. Bamber Bridge 6th - just signed Jon Macken and have Paul Mckenna
Clitheroe vs. Darlington 13th
Darlington vs. Lancaster City 12th but we only took a point off last season
Darlington vs. Northwich Victoria 3rd - still fighting for title, Jim Gannon in charge
Darlington vs. Prescot Cables 20th should be 3 points, but only drew last year
New Mills vs. Darlington 21st should be 3 points
Warrington Town vs. Darlington 10th but hit good form recently
Northwich Victoria vs. Darlington as above
Darlington vs. Droylsden 7th, dropped off but still will give us a game
Scarborough Athletic vs. Darlington 4th - beaten them twice but they've improved
Darlington vs. Mossley AFC 11th, no pushovers
Lancaster City vs. Darlington as above
Darlington vs. New Mills as above
I have a feeling, whoever wins the game between Salford and Spennymoor will go on to win the league.
How can we beat two teams in one game we're not even playing in?

Plus, our record against Salford isn't great so I wouldn't fancy us to beat them.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC