Kendal Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

njb
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kendal Match Thread

Post by njb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:52 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I hope the players aren't falling out like some of us. A bit of pressure and it's starting to show.

And to anyone at the game - what went so desperately wrong for us to go 3 down ?
For the first goal we had a corner and they broke quickly down the slope and we didn't have enough cover, second goal was hit over the top and chased onto and missed by our defence, third goal Brown hit a back pass too firmly and Jameson couldn't get to it. Last goal we were caught forward but to be fair was a cracking finish. The slope caught us out 3 times and I'm afraid an individual error by Brown for the 3rd.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Report from today

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2015/ ... int-cakes/

Very disappointing.

2nd half we came back and created quite a few chances.

Cartman is struggling, just hope it doesn't get to him too much, he's just tweeted about it. He will come good if we give the chances

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:31 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:Is it just me or is Cartman turning out to be a bit of a Lemon?

Had a call from someone at the game today who said his open goal miss today was as bad as any he'd seen before.

Only seen him play twice but he just seems a bit s*** to me
First the Ted thing in the Hartlepool thread, now this.

Are you always this wrong about everything?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:32 pm

How does this happen? Andrew Johnson, Nathan Fisher and now Nathan Cartman. For what it is worth Cartman has looked good since he joined he links play well and whilst he might have only scored once but how many assists has he had?

MG has a bit of responsibility though to keep him away from social media if things are being said which are against him. He sounds a bit upset by it, but he looks technically very good and an absolute asset to us.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Forgot to put bit of confusion about who scored our second ?

Some places reading White saw Galbraith.

Both wheeled away, but live I thought it was White, however, the sun wasn't helping vision wise looking towards that goal

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:37 pm

lo36789 wrote:How does this happen? Andrew Johnson, Nathan Fisher and now Nathan Cartman. For what it is worth Cartman has looked good since he joined he links play well and whilst he might have only scored once but how many assists has he had?

MG has a bit of responsibility though to keep him away from social media if things are being said which are against him. He sounds a bit upset by it, but he looks technically very good and an absolute asset to us.
Johnson scored plenty and IMO was a success during his short time here.

Fisher was never proven at this level.

Cartman - still to early to judge fully but has missed a few sitters. The pressure is probably getting to him. He was brought in to replace Purewal and his job was to replace his goals which he's not yet doing. Assists, I don't think he has many at all. Some nice touches but never really in dangerous areas. Some of our play at times isn't suited to him but he should have had at least 3 goals from open play so far. Was talking to his uncle at Harrogate and he mentioned that he's not the greatest finisher and probably needs 3 chances to score 1

bga

Post by bga » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:
davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:Is it just me or is Cartman turning out to be a bit of a Lemon?

Had a call from someone at the game today who said his open goal miss today was as bad as any he'd seen before.

Wow! :o :shock:
The last line of his post says it all.

"Only seen him twice but I'll call him s*** anyway."
DarloGramps How many times have you seen him play to come

And ? Problem like? This obsession you have with me is starting to get a bit creepy
Ah I see. Replying to you a couple of times on forum means I have an obsession. Don't flatter yourself.
Cartmans played bout 6/7 times now and scored once from a penalty.....
after scoring about 30 times earlier in the season, not impressed at all in the twice ive seen him and he hasnt been any better in any of the other games hes played I'm informed.
Dowson or Hatch should be getting a start IMO.
He's been at Harrogate for a large part of his career, was happy there and was used their way of playing.

Now he's moving to a much bigger club, with more fans watching on and more pressure, particularly when you consider we're challenging for the title.

Making that move means he will need time to settle. If he's given time, there's enough there from his exploits at Harrogate and from the games I've seen, to suggest he'll do well.

Whether we can afford to give him that time to settle, when we're in a title battle, is a matter for Martin Gray to decide.

But writing him off and calling him "s***" on the basis of two games and what your mates have told you is ludicrous.
DarloGramps How many times ("and from the games I've seen") have you seen him play to arrive at this conclusion?

bga

Post by bga » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:How does this happen? Andrew Johnson, Nathan Fisher and now Nathan Cartman. For what it is worth Cartman has looked good since he joined he links play well and whilst he might have only scored once but how many assists has he had?

lo36789 you could add Hatch to the above? On balance I agree your view of Cartman. Defences are making him tightly which should mean more space for others but that is another debate I guess!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:51 pm

njb wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:I hope the players aren't falling out like some of us. A bit of pressure and it's starting to show.

And to anyone at the game - what went so desperately wrong for us to go 3 down ?
For the first goal we had a corner and they broke quickly down the slope and we didn't have enough cover, second goal was hit over the top and chased onto and missed by our defence, third goal Brown hit a back pass too firmly and Jameson couldn't get to it. Last goal we were caught forward but to be fair was a cracking finish. The slope caught us out 3 times and I'm afraid an individual error by Brown for the 3rd.

First half today reminded me of the second half away to Droylsden where we lost 2-1 after leading 1-0 and Droylsden went down to 10 men. Looked as though the lads thought they only had to turn up to win. After the superb performance against Harrogate I think a few were complacent. We passed the ball about in dangerous areas and were caught out. I'm all for playing a passing game but Kendal were ready for it and pressured us from the first minute and doubled up on Mota & Thompson. Unfortunately we had no answer.

The first 15 kamikaze minutes finished the game today and it was pretty unbelievable, one cock-up is bad enough but when the 3rd went in it was surreal. It looked as though they'd all been out on the lash last night.

It was a total freak and we just need to forget it and move on to Tuesday.

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Sidarlo wrote:Forgot to put bit of confusion about who scored our second ?

Some places reading White saw Galbraith.

Both wheeled away, but live I thought it was White, however, the sun wasn't helping vision wise looking towards that goal

I was behind the goal and I was sure it was White who got his head on the ball. However it happenned so quick and both White and Galbraith ran away together

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:54 pm

bga wrote:

lo36789 you could add Hatch to the above? On balance I agree your view of Cartman. Defences are making him tightly which should mean more space for others but that is another debate I guess!
Got to agree with Mark Cooper on Hatch, if he wants to continue playing he needs to make a permanent move to centre back. He's been a big disappointment up front for me. He's never been prolific but I expected that to change with him dropping down a few levels. Neither him nor Dowson are goal scorers which is obviously why we moved for Cartman when Purewal was ruled out. It's a good job pretty much everyone chips in with goals.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Special mention for Ian Watson today. The only one to come out with any credit. Gave 100% today, covering every blade of grass and always looking to drive the team forward even when playing in an unfamiliar centre back role.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Just been through our last goal frame by frame and I reckon it is Alan White's goal.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 pm

mikkyx wrote:

You jumping on everything I post yet again what a suprise :roll:
Have you seen him play?
I aint always wrong about everything either , if i remember rightly a couple years back you knew Forster was posting as loose cannon and did fuck all about it.
All seems a bit familiar to me
see ya :clap:

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 pm

divas wrote:Special mention for Ian Watson today. The only one to come out with any credit. Gave 100% today, covering every blade of grass and always looking to drive the team forward even when playing in an unfamiliar centre back role.
Agree
M I C R A 3

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:14 pm

To blame cart man for today's defeat is as ludicrous as making Brown wholly culpable for today's defensive horror show. Watch the video. As a team we were collectively poor defensively today apart from Watson and Mota.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:17 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
mikkyx wrote:

You jumping on everything I post yet again what a suprise :roll:
Have you seen him play?
I aint always wrong about everything either , if i remember rightly a couple years back you knew Forster was posting as loose cannon and did fuck all about it.
All seems a bit familiar to me
see ya :clap:
"Everything"? I think I've replied to you on this - because I believe you're wrong, and the Ted thing - because I know you're wrong. That just leaves another 1,059 posts of yours that you'll need to check. ;)

I'm going to level with you - you've seen him twice as much as I have. I've seen him on his home debut and that's it, but I think he played well in that game.

Yes, he missed a sitter today, and yes, his only goal for us so far was a penalty - but our style of play isn't suiting him a lot of the time. You don't have 30 goals at this point in the season if you're a "lemon". New club, different environment, different teammates, different expectations. Time given will be rewarded with goals scored.

Regards "loose cannon" - is he still posting? No? Then I guess something got done about it.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 pm

TFDM wrote:Just been through our last goal frame by frame and I reckon it is Alan White's goal.
Without a doubt, even without seeing who headed it just watch the celebration, Galbraith's reaction clearly shows it's White's goal.

Those 3 early goals don't look any better on film. First goal summed up our first half pereformance. No-one busting a gut to pick players up.

Some of our defenders need a reminder to pick their men up instead of being drawn to the ball. Carbon copy of the first goal at Salford where all the defenders run towards the man with the ball and leave the runner in space. Disappointed with Galbraith who gave up thinking the first shot was going in, instead of picking up the man who it eventually fell too.

Not sure what was up with Jameson today but did not want to leave his line. 4 or 5 times when Kendal played a ball over the top he should have come and cleared his lines. We defended too high in the first 15 minutes, especially given the lack of pace in our centre back pairing.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 pm

15 mins of madness cost us today, Gray made right decision to make a change and bring Hunter on.

Have to re-group and move on to the next one asap.

Galbraith seems to be congratulating White on the highlights in terms of the 2nd goal.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 pm

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
He's been at Harrogate for a large part of his career, was happy there and was used their way of playing.

Now he's moving to a much bigger club, with more fans watching on and more pressure, particularly when you consider we're challenging for the title.

Making that move means he will need time to settle. If he's given time, there's enough there from his exploits at Harrogate and from the games I've seen, to suggest he'll do well.

Whether we can afford to give him that time to settle, when we're in a title battle, is a matter for Martin Gray to decide.

But writing him off and calling him "s***" on the basis of two games and what your mates have told you is ludicrous.
DarloGramps How many times ("and from the games I've seen") have you seen him play to arrive at this conclusion?
Fair question. I've seen four games.

And based on what I've seen/heard/read it's my opinion (not conclusion) that he has the potential to be a success.

And the fact he had a stunning record at Harrogate RA.

That's my point, he's been with us a month. To be making any sort of conclusion after such a short length of time is ridiculous.

And in all fairness, it's only a couple of the usual brainless fools on here who have written him off.

Most normal, reasonable fans are willing to give him time.

He's performed exceptionally in the past for Harrogate. There's no reason to suggest he can't be a success here.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Was definitly White's goal, brilliant header from him

As for Cartman, all strikers go through droughts, the lad knows how to score which he's shown at Harrogate and is why we signed him, he's come into a new team with a big fanbase watching him, the lad will come good, you can see he's a good footballer.

15 minutes of madness cost us today, in hindsight Hunter should of started, there attack struggled when he came on and added pace to the back

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

How anyone with 37 goals by February can be described as "a bit s***" beggars belief. He's struggling to settle, what he needs is a bit of support, you know, what supporters are supposed to do - the clues in the name. Hopefully the majority appreciate this.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Btw I don't think I made myself clear at all. I meant people jumping on a player before he has really had a chance to prove himself. That wasn't clear at all I realise that.

Johnson, Fisher and Cartman were all expected to just hit the ground running and within 2 games where hatricks weren't scored suddenly they were s***.

Cartman has looked technically very good. If he is given time he will come good.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Thommo has scored 6 all season? No one is calling him shite and the like, we know his worth and Cartmans record this season is not a fluke, the team need to feed him the balls, getting on his back will not help his state of mind which I suspect is fragile currently and he's questioning himself.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:52 pm

lo36789 wrote:Btw I don't think I made myself clear at all. I meant people jumping on a player before he has really had a chance to prove himself. That wasn't clear at all I realise that.

Johnson, Fisher and Cartman were all expected to just hit the ground running and within 2 games where hatricks weren't scored suddenly they were s***.

Cartman has looked technically very good. If he is given time he will come good.
Johnson did hit the ground running though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

still didn't stop him getting accused of not working hard enough - remember?

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Johnson was a goal scorer same as Cartman, however Cartman has alot more to his game than goals, something Johnson struggled with, Cartman will come good, just have to support him instead of getting on his back

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Today's result has certainly upped the pressure on us for Tuesday night's game.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Well where do I start?!

Absolutely no hiding place we were dreadful today, imo no individuals can be singled out as collectively from top to bottom we were poor. Saying that I take nothing away from Kendal who were excellent today and remained true to their unpredictable form, however it was clear to see how they hammered both Salford and Prescot 6-0 at their place earlier in the season.

They were quicker than us, sharper than us, hungrier than us, better organised than us and more committed than us they were ready to put their bodies on the line, we weren't, which was the most disappointing thing for me today. The cornerstone of our team not just this season but in the previous two has been a solid defence and a strong work ethic, today we had neither of those things.

They were up and at us from the start and we were chasing the game after just 2 minutes, they showed us absolutely no fear they broke quickly and weren't scared to commit men forward, our defence which has been so resolute for the majority of this season virtually disintegrated.

Gary Brown and overwhelmed don't often go in the same sentence but he was totally overrun by their forwards in the opening 10-15 minutes he couldn't live with Connerton or the other lad they had up front, MG had no choice but to bring him off and his reaction said it all really. Sadly in my opinion had he stayed on we'd have ended up losing by a bigger margin.

Maybe Hunter should have started but hindsight is a wonderful thing, we seemed to get it together at the back again when he came on but unfortunately the damage was done. Kendal seemed happy to sit back and play on the counter attack with their 3-0 advantage, we had long spells of possession but rarely threatened their goal other than the chances mentioned earlier.

It had echoes of "those" games against Guisborough in the NL and Farsley last season it took until midway through the second half for someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck. As has been mentioned already Ian Watson's second half performance was probably the only positive he was the only one who showed a little ambition and drive and he scored a good goal and gave us a lifeline.

We rallied a little after that but truthfully we never looked like getting back into it, nor did we really deserve to. Even before our second their fourth looked inevitable, they always looked dangerous on the counter attack and more likely to score. Their fourth was a beauty and no less than what they deserved but for me Hunter was at fault as their lad had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

Unfortunately a rare bad day all round.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Shed7 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:27 pm

This league is amazing. Spennymoor absolutely tore Kendal to shreds on Tuesday yet they beat the title favourites with plenty to spare today.
It happens, Darlo will bounce back, keep the faith chaps!